Clyde FC 2015/16 Thread

LMAO!

1320, Duffy could do no wrong despite us being rotten under him and he was a proven manager. Just think it's harsh that Ferguson (first proper managerial job) seems to be getting tonnes of criticism. Last season was always going to be a transitional season for us and as pointed out above he has got us to the play off final in his second season and ultimately fell just short.

I'm no having a dig but from what I've seen of Clyde, admittedly only 5 games or so, under him they're just a total gang. Some good players in there but Ferguson seems clueless as to how to set them up like a decent football team. You have grinded out results so fair play but I think he could do better with the guys that are there.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

John gemmell asked me to put this message up for the Clyde fans

If your on any forums or anything can you post that I'm sorry I couldn't do more today and that I have loved every minute of playing for Clyde. The fans have been the best I've been with and thank you for your support

If your on any forums or anything can you post that I'm sorry I couldn't do more today and that I have loved every minute of playing for Clyde. The fans have been the best I've been with and thank you for your support

Good guy John Gemmell - if that's him away I'll miss him.

So what do you read into that then???

I liked gemmil, but feel if he spent more time winning a header or controlling a ball rather than crowd adulation we could have been better off

I understand what you're saying, I think it's safe to say we didn't get the best out of John and I don't think he was ever quite fully fit during his time at Clyde but it was nice to have a guy who genuinely did seem to really enjoy playing for the club. He also bagged 4 goals for us, and won us two penalties which, in my opinion, wasn't too bad for a guy who missed a good five or six games for one reason or another.

I liked gemmil, but feel if he spent more time winning a header or controlling a ball rather than crowd adulation we could have been better off

If he had more players providing crosses into the box for him then we would have got more out of him. A penalty box player that we did not utilise effectively. Goal scorers are hard to find so from that point of view sorry to see him go.

Good luck to the big man. We didn't quite get the best out of him, what with some niggling injuries and not playing to his strengths but I absolutely can't fault his effort. Utilised properly the big man still has plenty of goals and assists him, unfortunately I think we will be keeping the wrong forward(s).

Can't believe people think BF not due criticism , he's used almost 70 players in 2 seasons and still hasn't got Clyde playing any football.

A classic case of a top player who can't deal with players of less talent.

Was going to say he should play himself but he'd only end up with a sore neck watching the ball getting launched over his head. Be better off with Bob playing , he can launch the ball back to front

Can't believe people think BF not due criticism , he's used almost 70 players in 2 seasons and still hasn't got Clyde playing any football.

A classic case of a top player who can't deal with players of less talent.

Was going to say he should play himself but he'd only end up with a sore neck watching the ball getting launched over his head. Be better off with Bob playing , he can launch the ball back to front

Big John re-joining Albion Rovers for pre-season I'm hearing.

Good luck to the guy and with a proper pre season under his belt with us, who knows what could've happened next year...

Gemmell and the Rovers are a perfect fit. Never been as good anywhere else as he was there.

Can't wait until this goes tits up. The hope fades and then the focus turns on who to blame. Barry Ferguson? John Alexander? North Lanarkshire Council? Each other? Cannot wait.

tumblr_mw1ssfBtOA1sgl0ajo1_500.gif

post-3846-0-50498200-1463322913_thumb.jp

Archived