Ayr United, what now 2015-16

Everything has gone very quiet. Id expect if Murphy doesn't sign we will need at least 6 more players if we are to have a squad for a serious title push. Fairly optimistic for next season but taking nothing for granted, just hope McCall builds a strong team that can make us believe.

Said it would be quiet this week. McCall is still in talks with Murphy, but it would appear he is looking for a higher wage, don't see him staying.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd rather sign Murphy and play him in midfield than Neill

It took Roberts 2 years to find a decent center half, hopefully McCall has 3-4 on his radar other than Murphy and McKenna, I'd rather go into the season with the majority of the squad contracted to us rather than loans

Would hope we'd line up next season something like:

GK: new player

RB: Devlin

CB: Murphy(if he signs)

CB: New Player

LB: Boyle

CDM: Crawford

CDM: New Player

RAM: Forrest

CAM: Trouten

LAM: New Player

ST: New Player

Subs(7):

Newman

Campbell

Muir

Gilmour

Donald

Nisbet

McKenzie

Got a feeling Donald and Gilmour could be starters next sesson though.

According to the Post we're close to a "big" signing.A centre back/midfielder from the top half of the Championship.No idea who it could be though.

The deal for Morgyn Neill is off the table and McCall is going down to talk to Murphy this week.

Kevin Cuthbert and Andy Leishman mentioned again

Is that a centre back or midfielder, or a guy who plays both?

I'll settle for someone who can play one of them competently.

According to the Post we're close to a "big" signing.A centre back/midfielder from the top half of the Championship.No idea who it could be though.

The deal for Morgyn Neill is off the table and McCall is going down to talk to Murphy this week.

Hope Murphy stays on. As for the centre back/midfielder I have no idea as to who that could be. Aaron Muirhead? Started off at youth with Ayr.

Thought Andy Dowie but think he signed on again with QOS. Stephen McKenna from QOS?

Lee McCulloch?

Steven McKenna came to mind also. And Lee McCulloch would certainly be that real "hard man" type player that McCall is looking for. Would have to sacrifice a lot of his wages mind you!!

Leishman seems to be like Sloan in that he has done really well at the top of the junior game but no one has ever taken a punt on them, If we are signing him I'd have liked to have kept Hutton for competition (if Leishman turns out to be a complete bomb-scare) or sign another experienced goalkeeper.

From what I have heard there wont be any mention on Leishman moving until after the junior cup final.

Doesn't fit the centre half mould, but an experienced Championship player I wouldn't be surprised to see us linked with is Mark Kerr? Falkirk and Dundee United connection with McCall. No mention of him though as far as I can see.

It would be someone free'd by their club, at the top end only Hibs have announced Liam Craig has been free'd, he'd fit the big name but I'm guessing it would be unlikely.

QOTS and Rangers haven't announced anything yet that I can see.

Archived