Ayr United, what now 2015-16

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have fandan players who will look better if someone else does most of the donkey work and then gives them the ball to do the passing.

Airdrie probably have other players that perform a similar role to Blockley or have a midfield that can put the foot in as well as pass a ball.

It wasn't meant as an "Airdrie are hammerthrowers" kind of point.

Our midfield which turned our season around contained the likes of Fraser, Docherty and Fitzpatrick - none of which are renowned as hard tacklers. Fraser and Docherty are two of the more creative players in the league.

Blockley didn't feature much as he doesn't have the ability those guys have shown.

So your point is ......well......utter bollocks.

Our midfield which turned our season around contained the likes of Fraser, Docherty and Fitzpatrick - none of which are renowned as hard tacklers. Fraser and Docherty are two of the more creative players in the league.

Blockley didn't feature much as he doesn't have the ability those guys have shown.

So your point is ......well......utter bollocks.

I couldn't give a flying what your midfield is like, I'm only interested in who will fit in to our title challenging team this season, I'll settle for the playoffs if we fail you'll accept mid table mediocrity if you fail in your aim of the top 4.

He has, like everybody else, until Friday to accept his contract offer so trying not to worry about it.

Saying that, I did hear that a few Championship teams might be interested in him so maybe he is holding out for a better offer?

At least McCall has offered deals nice and early so we'll know exactly where we're at by the 15th. A good right back isn't overly difficult to find but I'd prefer to keep Devlin as he improved immensely over the course of the season.

He would have seen Donald get his 2 year deal just after Christmas and wonder where his was. He offers more than your average right back and can play at centre half too. Hope we have made him a good offer and not some token gesture.

I like this early take it or leave it approach by McCall. Roberts let them train with us right up until they couldn't get deals elsewhere.

Anyone else feel Shankland is due another shot at the club. He could be another Crawford.

Nothing much changes over on the Somerset Road website. The usual HP posters moaning about everything and anything. FFS give McCall a chance and trust who he thinks it's worthy of a contract. I don't rate Gilmour either but willing to stand corrected if McCall can make a player of him.

Nothing much changes over on the Somerset Road website. The usual HP posters moaning about everything and anything. FFS give McCall a chance and trust who he thinks it's worthy of a contract. I don't rate Gilmour either but willing to stand corrected if McCall can make a player of him.

Was just going to say the same thing. Almost as though some of them revel in misery!

Was just going to say the same thing. Almost as though some of them revel in misery!

It's the only place Willie H feels he is in charge. Him and Robert Somerville are two miserable b*****ds tbh.

Surprised at Gilmour being offered a deal but I remember McCall saying in his first interview that he knew abut Gilmour!!!

Devlin is the key to next years team. Get him signed and more will follow

I couldn't give a flying what your midfield is like, I'm only interested in who will fit in to our title challenging team this season, I'll settle for the playoffs if we fail you'll accept mid table mediocrity if you fail in your aim of the top 4.

:1eye

Archived