Clyde FC 2015/16 Thread

Not all Clyde fans are happy with this move to Shettleston. Not all fans believe the bull shit about the majority are behind this move. The clubs board and their foot soldiers portray this. This move is a total downgrade of the club. If the club bothered to ask all the fan base they may find out the truth. How the board can state the majority are behind this move, when they haven't even asked the fan base on their thoughts. The clubs fan base is a lot greater than just CIC owners. The board can't even tell if the majority of the owners are behind it never mind the rest of the fans. The reason why they haven't even asked the owners. What a great way to treat your customers.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry not posting on here... It shouldnt becoming public knowledge until hopefully signed n sealed. Then the public will know

But by then it's a done deal. Sounds very undemocratic. Some fans who don't have your level of information might wonder if the club has to make this move as it has run out of options, regardless of the consequences.

But by then it's a done deal. Sounds very undemocratic. Some fans who don't have your level of information might wonder if the club has to make this move as it has run out of options, regardless of the consequences.

If you have no idea how the club is run or what decisions have been made previously by the CIC then there is little point in speculating.

I'm not a CIC member or well informed yet I am aware of what is happening to the club and it's rough plans for the future. Releasing details to all and sundry of negotiations is not how business is done. I refer to the above CIC involvement in how this deal is being progressed without the need for continual voting or approval.

I'm all for democracy and being open but when the club has a mandate to negotiate then why do people expect a wealth of information when a deal is still being structured. There is a time for confidentiality and it happens to be now.

I don't know any details but the obvious explanation would be something like...

Splits the costs of any bills, stadium improvements paid for or at least split with Clyde, more use of social club and added revenue streams with sponsorship etc.

Bit of logical thinking goes a long way.

Obvious. Logical. Let's consider that shall we?

There's a You Tube clip showing a Town fan walking round Greenfield. It's Obvious from the movie that most of the ground is in a condition that wouldn't be acceptable to the SPFL. SJFC have redeveloped one end of the stadium which incorporates the social club and changing facilities. As they play all their home fixtures with these facilities it would be Logical to conclude that this is acceptable to their Superleague and therefore they don't NEED to improve their facility further. So for Clyde to play there the only one of these two teams who MUST improve the facility would be Clyde and Logically then it will be Clyde who have to pay for that.

But where's the money for that? You have no assets to sell. You have no shares to sell or float. The proudly announced 'no debt' policy is more likely to lead to higher loan rates which fluctuate based on a track record of debt settlement capability. And what would you have in return? Surely SJFC won't give up their assets, unless of course they are close to financial ruin also. Seems an illogical move.

As for the Great Myth that it's a homecoming to Glasgow's East End? Clyde left the East End when their lease was up at the first ground, Barrowfield Park. They lost the ground but could still have stayed in the east but went south of the river because a bigger club had started up in 1888 and their success was stealing the crowds from Barrowfield. Quite how do Clyde hope to build a support in an area that 's a few bus stops away from Parkhead Cross? Nothing obvious about that at all.

Looks like SJFC are holding all the aces. Time will tell who's got the best poker face. Happy New Year.

There's a You Tube clip showing a Town fan walking round Greenfield. It's Obvious from the movie that most of the ground is in a condition that wouldn't be acceptable to the SPFL. SJFC have redeveloped one end of the stadium which incorporates the social club and changing facilities. As they play all their home fixtures with these facilities it would be Logical to conclude that this is acceptable to their Superleague and therefore they don't NEED to improve their facility further. So for Clyde to play there the only one of these two teams who MUST improve the facility would be Clyde and Logically then it will be Clyde who have to pay for that.

But where's the money for that? You have no assets to sell. You have no shares to sell or float. The proudly announced 'no debt' policy is more likely to lead to higher loan rates which fluctuate based on a track record of debt settlement capability. And what would you have in return? Surely SJFC won't give up their assets, unless of course they are close to financial ruin also. Seems an illogical move.

As for the Great Myth that it's a homecoming to Glasgow's East End? Clyde left the East End when their lease was up at the first ground, Barrowfield Park. They lost the ground but could still have stayed in the east but went south of the river because a bigger club had started up in 1888 and their success was stealing the crowds from Barrowfield. Quite how do Clyde hope to build a support in an area that 's a few bus stops away from Parkhead Cross? Nothing obvious about that at all.

Looks like SJFC are holding all the aces. Time will tell who's got the best poker face. Happy New Year.

Funny, you asked what's in it for Shettleston and you have quickly changed to what's in it for Clyde to make some sort of point or argument. Obsessed much?

Cheers for the free history lesson as well, have you donated to Wikipedia yet?

For someone who has no knowledge of the clubs finances and potential capital then perhaps making assumptions isn't the wisest thing to do. Just because something isn't a NEED doesn't make it desirable or wanted. Perhaps it does seem an illogical move, when looked at with zero research or know how.

