Ayr United, what now 2015-16

You would think we could cover the problem areas and get this on

That's too sensible! Really annoys me how junior teams like Talbot can cover their pitch to get games in yet Ayr know all about that problem area under the main stand and do nothing about it. Too many games have been cancelled for that very reason

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From a selfish perspective a postponement would be ideal, but I reckon it would benefit us massively injury and signings wise. However even if we were to only get 2 or 3 back, I'd be hopefull of a win.

Like what McCall said that they owed the fans one, the supports at Stranraer and Cowdenbeath were great, the performances not so. Hopefully starting Saturday we see a revival, maybe even another 14 unbeaten?

The cost of the one/two rearranged fixtures we normally have a year because of frost probably outweighs the cost of buying protection.

Thursday training is normally a good night for contract news from Somerset

A big club like Ayr doesn't have covers? Even we have covers for our pitch.

It's frost we have a problem with rather than snow, the section of grass at the main stand doesn't get much sunlight so if there is a hard frost it traditionally wont be soft enough to play on on match days.

It would have to be heated covers

They're called frost covers. Does that give you a clue what they're for?

They're called frost covers. Does that give you a clue what they're for?

if there has been a frost all week, do you leave the covers on all week and kill the grass ? Magic suggestion

If they don't apply heat then they won't thaw the ground underneath, they only work if there is a frost the night before a match and they are put down the day before......sometimes.

The chairman answered this last year or the year before when a game was called off

if there has been a frost all week, do you leave the covers on all week and kill the grass ? Magic suggestion

If they don't apply heat then they won't thaw the ground underneath, they only work if there is a frost the night before a match and they are put down the day before......sometimes.

The chairman answered this last year or the year before when a game was called off

Not sure who's the bigger idiot, your chairman for saying this or you for believing him.

That's Jamie signed up till the end of the season "and hopefully beyond"

Great signing him up for another 5 months, providing he stays fit obviously

If he was 100% I think he would have moved to a Championship club but I have a feeling the 6 month deal suits both parties

Great signing him up for another 5 months, providing he stays fit obviously

If he was 100% I think he would have moved to a Championship club but I have a feeling the 6 month deal suits both parties

He has a lot of appreciation for McCall for giving him the opportunity back in senior football. As long as McCall wants him, I reckon he'll be here.

Caldwell is a strange one - don't think he's as good as Moore or Preston and McCall obviously had him 3rd choice as well, but with Prestons deal not yet extended and serious doubts about Moores fitness then it's a big risk letting him go, especially as his scoring record was pretty good for the amount of game time he got

Archived