Ayr United, what now 2015-16

Last season, in the darkest days of Roberts' tenure, I started to take my 4 year old son to his first football, our local side Southampton at St Marys. I had resigned myself to his forthcoming love affair with English football, but now the comeback is on!

Tomorrow, we buy the kid's purple away top. Mon Ayr.

In McCall we trust.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully the signing buzz has tempted a few stay aways to come back and perhaps renew season tickets. Would be great if we can have crowds staying above 1000 all season, that would be a good measure of success. As would a finish in the playoff spots!

Just out of interest, how many of our new signings are full time? Was wondering if offering the chance of full time was making a difference or is it more the fact the part time players will be training in Glasgow rather than Ayr

I would suspect Fleming and maybe Docherty. They would both have been full time before they came to Stenny and Airdrie respectively, and looks like Airdrie and Stenny were just stop offs before they found full time football.

McLauchlan I think has another job, Boyle is at uni I think.

Not sure on Trouten, think he would benefit from it, however not sure on his circumstances.

I've not been this excited since we had sludden, walker and templet on lining up for the first time!

Could McCall be the new McLeod?

Can see this being quoted back when we scramble survival with a final day 0-0 draw at home to Albion Rovers

I would suspect Fleming and maybe Docherty. They would both have been full time before they came to Stenny and Airdrie respectively, and looks like Airdrie and Stenny were just stop offs before they found full time football.

McLauchlan I think has another job, Boyle is at uni I think.

Not sure on Trouten, think he would benefit from it, however not sure on his circumstances.

I think Alan Trouten is a driving instructor. I imagine it would be simple enough for him to balance the two.

I think Alan Trouten is a driving instructor. I imagine it would be simple enough for him to balance the two.

He's not any more, gave it up a few years ago. He now has a Monday-Friday job so I dunno how tempted he'd be by full-time football.

Fair fucks to ayr. Shows what a wee bit of ambition can do in this league. Created a feel good factor round the club going into the season.

Although i will still laugh if you f**k it up haha

Must admit that I am probably more gutted about Docherty than Boyle, solid player in our midfield, genuinely thought he would step up a league like Craig Barr did last year. No sour grapes though, if Ayr are able offer him full time then fair play to them, however I do still hope your season is a car crash (sadly with the players you are signing though it is looking less and less likely)

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/scottish/league-1/winner

Thought we would be shorter than 10's, happily stuck a few quid on

Mon Ayr

Some of they odds are just ridiculously lazy. Cowden and Brechin both don't have a squad or manager. No idea how Dunfermline are going to go about things, need to wait and see how their signings going.

10s for Ayr at the moment is very generous and I'm sure it won't last.

Archived