What great myth? Apart from your not very accurate synopsis of our fan base you forget that being back in the right area of Glasgow is itself a bonus. I won't bother explaining why, I'll give you a chance to research your obsession with us further.

How far is Shettleston from Hampden in a car, 10-15 mins? A few QP locals might fancy watching a game where they can sit within 100 metres of the pitch eh?

best forget about the move then seeing as you clearly think it is a waste of time

My understanding is both clubs will redevelop ground. Shettleston plans have been put on hold since Clyde got involved in talks re possible move. Funding will be sourced by both clubs , both of whom will be able jointly or severally access grants. I'm sure Shettleston will be using their well attended kids soccer school, which my kids attend , to access funds. I would imagine this move by both clubs would be supported by footballs ruling bodies and Glasgow City council who would I'm sure like to see Clyde back in Glasgow. I for one and I know there are many others look forward to attending Clyde and Shettleston home games on alternate weeks. Not being privvy to your better knowledge of Clydes affairs can you tell me what other options you have and what one is better than the proposed move to Shettleston and why?? Finally if you have any questions re the move why don't you attend the Shettleston v Kilbirnie match as is being suggested by your fellow supporters and speak to the Shettleston boss after the match. He's always in social club after matches maybe put your minds at ease. Or why don't one of you ask him to do a question and answer spot on here I know he did this some years back on junior forum. If enough of you are interested I could ask him tomorrow at vale of Clyde / Shettleston friendly??

My understanding is both clubs will redevelop ground. Shettleston plans have been put on hold since Clyde got involved in talks re possible move. Funding will be sourced by both clubs , both of whom will be able jointly or severally access grants. I'm sure Shettleston will be using their well attended kids soccer school, which my kids attend , to access funds. I would imagine this move by both clubs would be supported by footballs ruling bodies and Glasgow City council who would I'm sure like to see Clyde back in Glasgow. I for one and I know there are many others look forward to attending Clyde and Shettleston home games on alternate weeks. Not being privvy to your better knowledge of Clydes affairs can you tell me what other options you have and what one is better than the proposed move to Shettleston and why?? Finally if you have any questions re the move why don't you attend the Shettleston v Kilbirnie match as is being suggested by your fellow supporters and speak to the Shettleston boss after the match. He's always in social club after matches maybe put your minds at ease. Or why don't one of you ask him to do a question and answer spot on here I know he did this some years back on junior forum. If enough of you are interested I could ask him tomorrow at vale of Clyde / Shettleston friendly??

Thank you, Town. Excellent and constructive contribution from you.

I think that your suggestion at the bottom would be good by I have two concerns: perhaps the man in charge at Shettleston may be restricted in what he can say and secondly, the greater number of my fellow Clyde supporters on the forum would have to vastly improve their grammar and language for it to be worth your man's time.

Regards,

PotC.

Thank you, Town. Excellent and constructive contribution from you.

I think that your suggestion at the bottom would be good by I have two concerns: perhaps the man in charge at Shettleston may be restricted in what he can say and secondly, the greater number of my fellow Clyde supporters on the forum would have to vastly improve their grammar and language for it to be worth your man's time.

Regards,

PotC.

Why are you pretending you are a Clyde fan?

think the question and answer would be a great idea but doubt it would happen the ek was shrouded in secrecy as is this one personally I don't see any problems with the chairman and the shettleston owner having a joint information night they don't have to tell you the full financial details simply how the partnership would work I think that would make it clear what the plan is or both clubs

as said won't happen

but good post

I think their will be a good clyde turnout from people ive spoken to so far. Both clubs should consider a joint Season ticket idea aswell for the future for followers of both clubs who maybe cant manage every away game when either shettleston/Clyde away from home[/quote

After this afternoon's performance, we might be better going to watch Shettleston every game!

In relation to previous post, Next Sat game at Shettleston:

£3 entry (Normally £6 i believe) £2 a pint at the bar and a free buffet after the match. Hugh Kelly will also make sure he's around after the match to answer any questions...

Hope as many clyde supporters can show and make themselves known to support our propsed ground move

£3 entry (Normally £6 i believe) £2 a pint at the bar and a free buffet after the match. Hugh Kelly will also make sure he's around after the match to answer any questions...

Hope as many clyde supporters can show and make themselves known to support our propsed ground move

won't make it but would be interested to hear his views on the move good on him if he is willing to speak to fans

Sorry not posting on here... It shouldnt becoming public knowledge until hopefully signed n sealed. Then the public will know

So the Clyde negotiating team can't speak in public but the Shettleston boss can? How peculiar.

Seems more and more SSB that your idea of a good deal for Clyde FC is drinking before and after games, local public transport and a free buffet. Nothing wrong with any of that as a bonus but it's not much of a business plan to take to the bank. You wouldn't happen to live in the east end of Glasgow by chance?

I sincerely hope Mr Alexander and his team show a bit more diligence with their assessment. If they get this move wrong you could be drinking at the Last Chance saloon.

Archived