Ayr United, what now 2015-16

JP, relative to his reputation, stunk the place up for most of his contract before eventually looking good by the last quarter of his contract.

The guy is a football nomad so not surprising he's moved on.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lolbion are throwing it about this year for that league though.

One of our ex players signed there and he's on more money than our current highest earner.

Would have thought JPM will blow that out the water as well.

Don't believe all you read or hear in the rumour mills. Most of the figures suggested, on our forum also, are ludicrous.

Given Stenny well publicised financial melt down last year, there won't be much in the way of a playing budget at Ochilview next season.

Ayr confirmed for a pre season tournament.

"Our first pre season fixtures have now been confirmed and we will travel to the Gretna Tournament on the weekend of Saturday 11th and Sunday 12th of July. Semi finals will take place on the Saturday and 3rd and 4th place match and the final on Sunday.

Times of the matches and opponents have still to be confirmed and we will publish the information as soon as we have it. The matches will all be played at Raydale Park. It would be great to see lots of Ayr fans travel down for the weekend to support the team and hopefully pick up a trophy."

Not with the 2 I know that are signing this week.

Clue.... Ian McCall previously signed one of them for Partick Thistle

Martin Grehan

Chris erskine ?

Top of the list of disappointing Ayr United decisions:

Erskine, 22, revealed how he quit his shipyard job as a pipefitter to go full time.
The midfielder left Kilbirnie to join the Jags and said: "The juniors can be quite tough but it served me well in my four years there.
"I was at Ayr United a couple of seasons back when Robert Connor was manager. He wanted to sign me but then he got the sack and the club wanted to put me out on loan back to Kilbirnie.

"But I was looking for a fulltime deal. Then this came along at Thistle so I left my job just two weeks ago and everything's been going well."

Doesn't really make sense with Donald signing and a contract on the table for Blakeman. Hard to judge Keenan from his loan spell - he was walking into a slow motion train wreck at the time.

I'm hearing that Paddy Boyle has agreed terms. That would be a very good signing

Our local reporter Colin Paterson mentioned this in the press today. I'd be shocked and hugely disappointed if that turns out to be true. Our best player last season by some distance and our captain, he'd be a big loss.

I'd like to think he wouldn't leave for a team in the same league as us, especially one that finished well below us, but I've been wrong before.

Archived