Ayr United, what now 2015-16

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People seem to forget Preston's only 9 months older than Forrest and could have probably played under 20 this season gone. Moore and Preston were just developing a great understanding before Moores injury and it was just starting to re-emerge the last few games of the season. Put a midfielder who can play the ball through on the ground and these two together have the potential to make a mark this coming season. Just saying like

Would love to see him back at Somerset Park but I imagine Preston would be able to pick up a decent wage and full-time football closer to home with some jobbers from the Conference or whatever its called now.

I'd have taken Preston for another season. With him and Moore away we need 2/3 new strikers in, as McKenzie etc aren't the answer

I reckon Moore will return on loan for another season. Unless he is in McGhee's first team plans for next season it wouldn't hurt playing regular Championship football. I would take Preston as well because there is the makings on a partnership between him and Moore. We saw brief glimpses of it last season but due to Moore's injury it was either Caldwell, Stevo or Trouten that Preston would have to play with. None of them were as effective as Moore.

A deal with Preston will be dependant on whether Moffat makes a return as McCall will sign one or the other IMO. Don't think he would sign Moore, Preston and Moffat only to have one sit on the bench. Although either striker would be able partner Moore IMO.

If McKenzie's contract is up i don't think he will be given a new one. Nisbet might be a back up striker next year and McCall will probably sign another striker that doesn't command a high fee. He won't want to spend money on players unless they are playing almost every week.

Two of Moore, Moffat and Preston, plus some academy guy sitting on the bench, would be nowhere near enough, especially for the Championship.

Never said it would be enough, but can we afford to have a trio of Moffat, Moore and Preston ? Maybe if Motherwell paid Moore's wages but I don't know the details of that agreement. I presume we put something towards his wages.

Two of Moore, Moffat and Preston, plus some academy guy sitting on the bench, would be nowhere near enough, especially for the Championship.

Agreed if the team continued playing hoofball, play to Moores finishing skills and Prestons pace and build up play and things would be different. We' re one good midfielder away from a decent season and Moore grabbing 20+

I'd love to keep Moore and probably Preston too but we'd need another one or two. Even with Stevenson we were way too light with numbers up front after we released Caldwell.

Forget Stevenson, we need a 27/28 year old striker on loan from a premier club who is out of favour but got the experience and similar for midfield. We have raw pace and raw talent but that will be found out in the championship. Moore, Preston (if they return) and the midfield would benefit from a couple of wily loan signings and now we're in the championship we are a better attraction

Stevenson looked a passenger in League 1, so why's he suddenly going to be back to a superstar in the Championship?

For some reason people believe that a good pre season will turn him around. Unfortunately it's not fitness that's the issue, more to do with the fact that he can't run any more and he looks as though he couldn't give a shit.

Stevenson looked a passenger in League 1, so why's he suddenly going to be back to a superstar in the Championship?

Stevenson is undoubtedly a great talent and should be a stand out in midfield at championship level, but he is unfit and i doubt he still has enough hunger. Be great for him to prove me wrong because he would be perfect for us

For some reason people believe that a good pre season will turn him around. Unfortunately it's not fitness that's the issue, more to do with the fact that he can't run any more and he looks as though he couldn't give a shit.

I'd sadly have to agree with you there. Expected so much from him but he was a let down in every game I saw him play. The fact he was getting out jumped by players far smaller than him in almost every game told its own story, he couldn't be bothered.

Stevo scored a few spectacular goals, that is long range shots hit with power and on target. Other than that he offered little else. He was too heavy and lacking fitness when he returned and never used the chance he had tp improve. Did little in the final game against Stranraer. Keeping him could be a major blunder by McCall unless its on some sort of trial basis but I dont think Stevo would agree to that.

I'd sadly have to agree with you there. Expected so much from him but he was a let down in every game I saw him play. The fact he was getting out jumped by players far smaller than him in almost every game told its own story, he couldn't be bothered.

I would have been willing to make an exception if he had been scoring from 35 yards every game but in the Stranraer game he was a passenger and slowed the game down every time he got the ball. He was even failing to complete the simplest of passes. He obviously cares about the club and that's great but when he plays he couldn't be arsed. We are going into a league and competing with the likes of Hibs, Dundee Utd and hopefully Killie, we can only afford to take the players who are willing to give there best for the team. Hence why Trouten's poor attitude could see him booted out the door any day now.

It's been a blast Stevo but cheerio.

Archived