Clyde FC 2015/16 Thread

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wow one player in the last what 10 to 15 years tell you what if you do want to run a youth system then look at the one set up by Mcdonald at Hamilton.

ours was a complete waste of time and money oh and by the way if you the remit of the chairman this is one of his areas of responsibility

Queen's Park, like Clyde and any club not involved in this costly Elite carry-on being foisted on Scottish football by the SFA, are also suffering. Any pish that the SFA spout about supporting community football is exactly that; they are not supporting their words with cash - quite the opposite. Arbroath is another example of an excellent youth system being almost scrapped because of the current changes.

Dare I suggest it, but perhaps Clyde could co-operate with the Colts formally to give their players a place to go once they stop being Colts, irrespective of the Colts' place in the Lowland League? Could be a win-win situation.

To be fair, i don't think we're in a position to have anyone as a feeder club, except maybe Ayr or Dumbarton. I doubt anyone involved with the Colts either want or need involvement with Clyde....and even if they did, we should take nothing to do with any of it. Sorry if it sounds like pulling the ladder up, but thats the reality....im sure somewhere along the line, they will have done the same to another.

Queen's Park, like Clyde and any club not involved in this costly Elite carry-on being foisted on Scottish football by the SFA, are also suffering. Any pish that the SFA spout about supporting community football is exactly that; they are not supporting their words with cash - quite the opposite. Arbroath is another example of an excellent youth system being almost scrapped because of the current changes.

Dare I suggest it, but perhaps Clyde could co-operate with the Colts formally to give their players a place to go once they stop being Colts, irrespective of the Colts' place in the Lowland League? Could be a win-win situation.

Why would we fill our squad with Colts' cast offs?

Why would we fill our squad with Colts' cast offs?

I was giving you the benefit of the doubt and seeing Clyde as being a way of progression for Colts players. And anyway, one man's cast-off (Andrew Robertson) is another man's future Scotland internationalist.

almost?ours is completely gone.

Archived