Clyde FC 2015/16 Thread

Not really. Couple of "fans" had chat with glencairn behind clubs back. JA asked what was the offer on table for supporter to advise "Nothing" Very informal chat it seems with no substance.

Going on what glencairn were offering us (No use of social club. Catering. Advertisement) Compared to Shettleston which is almost to go to be true and a few still dont want to go there which i gen feel is because they werent their last night and privy to some of the info we were given..

Please trust me. The offer and business model we could get at shettleston is too good to be true. FFS stop bickering and realise if its New Shetto or New York. Where ever board willing to take us for the good of the club...

Good chance H Kelly reads this and we need to be all behind his and our club plans...

If not im very concerned if doesnt happen and i would say the same if the Glens were offering the same deal which they aint...

Guys at shettleston are working with us any many ways from finance to Match day priority, Cant say others done the same or anywhere close and please dont allow your personal feelings to ruin clubs future...!!

to be honest it will be the deal that suites the owners of shettleston that will swing the completion which is fair enough as they own the ground

I doubt if its a good financial deal for them what is written on here would have no material effect on them finalising the deal.

as long as the stadium is in an urban setting (close to our roots ) Im not really fussed as long as its good for the club

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not really. Couple of "fans" had chat with glencairn behind clubs back. JA asked what was the offer on table for supporter to advise "Nothing" Very informal chat it seems with no substance.

Going on what glencairn were offering us (No use of social club. Catering. Advertisement) Compared to Shettleston which is almost to go to be true and a few still dont want to go there which i gen feel is because they werent their last night and privy to some of the info we were given..

Please trust me. The offer and business model we could get at shettleston is too good to be true. FFS stop bickering and realise if its New Shetto or New York. Where ever board willing to take us for the good of the club...

Good chance H Kelly reads this and we need to be all behind his and our club plans...

If not im very concerned if doesnt happen and i would say the same if the Glens were offering the same deal which they aint...

Guys at shettleston are working with us any many ways from finance to Match day priority, Cant say others done the same or anywhere close and please dont allow your personal feelings to ruin clubs future...!!

on a lighter note you know the saying if it seems to good to be true it probably is :lol:

Barry mentioned massive difference in atmosphere at broadwood recently and players responding to great support....

He thinks Scott Ferrguson should stay another season after May and he says young Scott loves it at club..

BF also worried a few players could sign pre contracts in Jan elsewhere and he has sat down with chairman recently on this matter

Reading between the lines , Linton , Junior and Gormley - I could be wrong ...

Forever n Eva

Barry mentioned massive difference in atmosphere at broadwood recently and players responding to great support....

He thinks Scott Ferrguson should stay another season after May and he says young Scott loves it at club..

BF also worried a few players could sign pre contracts in Jan elsewhere and he has sat down with chairman recently on this matter

Reading between the lines , Linton , Junior and Gormley - I could be wrong ...

Forever n Eva

would be surprised if their weren't clubs sniffing about we do have some who really should be in a league above would think Linton would be a target looks quality not sure Gormley would be a top target could be wrong

problem we have is that can't see where we would get the money to keep them as we can't go into debt this is where the loss in the cup really hurts a run in the cup could have provided funds for next season and even if we go up can't see away crowds increase much so it's all about increasing home support or getting money in from sponsorship etc , think we have went for it this year our top earners on 250 a week considering our crowds haven't went up most of this must be coming from the money freed up by debt repayments

just hope we get the ground situation sorted out and get the club into a community where we can get the stay aways back and attract new fans.

Pretty sure that was the plan when we moved to Cumbernauld and look how that's turned out. . .

mute point chairman has mandate to broker the deal won't be a vote on it for members

So a members run club will not be asking the members to vote on as pivotal an issue as the future home of the club? Staggering!

Is there not a exaggerated tale of pending doom we can use to guilt people into voting a particular way this time around?

So a members run club will not be asking the members to vote on as pivotal an issue as the future home of the club? Staggering!

Is there not a exaggerated tale of pending doom we can use to guilt people into voting a particular way this time around?

The members have already given the board the ability to do a deal. I'm baffled that so many people have forgotten this.

Well unless shettleston can be described as 'in or around east kilbride' as per the wording of the resolutions of April 2013 (over 2 and a half years ago) then I cannot understand why no further vote is needed.

And I don't really want to drag all this shit up again so maybe someone can give me a clear and short answer as to why this is the case?

The members have already given the board the ability to do a deal. I'm baffled that so many people have forgotten this.

there's a lot that had been forgotten or historically revised

anyway thanks for clarifying there will be no vote

Well unless shettleston can be described as 'in or around east kilbride' as per the wording of the resolutions of April 2013 (over 2 and a half years ago) then I cannot understand why no further vote is needed.

And I don't really want to drag all this shit up again so maybe someone can give me a clear and short answer as to why this is the case?

I may be wrong, but I think last year the board were given the authority by the owners to be able to go ahead with a deal should they find one

I may be wrong, but I think last year the board were given the authority by the owners to be able to go ahead with a deal should they find one

my understanding is that the last vote only removed the name change didn't remove the authority to relocate

it's what the majority of owners want

You seem to be angry about this, you should join the CIC and you can put questions to the board which will be answered or are you another one of the supporters that's not happy about how things are but still does nothing about it?

Archived