Ayr United, what now 2015-16

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ayr's best two strikers in the last five years have been a) a has-been DKB and b) a never-was from the Juniors on the wrong side of 25. It's never easy to tell who will succeed at this level. (Sometimes even when they're playing in it, as shown by the likes of Cawley and Prunty having been regulars in the league above since leaving Ayr.)

For the last 2 seasons we've signed up burnt-out former Scottish international and Old Firm target men. Based on that, I'm predicting Kris Boyd to sign! :blink:

(Please god, no)

Lee Miller and James McFadden, potentially Kris Boyd and Kenny Miller all on the market....it could be one of many old shitey forwards to chose from

Lee Miller and James McFadden, potentially Kris Boyd and Kenny Miller all on the market....it could be one of many old shitey forwards to chose from

Rangers are stuck with Kenny Miller for another year.

Could be his namesake Lee.

At this level he would score 30 plus but don't think we can afford him.

I see no reason this level would produce a further 27 goals for him.

If you watched him play this year he just lost a little confidence say what you like about him he knows where the net is and he still gets into great scoring positions.

Boyd will go back to Ki**ie,

McFadden has been free'd by two premier teams, maybe a couple in the championship might want to sign him before he drops as far as us.

Lee Miller looks to be on the way out of football completely with his recent record which would make him an ideal signing for Ayr

i agree think he will go to them McFadden would be great but again think there's others he will go to before us and not fussed on Lee Miller. Its funny had all the excitement of the new signings now its went really quite I NEED MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Even if he was available, we'd have absolutely no need to sign McFadden. He isn't a striker, and we already have two more than capable players in Trouten and Forrest who can play in his position.

Archived