Arbroath Vs. QP-Play-Offs

I want to make fun of the Clyde rockets that have posted in here tonight, but they are incredibly correct. Tonight was a QP bottle job.

Our plan seemed to be to punt it to Carter and hope for the best. We never deviated from that, even when we were 2-0 and Arbroath were rightly down to 10 men after a shocking tackle on Burns. They got a goal back just before half time, then outplayed us the entire second half where it seemed both teams would take 2-1, before a mistake by Quinn let Murray in for the equalizer.

There was many a debate on the bus home about whether this was a good result or not, and yes we would have taken a draw before the game, but IMO we have not just missed an opportunity to put this tie to bed early, but have given Arbroath the upper hand by letting them back into the game like we did. Not confident about Saturday.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I want to make fun of the Clyde rockets that have posted in here tonight, but they are incredibly correct. Tonight was a QP bottle job.

Our plan seemed to be to punt it to Carter and hope for the best. We never deviated from that, even when we were 2-0 and Arbroath were rightly down to 10 men after a shocking tackle on Burns. They got a goal back just before half time, then outplayed us the entire second half where it seemed both teams would take 2-1, before a mistake by Quinn let Murray in for the equalizer.

There was many a debate on the bus home about whether this was a good result or not, and yes we would have taken a draw before the game, but IMO we have not just missed an opportunity to put this tie to bed early, but have given Arbroath the upper hand by letting them back into the game like we did. Not confident about Saturday.

well said. Some Arbroath fans have defended McWalters challenge but it was a clear red in this day and age. Thought you were very unlucky with the equaliser as a goal, nutmegged the defender and then forced its way through the once again impressive muir. Muir was absolutely seething when someone threw the missing ball at him though :lol: I'm also not confident for Saturday, so that makes two of us then haha.

Murray in the second half was back to his best, some of the runs he went on were fantastic, played up there for the whole 90 by himself, beast of a performance

Overall still buzzing with that last night, thought the season was over after half an hour so great to be back in it

I'm not confident about Saturday either, don't think you'll find anybody who is!

Canna wait for it, 10.28 train Saturday, c'mon, where's QPs social club these days??

what will be will be,good luck to both teams,we will not and should not play the long ball cuts out our creative players attacking like we can. we will have forgotten our error in tactics,on saturday,social club is at lesser hampden 1320litchie

what will be will be,good luck to both teams,we will not and should not play the long ball cuts out our creative players attacking like we can. we will have forgotten our error in tactics,on saturday,social club is at lesser hampden 1320litchie

Is that still going? I heard it had closed?

ITS FUCKING LICHTIE!!

A Litchie isn't even a thing!!! :o:P:lol:

Cheers

Is that still going? I heard it had closed?

It’s the other side from where the old one was. Letherby Drive

Last night kind of summed up our whole season. Great in the first half, all over Arbroath. Got the ball down passed it, dominated the midfield (helped by the sending off of course) Fine header from Wharton and a well worked second goal, terrific ball from Burns. Our defence then totally switched off to let Murray nip in. Second half we panicked, every time we got the ball we launched it and gave Arbroath possession far too cheaply. Woods must have been the most frustrated player on the park as he hardly got a pass...but Arbroath played very well in the second it has to be said. Could have won it but for a great Muir save

everyone frustrated why play like that they are one of the best defences in league,they panicked,need more confidence for sat,luckily we got goals early doors, still confident we can win 2nd leg,but have to play like their life depends on it, same team again but would have played mcelroy before mcpherson,and would have taken fraser off to save him getting 2nd yellow,passionate player who does not give up,so gus did change him,would have used the other subs to settle and freshen up a bit,gutted but we were heading for worse,but muir saved our blushes.

back to basics on saturday,only a win for me,as we deserve it,long hard season and potencial 39 games is a far cry from what most of players are used too(22) i expect a win at the most perfect stadium.

Never liked Fife either, skappy shit club if it was up to me I'd stick Yous in the lowland league, hilly billy inbreed supporters definitely the ugliest fans in the league with Albion Rovers close behind Yous.

Clyde fans continuing to win hearts and minds....

We could have been out of sight by half time, but the loss of the first goal did what goals near half time are said to do and Arbroath certainly kicked up a gear in the second half. That said, we defended really well, and defending is part of the game too. We resorted to trying to find Carter, who was superb is has to be said, and maybe on the wide open spaces of Hampden, we'll get back to playing through the midfield. Berry looked sharper last night and the extra width will benefit Rooney. Thankfully he survived another early Nicholl attempt to do him. I'd also expect to see a fair bit of McElroy on Saturday; 30 minutes to go and I'm sure he'll cause all sorts of problems.

We'd definitely have taken a draw before the game, so I'm quite happy. Hopefully the additional effort of the Arbroath guys (between last Saturday and last night) will play to our advantage this weekend. Bring it on!

Tremendous scenes in Mount Florida last night as the southside’s finest swept aside their opponents. Hopefully more of the same tomorrow. Whatever happens my heart is sure to explode by the end of it all

Tremendous scenes in Mount Florida last night as the southside’s finest swept aside their opponents. Hopefully more of the same tomorrow. Whatever happens my heart is sure to explode by the end of it all

Pffft Arbroath fucking pumpt them last night to mate

As for the highlights, there's only flashes of Linn in there but fucking brilliant. That shot that hit the bar, that save he made the keeper make, that run before putting Murray away.

What a fucking guy

Archived