Ayr United, what now 2015-16

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shame to see Gerry go bit he wouldn't have been played much more. Was solid at the start of the season but did struggle with Pacey forwards and definitely didn't suit the play it out from the back style.

Think he'll definitely get another team in league 1.

I know big Ger got mixed reviews last season but I wouldn't mind seeing him pitch up at Stenny next year. Big lump of a boy, can header bricks all day.

Is that the ex-Brechin lad?

If so, I agree. He always struck me as one who could've made the step-up, but obviously not panned out that way.

If everyone re-signs surely we have too many midfielders.... Hopefully Wardrope can go out on loan to a league one side, then assume Donald will act as left back cover again. Don't see Forrest or Trouten starting so pointless having both of them, again we may have to look at possible loan options.... Forrest in particular needs games.

Gilmour

Donald

Crawford

Adams

Docherty

Wardrope

Forrest

Trouten

The problem with him was McCall always tried to play out from the defence which worked with Murphy and to certain extent Graham but thats foreign territory with Gerry who struggles to pass the ball to someone right in front of him. Would do well at Stenny though IMO.

The problem with Gerry is that he's pretty shit at defending, big problem for a defender.

The problem with Gerry is that he's pretty shit at defending, big problem for a defender.

His defending consists on diving into rash challenges and hoofing the ball up the park. Not the best.

If everyone re-signs surely we have too many midfielders.... Hopefully Wardrope can go out on loan to a league one side, then assume Donald will act as left back cover again. Don't see Forrest or Trouten starting so pointless having both of them, again we may have to look at possible loan options.... Forrest in particular needs games.

Gilmour

Donald

Crawford

Adams

Docherty

Wardrope

Forrest

Trouten

Of that list I'd hold on to Crawford, Adams, Docherty, Wardrope & Forrest.

Gives us cover in the middle of the park but we need to look for decent wide players.

He always struck me as one who could've made the step-up, but obviously not panned out that way.

It's worth noting that Chris Smith was a fan favourite at Ayr for his time in the First even though his talents literally began and ended with heading the ball. Passing, dribbling, tying his own shoelaces all unnecessary.

It's a weird fucking division. Ayr are seemingly the only seaside league stalwarts unable to crack the magic code of staying up for a season of late. Everyone else has done it largely with Ayr cast-offs, no less.

It's worth noting that Chris Smith was a fan favourite at Ayr for his time in the First even though his talents literally began and ended with heading the ball. Passing, dribbling, tying his own shoelaces all unnecessary.

Now there's one who certainly was limited in his array of talents.

Very good in the air and that's about it.

It's amazing how the 'run through a brick wall' attitude/style of play can give a player such popularity at a club, particularly in the divisions outside the SPL.

Surprised not more than Gerry, but then I imagine several of this years starters would become squad players if they stay. Dissapointed with Nisbet, obviously not developed well enough.

Nisbet has disappeared from the list on the club website.

I know big Ger got mixed reviews last season but I wouldn't mind seeing him pitch up at Stenny next year. Big lump of a boy, can header bricks all day.

Brilliant until January, horrible after that.

Archived