Ayr United, what now 2015-16

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doc is under contract next season.

Wish it were true but I'm sure it was only one year. Where did you hear anyway. Thought it was only Gerry, Boyle, Fleming, Crawford, Forrest, Wardrope and Trouten signed on.

Damn, thought it was a 2 year deal. Was it just Trouten, Gerry and Boyle that got the longer deal?

Fleming as well. I think Forrest, Crawford and Wardrope are all signed up as well

Think you would be best to stay part time.Is all your squad part time ?

A player at Ayr who works full time plays part time will make more money than most players in the Championship.

Queens last year tried to sign Kevin Crawley from Alloa but he signed for Dumbarton.

Said he could make more money working full time playing part time.

Great to have Ayr back great away day.

Who could we be looking to go for in the summer? Striker wise you have Moffat and Spence available that would be realistic targets. Defence, Frank McKeown released from Morton? I'm sure McCall will have his targets all sorted out.

Fancy Devlin, Doc, Preston, Graham, Fleming all to re-sign and join under contract players like Gilly? Donald? Crawford, Forrest, Boyle. Would like Murphy to stay, maybe not as a constant starter, but for the squad, cracking guy. Could see McCrorie coming back with maybe Moore.

Hoping we can get a good few decent pre season games also.

Who could we be looking to go for in the summer? Striker wise you have Moffat and Spence available that would be realistic targets. Defence, Frank McKeown released from Morton? I'm sure McCall will have his targets all sorted out.

Fancy Devlin, Doc, Preston, Graham, Fleming all to re-sign and join under contract players like Gilly? Donald? Crawford, Forrest, Boyle. Would like Murphy to stay, maybe not as a constant starter, but for the squad, cracking guy. Could see McCrorie coming back with maybe Moore.

Hoping we can get a good few decent pre season games also.

ffs Callum, you've named 13 of this seasons players, this years team are nowhere near good enough for the Championship,I'd prefer to keep a few and make a serious stab at staying up.

ffs Callum, you've named 13 of this seasons players, this years team are nowhere near good enough for the Championship,I'd prefer to keep a few and make a serious stab at staying up.

I don't think they'll all stay, but out of the squad we have, they'd be the ones I'd keep. I'm not 100% if Gilly and Donald are signed up, however if Donald isn't I don't think he'll stay. Murphy will probably be off, reckon he'll end up at Annan. Think big Greg has earned another go next year. If Graham is upto it you can see him staying. Boyle is signed up and I wouldn't like to see Devlin go.

McLauchlan will be off and I expect Trouten to leave by mutual consent and I think Stevenson will be gone.

If I was Gerry/Trouten I'd be staying and seeing out my contract! They are probably on reasonable money so no need to leave in their minds.

I hope we can keep Moore as his absence was pretty glaring yesterday.

What a day yesterday. Pish performance but who cares. We are going up.

The scenes in the Somerset road end when big Andy graham stuck the penalty away will live long in the memory. Great seeing such a big crowd.

C'mon Ayr!

Fleming

Devlin

Boyle

Doc

Crawford

Moore

Forrest

Adams

We need to buy a good few

Promoted teams have tended to underestimate just how much they need to strengthen to have a decent chance of staying up. Next season is a bigger one than this - as it is vital we stop being a yo-yo team. Going to be tough so some hard nosed decision making is required.

Fleming, Devlin and Boyle I would totally agree with keeping as starters. Will realistically need a whole new central defense although Murphy/Graham maybe third/forth choices.

Midfield we need most I suspect. Doc is the only shoe-in. Think Trouts is on a two year as is Forrest - I think they could do well on some of the better more expansive surfaces we'll find in the Championships so probably keep in the squad although not necessarily starters. Otherwise I'm afraid a total clear out, although it seems from what McCall said in his post match interview we may be keeping Robbie too - he will certainly need to improve if he is going to earn a regular starting place.

Up front, if we can get Moore I would sign him but otherwise I think we need to look for more quality. Preston maybe third or forth choice striker - he needs a top quality partner to shine and struggles to carry the forward line on his shoulders. 

Sounds harsh I know, and I love what the squad as done this season to get out of this League, but McCall will need to take the rose-tinted post-party spectacles off when it comes to who he signs. He has got most things right so far so I trust he has he plans already in place and know what he needs. Key season coming up - 'mon Ayr! In McCall we trust.

Agreed with most of what has been said, Fleming, Devlin, Boyle, Doc and Moore (probably will be released by Motherwell, hopefully) as the only starters from this years team in next years starting 11, Murphy, Graham, Adams, Crawford, Forrest, Gilmor and Preston would keep as squad players although whether they stay or go is not critical.

What is is getting 2 new centre halfs, 3 across midfield and another sticker as a minimum plus more to fill the squad with cover for right and left back, actual wide midfielders rather than sticking centre mids out wide and we need people capable of scoring at Championship level, im sure Moore will, if we can get him, but will need more options

big summer ahead. Hope McCalls already looking at a few players. Definitely need a couple of wingers for next season. Would like to see Moore, mccrorie and Preston back next season. Important to have a bigger squad next season. If we have a similar injury crisis like this season. Will be even harder to get through next year

Archived