Ayr United, what now 2015-16

Now we're safe it's got to be all positive from here.

I'm certainly glad Ian McCall's in charge as he'll get rid of the dead wood and hopefully replenish with a bit of quality. Surely we must be aiming for automatic promotion.

That's the job half done now on to the second half.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest honestrae95

12/12 for us again. Pleased you're here. Easy peasy.

Knew you didn't really want us relegated, PeasyD. See you soon pal. x

Bit concerning to hear McCall say post match that he wants to keep most of the side together, though I'm pretty happy Preston is coming back for a full season.

Bit concerning to hear McCall say post match that he wants to keep most of the side together, though I'm pretty happy Preston is coming back for a full season.

I honestly think we just need the right 3 or 4 players in or out.

We need a new keeper, a new centre half, a ball winning gritty midfielder and a striker to partner Preston. I believe that the some of the players we have will play for better in a team that is challenging at the top.

Players I would let go; Hutton, Robertson, Murray, Beattie and Donald (however he is contracted so it's unlikely)

At the meet the fans intro McCall mentioned about having good contacts in the game here and down south, so I'm hopingfor big changes.

Come on Lachlan step up to the plate and support Ian McCall make us good again.

Right, from yesterday, it's clear to me we have some good players who we will/should keep. The most noticeable thing yesterday was when we went 1-0 down, the heads stayed up and we kept on fighting. We got there in the end and that's all that matters.

On to next season, we need to keep as many as the committed/decent players we've got. I would:

Keep:

Crawford - no need to explain why

Forrest - hopefully gets an extended contract

Preston - looks like he will be back

Murphy - best defender we have

Devlin - player of the year

JP - took on the captains role well, would like to see him stay

Possible:

Blakeman - with a good pre season under his belt he could be a useful player

Donald - under contract so not sure what will happen

McKenna - possibly back on loan, could be a good partnership with Murphy

Murray - out of contract with Aberdeen by the looks of it

Out:

Hutton - shame it's ended the way it has, all the best

Robertson - not really happened for him

Gilmour - just seems to be a luxury player, not enough about him

Neil - not worked out under McCall

Beattie - if fit he could maybe be useful, to be fair to him he looked like he really cared, just hasn't worked out as well as we would have hoped

So from the list of what we have and who I would keep, we're probably looking at needing to bring in:

Goalie - possibly Tuffey

Centre half

Left back

Winger

Centre mid

Striker

Hopefully we can get deals done early and get the squad together for a proper pre season and push on for the league next season, so far the league is Albion, Airdrie, Ayr, Cowden, Dunfermline, Peterhead and 3 of Alloa, Stranraer, Forfar Brechin and one of Stenny, Arbroath, East Fife or Queens Park. Feel the league will be a lot weaker than this season and can see Stranraer losing Aitken if they don't go up.

Anyway, glad to see the back of this season now, feeling a lot more positive about Ayr United now!

Can't remember the last time I was looking forward to a new season so quickly, can't wait to see the signings McCall makes. I think with a good, professional pre season players such as JP, Crawford, Forrest, Blakeman and Murphy can only get better too.

Archived