Clyde FC 2015/16 Thread

my understanding is that the last vote only removed the name change didn't remove the authority to relocate

it's what the majority of owners want

Your not a member. How do you know...

Again careful what you wish for here lads. Could easily end up with nothing....

This deal i firmly believe is fantastic for club and dont believe for a min we would get elsewhere...

No matter where we go, What board do their always seems to be (Same) fans issues how i believe are the minority, Got to wonder though and their constant negativity could VERY damaging..

The Shettleston area will bring in a lot of locals im certain and bring lot of old clyde fans back, The "Glens" for anyone who doesnt know is certainly not in a nicer area than shettleston (Trust me on that aswell) if thats some of the minoritys concerns...

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your not a member. How do you know...

Again careful what you wish for here lads. Could easily end up with nothing....

This deal i firmly believe is fantastic for club and dont believe for a min we would get elsewhere...

No matter where we go, What board do their always seems to be (Same) fans issues how i believe are the minority, Got to wonder though and their constant negativity could VERY damaging..

The Shettleston area will bring in a lot of locals im certain and bring lot of old clyde fans back, The "Glens" for anyone who doesnt know is certainly not in a nicer area than shettleston (Trust me on that aswell) if thats some of the minoritys concerns...

at the last meeting I was at in June the board said there was no need to vote on the move as they had a mandate and the meeting agreed with them

as a fans owned club then if fans have a concern then they should be able to voice it I have stated before I'm quite happy with shettleston and if the deal is good then let's go for it

only thing I would say is that the exact same things were said 2 1/2 years ago about EK and look how that turned out

Y would folk go behind the clubs back?

The board/chairman made a total arse o the EK move, can u honestly blame people for trying? The glens board dont have a problem with the clyde board, they have a problem with our chairman. The life long supporters who stay away (sorry the ones i know) dont have a problem with the clyde board, they have a problem with our chairman. Can anyone honestly be annoyed that people just dont trust the chairman to deliver. Its a shame that we have such a small support, someone like john fkn alexander should be nowhere near a clyde office, well not unless he had a cloth or a hoover in his hand,

The board/chairman made a total arse o the EK move, can u honestly blame people for trying? The glens board dont have a problem with the clyde board, they have a problem with our chairman. The life long supporters who stay away (sorry the ones i know) dont have a problem with the clyde board, they have a problem with our chairman. Can anyone honestly be annoyed that people just dont trust the chairman to deliver. Its a shame that we have such a small support, someone like john fkn alexander should be nowhere near a clyde office, well not unless he had a cloth or a hoover in his hand,

He made it clear on a few occasions on Monday that if someone or a group were able to come to the board with a potential move that will allow the club to move from Broadwood and not be in the same position that we are at the moment where we are spending almost a six figure sum more than other clubs for just playing at a ground and having all sorts of outgoings that other teams don't have.

Shawfield Shed Boy- I'm a member and couldn't make the meeting on Monday. I have asked the board for the finer details of the proposed move to Shettleston and haven't had a reply. Please in lighting me of this great deal. I'm not expecting you to post it on hear. PM me please

there's a lot that had been forgotten or historically revised

anyway thanks for clarifying there will be no vote

I'm curious as to when this happened. As has been pointed out the resolution which passed (and has not been removed) gave authority to relocate to "a location of the board's choice in or around East Kilbride". Not sure why they would have had a vote on it if they already had authority, so I assume the authority to move anywhere was given later. Does anyone know when? Genuine question...

Sorry, but the life long supporters (the ones you know) who are staying away, are doing the Club no favours by letting their opinion of the Chairman get in the way of them supporting their Club.

I have no strong feelings about the Chairman and/or the Board other than appreciation for the thankless effort they put in to keep our Club going.

The Club must always come first to true supporters, other issues need to be taken forward using the correct processes which are available.

Unity is the name of the game right now..

Sorry, but the life long supporters (the ones you know) who are staying away, are doing the Club no favours by letting their opinion of the Chairman get in the way of them supporting their Club.

I have no strong feelings about the Chairman and/or the Board other than appreciation for the thankless effort they put in to keep our Club going.

The Club must always come first to true supporters, other issues need to be taken forward using the correct processes which are available.

the good old "true supporters" quote trotted out are the the same as "real supporters"?

the good old "true supporters" quote trotted out are the the same as "real supporters"?

True supporters, real supporters, lifelong supporters - whatever!

The clue is in the name - supporter!

If you are staying away, you cease being a supporter and become a fan IMHO.

However, that's pedantic.

Why doesn't everybody get off their high horses and get their bums back on seats for the common good.

As I understand it, the chairman said on Monday that they were given a verbal mandate by the owners who attended last year's AGM regarding a new ground but it wasn't legally binding as that would require a certain percentage of the CIC to have a formal vote on it?

well it's your choice hope you come back when he steps down in the summer

Yea u are right. guys who have supported the team home/away for 50 odd years took the easy decision to stop going. Ohh and thank for explaining what a true supporter is. Blah Blah fkn Blah

well it's your choice hope you come back when he steps down in the summer

Ok im betting a pound that chairman A only ever steps down when he accepts the same/similar position within the new (still to be formed) stadium company.

The wee joke figure is never gonna walk away.

Well well well, we have the usual fuckin suspects back out again. Not interested in what is happening on the fitbaw park judging by their lack of activity in the game threads, maybe this is because their anti-barry agenda is failing?? So it's back to slamming the board and chairman again. What's also upsetting is some of these c***s are quite happy to tell people they no longer go to the games therefore starving the club of an income and feel they have the right to moan when the team are doing shite??

Well, all I can say to you lot is Go f**k yourselves, Support the Team Or f**k Off... STOFO!

If that was aimed in my direction then f**k off yerself ya clown, i go 2 all games and adjust work patterns accordingly. Anyone can pick or choose to go no matter the situation n some fud telling them to go fuk themselves aint gonna change that. And my opinion o barry ferguson the person is that he is a fkn w****r, but that wouldnt stop me wanting barry ferguson the manager of cyde doing a great job

Well well well, we have the usual fuckin suspects back out again. Not interested in what is happening on the fitbaw park judging by their lack of activity in the game threads, maybe this is because their anti-barry agenda is failing?? So it's back to slamming the board and chairman again. What's also upsetting is some of these c***s are quite happy to tell people they no longer go to the games therefore starving the club of an income and feel they have the right to moan when the team are doing shite??

Well, all I can say to you lot is Go f**k yourselves, Support the Team Or f**k Off... STOFO!

Exactly..

Always confuses me why the people who choose they Dont want to go to games (Their choice) and Dont give club money (Any business requires) but are first to be heard when club having to move to survive whether that be EK or Shetto .... Complete imbalance, No money through door no business can survive from a cafe to Clyde FC ....

Let me re mind everyone who wasnt there Mon night. Club needs a ground that provides a business model , Shettleston does that , We could play in any patch of ground from easterhouse to EK but if we cant run the club like a business like every other club from selling pies to pouring pints we wont survive and would be aswell staying at broadwood which i believe will kill us eventually...

No other location club was offered or viewed previously allows us to play the game and allow us to generate income so please directors get on with job in hand, Clearly several have got their own personal agenda from manager to chairman & they dont speak for the support, I call them the Minority

Archived