Ayr United, what now 2015-16

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My brother speaks to him quite a bit hed love to be given a chance to prove himself

He was given a few chances before in the first team and never really impressed much despite having a decent reputation coming through the academy. He lacked pace but looked like he had a decent touch.

I'd like to see him back at Ayr but I'm not sure how much of that is a belief he could make it or that it is just a sentimental hope that he is one of the academy lads that turns out to be a good player

I heard like a good few players at Ayr that there was no love loss between Roberts and him. That coupled with a poor attitude proved his undoing I think. Whether the friction with Roberts resulted in his poor attitude who knows, but there's no denying he has ability. I wouldn't be pinning my hopes on him to score the goals we need though.

Shankland? I think we have already seen he isn't going to progress to the level or where we are currently. Far too slow to be of use.

So who's he one for us then who is he 20 plus goals a season man for Ayr?

I don't think he is a 20 goal striker, but looking at what else is available (unless a better loan option appears) but Preston is probably the best we can hope for at the moment.

Forrest is good for 9 goals a season so far so you would hope that improves a bit on its own.

I don't think he is a 20 goal striker, but looking at what else is available (unless a better loan option appears) but Preston is probably the best we can hope for at the moment.

Forrest is good for 9 goals a season so far so you would hope that improves a bit on its own.

Would imagine Trouten would also be go for somewhere in the 10-15 region for us too. Hopefully a pissing contest of goal scoring ensues between him and Forrest

We McCall has raised out hopes and we need a real striker if we are going to do anything in this league. He is the first manager we have had in years who could move us forward i trust him to make the right choices. Only hope the man with the money backs him up he has done well far so heres hoping. And what the hell is going on with someone buying us been a while since i've heard anything about it?????

In previous years Roberts has waited till September to see who drops into his scope, players who didn't get a deal elsewhere, McCall has had to sign a whole squad and fortunately he has done the majority early.

With Nesbit, McKenzie & Forrest he has three players that could play there along with Trouten behind, McCall has the luxury of not having to panic buy a forward. Ironically I think we need a Roberts type player to play up front with one of the younger boys, a Roberts type rather than a Kyle or Beattie type.

In previous years Roberts has waited till September to see who drops into his scope, players who didn't get a deal elsewhere, McCall has had to sign a whole squad and fortunately he has done the majority early.

With Nesbit, McKenzie & Forrest he has three players that could play there along with Trouten behind, McCall has the luxury of not having to panic buy a forward. Ironically I think we need a Roberts type player to play up front with one of the younger boys, a Roberts type rather than a Kyle or Beattie type.

that makes sense a warhorse type player.

Shankland? I think we have already seen he isn't going to progress to the level or where we are currently. Far too slow to be of use.

We've already seen umpteen players the last few years who looked dross in an Ayr strip that moved on and played at a better level. With better coaching and players round about them I'm willing to give them the chance. Maybe McCall could get him playing like he did with Crawford.

Thompson already stated that he wants to retire with st.mirren. Im certain Ayr could do with a player like Tam Mcmanus, he has experience that the younger guys could feed off and could score at least 15 at this level.

He would have been a belter of a signing as well, easily worth 15 goals at this level of he was played as a poacher.

Archived