Ayr United, what now 2015-16

Think Boyle is the same injury as before. As much as I hate to say it signing Stevenston could be a waste of time if his wages could be better spent on two or three others right now. Really need cover for Boyle and a tough tackling midfielder. Without players like Adams, Boyle and Docherty who tackle, provide shape and defensive cover we play more like a Roberts team. Stevenston ain't really going to shine until we have a solid team on the pitch.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Murphy out to left back as a sitting left back (limited full back for football manager fans)

This is essentially the job he does as LCB anyway, as he drifts out to the byline and hoofs it (skill to some)

Example

post-21687-1453400753196_thumb.jpg

Always liked the look of that lad Ballantyne from the under 20s. Natural left back with pace, reminds me of Devlin when he's bombing forward and overlapping. However don't know if he'd be ready for first team. Then again, there is only one way to find out.

I think it's (self) important to take into consideration my resistance to Murphy being involved.

If you had to choose one to play CB between him and Graham surely you would take man mountain Andy Graham over weak tackles.

Murphy drifts out to the byline to hoof it up the park, this temporary measure at least means we have cover if it comes back.

Muir would get abused from all the evidence ice seen so far, he needs serious gym time if he is to play first team

Ross Caldwell and Devlin are only fourteen months older than Muir, Crawford is only six months older. Muir isn't exactly young, to be brutally honest I can't see a pro future for him.

I would rather play Mcracken left back, just for the pace issue. A midfield three of Donald, Crawford (if fit) and Stevo would have to sit deep to protect that defence. I would give Wardrope a chance tbh.

No news out of Somerset tonight about signings?

I think we need to play 2-3 out of the u20 team, Moore might be an option in midfield as he is quite physical but other than that the team will almost pick its self unfortunately

Cameron played Moore left-mid once. Total disaster.

Archived