Ayr United, what now 2015-16

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man, would take Alan Trouten in the click of a finger. A smashing player who, if you're prepared to build the team around, could be a devastating force.

If he does leave, I could see him going back to Brechin City.

well all live in hope

So far we have:

Boyle, Trouten, Crawford, Gilmour, Wardope, McGuffie, Forrest, Nisbet. 5 Academy graduates as well!

He's a monster.

Killie played well tonight and Falkirk looked like we did on Sunday. If the same happens next game then Killie will be ok. Fortunately they seem to follow each good performance with a shocker so Falkirk still have a real chance.

Hard to disagree. Promoted in 2nd place and have finished 2nd bottom 5 times since then but not been relegated due to introduction of one up one down. Someone somewhere said the other thing they have in common with cockroaches is they would survive a nuclear holocaust.

Looked to me like they were able to bully Falkirk a bit, especially in the second half. Falkirk sat off and allowed numerous crosses from deep, a couple of which should have been despatched but for some terrible misses.

Falkirk to play Miller on Sunday and hold the ball up a bit better is an absolute certainty.

I'd be worried if we're going into next season with the majority of the players from this year still first picks.

Devlin and Boyle are fine, but we need good backup for both. Happy with Murphy/Graham fighting for one of the centre-back spots but they need someone with pace beside them.

A midfield pairing of Doc and Crawford (with Gilmour/Wardrope as back-up) looks hardworking but not a great deal of quality compared to what we're likely to be facing. Out wide we've got nothing, Donald has good pace but limited skill, Trouten isn't a wide midfielder and neither is Forrest.

I'd imagine we're likely to play one up front a lot so we need a proven striker and possibly Forrest or Trouten (or Stevo?) could play in behind. Moore would be a decent choice but it would leave our front line lacking in height. Could be McKenzie's breakthrough year, but it would be a big risk going into the season relying on an unproven youngster.

Fleming should be good enough as a keeper but obviously we need a backup and I'd prefer experience over youth I think.

I don't disagree, was very surprised to hear this rumour, especially with him being a previous player at Livi before being released due to injuries.

I can't see us offering much more than what you can offer tbh.

Like I said the club actually thought it was a done deal before his agent said to wait and see what Ayr could offer.

For us its Docherty or Byrne from Dunfermline.

Looks like you guys are safe, we've just signed Byrne.

Good luck in the championship.

Looks like you guys are safe, we've just signed Byrne.

Good luck in the championship.

Hes in Ibiza the now. Wont be signing anywhere for a bit.

Archived