Ayr United, what now 2015-16

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If JP rejected us to move down a league with Stirling that would sum Ayr United up pretty well.

No, that would sum up a player who doesn't want to play for Ayr Utd pretty well. F**k anyone who wants to go elsewhere, good riddance. We were a shambles last season, absolute shambles!

Over the season McGovern was very average for us and I expected more as he was a high profile name. If he was paid decent money then he has been a poor signing or if paid very little then he did his bit. Personally I wouldn't be too bothered if he leaves as it allows a few different players to be brought into the key position that is central midfield.

Over the season McGovern was very average for us and I expected more as he was a high profile name. If he was paid decent money then he has been a poor signing or if paid very little then he did his bit. Personally I wouldn't be too bothered if he leaves as it allows a few different players to be brought into the key position that is central midfield.

He showed up at Forfar what kind of an asset he could have been for the season. I think he suffered from the group effort / morale inhibiting his ability for large parts of the season. In a strong midfield he'd be decent, he'll scoosh league 2 if the Clyde rumours are true.

Would be a great signing, if played in his correct position and not wasted out wide like he was most of the time with us.

Id love to see Trouten back. Hopefully we can fend off competition from Stranraer and Clyde for his signature.

Yeah confirmed on OS that JP is away.

Very surprised but it will hardly have been an enjoyable season for him. He was an empty jersey before McCall arrived, but after he was excellent. I would have liked him to stay but should be replaceable.

Jp away!!

No more spacegoat :(

Such a depressing statement.

Never did I think we'd ever be, no offence to the two clubs, competing for signatures with clubs like Clyde and Stranraer but its as much as anything a sign of the damage done during the Roberts regime. McCall will hopefully have a few names in mind that he can sell the club to, its early doors yet so no need for any form of panic until late July.

I think McCall has done the right thing with the deadline. You can't build a team with players who don't want to be there and those who wait till the last minute for a better deal only to settle for what we offer won't be the ones who run through the proverbial brick wall.

If jp wasn't wanting to stay then fair is fair, he's not been told exactly where he stands and can't have any hard feelings. He didn't set the heather on fire but grew into the jersey by the end, would have been a good player for next year but wholesale changes after last season cannot be a bad thing.

Also from his point of view, being the space goat can't have been fun. Personally, I'd wish him the best of luck in the future.

Heard a rumour of two Stranraer players heading to Somerset. Not sure if there is any truth in it but think Ayr fans would be happy with either/both signing.

Would consider taking Pettigrew back, they don't really have any good enough players though. Just all oot their nut on herbalife

Archived