Ayr United, what now 2015-16

Like Moff who was playing juniors for 5 years before signing for Ayr? Or Mikey Donald?

Don't forget, Doolan and Erskine who (correct me if I'm wrong) McCall brought into the leagues.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Raymond Logan is currently dusting off his old captain's armband after an absence of 8 years to once again restore the faith of the masses and lead our grand club back up to a 6th place finish. Heard it here first.

I'm not gonna be signing for Ayr, was just making point regarding junior players. slightly off topic but was great to play in Stephen Grindlays testimonial yesterday with Borris, Prunty, Roberts, Agnew and akso to see Alex Williams. We had great dressing room.

I'm not gonna be signing for Ayr, was just making point regarding junior players. slightly off topic but was great to play in Stephen Grindlays testimonial yesterday with Borris, Prunty, Roberts, Agnew and akso to see Alex Williams. We had great dressing room.

Few of us met Williams in a Willie Hill when we got home on the Monday after the Germany game last September in Prestwick, betting on the dogs haha. Don't think he was long out the tin pale.

When you watch Gilmour you know there's a decent player in there, he's only turned up a few times but I'm willing to give him and the manager the benefit of the doubt, in the right team he could be transformed, we'll just need to wait and see.

Pre-season can be invaluable for setting players on the right positions, tactical awareness etc.

You very rarely see Jose tinkering much during a game. His teams are well drilled in his system.

It's the modern way, for those with half a brain anyway!

I'm sure Jobby will be collecting the pieces of his jigsaw, creating a masterpiece of strategic, total football.

The sleeping giant awaketh

It'll be interesting to see whether McCall can bring out the player in Gilmour once he's had a full pre-season with him.

He looked good when he first joined (was it back in 2013?) but gradually went backwards under Roberts - as did quite a few others.

Archived