Ayr United, what now 2015-16

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doesn't fit the centre half mould, but an experienced Championship player I wouldn't be surprised to see us linked with is Mark Kerr? Falkirk and Dundee United connection with McCall. No mention of him though as far as I can see.

He's just off the back of a good half-season with Falkirk. No chance he's dropping down a level right now.

Leishman seems to be like Sloan in that he has done really well at the top of the junior game but no one has ever taken a punt on them, If we are signing him I'd have liked to have kept Hutton for competition (if Leishman turns out to be a complete bomb-scare) or sign another experienced goalkeeper.

From what I have heard there wont be any mention on Leishman moving until after the junior cup final.

Why would we want to keep a complete bomb-scare as competition?

Hutton was adequate for the majority of his time at Ayr and became one of the boo boys favorites in the last few weeks after a few dreadful moments in a couple of games, he wasn't as good as some previous Ayr keepers like Cuthbert or Roy but he wasn't as bad as countless others. He also played behind a midfield who went through 3 years without putting a tackle in and a defense.......if you could call it that that was made up most weeks of a central midfielder and two left backs. So I think it would be harsh to single out Hutton as the weak link in the stopping goals department.

He was an adequate goalkeeper who probably wouldn't have played every minute of every game like he did, if there was competition for his jersey, he was part time and I don't see any reason why he couldn't have been kept as competition for any keeper coming in as I think we need two goalkeepers capable of playing in the first team

Keeper is probably the hardest position at Ayr to be fair, given over the last decade and a half I've been following the club we've had some really solid keepers in there with the odd dud, Ally Brown & Barry John Corr. In that respect Hutton has had a tough gig given his tendency to self destruct at times. Not the worst I've seen but certainly no where near the best.

I don't think we can really afford to have two keepers on decent money, Newman will surely have his chance in training to impress as well as the reserve games.

I've nothing against Hutton, but his confidence seemed to go around September time and was costing us goals on a weekly basis from then on. The same thing happened to him at Hamilton as I recall. We need to do better in that department.

Archived