Clyde FC 2015/16 Thread

Personally I think Sean Higgins would be a great signing at this level! The new signings (although there's on been 2) are looking very good especially if most of the players we are going to sign are going to be of that caliber. Thompson will not come down to Clyde surely.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm raging we've signed two pensioners; at the ages of 24 and 25 they're basically in the retirement home.

Linton I remember as a good, composed player and he kept Kieran MacDonald out of the Dumbarton team at points this season. Was highly rated at Cowdenbeath. Unless exceptional, left backs don't win or lose you promotion but it's clearly a massive step-up on last season (McIlduff, Traynor). Interesting to see if we utilise the long throw as we ended the season as a good physical threat. I'd be surprised if the Noble rumour was true now as I don't see us adding another left-sided player of that calibre whilst running with a small squad.

Campbell isn't a clear cut goalscorer bar one season, but the drop in division could see that change. Alternatively, maybe part-time football hasn't agreed with him. That said, it's clearly a step-up from Watt, McManus etc who would never score any number of goals in the Championship.

In my opinion though, whilst I don't think either of these additions will ultimately make the huge difference we need on their own (in the way that Marko did), they set out a marker to other potential signings that we're aiming high this campaign. Such a pleasant change from previous summers.

Especially when he gives you all the good news re EK. How was your humble pie :P

If only you hung fire for five hours, you might have been able to slink away on the quiet. But you didn't. The tremendous news this morning has hopefully put an irrepairable hole in the wheel of EK coming to fruition......you utter fud. You csn always go with your source to visit McCann in the jail if he still wants to spin you a yarn. Now he's gone, it'd be nice if you fucked off too. Whether Oleksandar wants it or not, wil be dealt with by us as a support.

Personally I think Sean Higgins would be a great signing at this level! The new signings (although there's on been 2) are looking very good especially if most of the players we are going to sign are going to be of that caliber. Thompson will not come down to Clyde surely.

Higgins has signed for Clyde,wouldn't have minded him at Arbroath.

If only you hung fire for five hours, you might have been able to slink away on the quiet. But you didn't. The tremendous news this morning has hopefully put an irrepairable hole in the wheel of EK coming to fruition......you utter fud. You csn always go with your source to visit McCann in the jail if he still wants to spin you a yarn. Now he's gone, it'd be nice if you fucked off too. Whether Oleksandar wants it or not, wil be dealt with by us as a support.

Why is McCann important in this respect?

I am excited to hear the reason

The Cowdenbeath fans don't rate him, saying he is lazy and past it.

To be fair, that's at Championship level in a poorly performing team. He's only 30, is he not? They may be correct but, I'd at least be cautiously optimistic that he would score some goals, if given service, for us in League 2.

Why is McCann important in this respect?

I am excited to hear the reason

Whatever floats you boat (or at least doesn't sink it). You're quite pass-remarkable these days........just a pity it's aimed at the wrong people. The issue was raised and ignored during the 2014/15 thread, like most other perfectly reasonable points have been. I trust my sources 1,000,000% more than i do those who refuse to answer what should be fairly straightfoward and planned-out questions covering the club's involvement with individuals at local council levels. It's funny, you don't have a problem flooding the place with politics when it suits.....

I think by in large, the released list is fair.

I personally would have liked to have seen Iain Gray, young Fraser and Mick Daly given more of a chance under BF, but he obviously a helluva a lot more than we do.

Those retained give us a strong team spine for next year I believe. Also very pleased with Linton and Campbell signing on, and if rumours of Grant Adam are to be believed, another cause for excitement, I feel he'd be a strong player, much like Martin, for the league we're in.

Having brought in Shuggy and Marko I feel definitely made us more solid, and whoever said they're past their best, for this league, is either a trumpet, or deluded. (I still have nightmares about that deft swivel of Marko's in the box at Berwick).

I think we missed Sweeney when he left, not as a player, but a leader on the pitch. Having brought some of the older guys in appears to have appeased that, which is something I'm glad of.

Going forward, I'd like to see Durie on the right hand side of midfield next season, with young Billy Robb in at RB. Durie was an absolute bombscare at the start of the season, but I feel he was absolutely the most improved over the course, and Barry obviously saw something to have him play every single game. He has an engine and can manage good balls in the box, if in the right position, I personally feel his defensive duties restrict him.

Excited for the future, I just hope if things go tits up, Barry doesn't blame his signings again, clearly did nothing to help squad morale. Hopefully we get a more effective recruitment process underway during summer.

VIVA LA BULLY WEE!

I have been critical of BF on here but looking at his new signings and "potential" signings, I have to say I am feeling a lot more confident.

I like what BF is trying to do, reduce the first team squad to 18 odd players and also integrate some youth players.

I have to agree with the post about Durie moving one up, either as a right wing back if we play a back 3 or as a right midfielder. He is good going forward and I feel he is best suited to this sort of position. I would have kept McGhee to play right back but if not then I think we need to bring someone in or use the right back I saw playing for the U20 team. Think the boy Robb is more a centre back than a full back.

I have been critical of BF on here but looking at his new signings and "potential" signings, I have to say I am feeling a lot more confident.

I like what BF is trying to do, reduce the first team squad to 18 odd players and also integrate some youth players.

I have to agree with the post about Durie moving one up, either as a right wing back if we play a back 3 or as a right midfielder. He is good going forward and I feel he is best suited to this sort of position. I would have kept McGhee to play right back but if not then I think we need to bring someone in or use the right back I saw playing for the U20 team. Think the boy Robb is more a centre back than a full back.

I had been quite vocal outwith P+B regarding Ferguson, but he's really altered my opinion since the turn of the year.

I think he has the right ideas, and I really think that now he knows what he's dealing with in this league, we'll kick on for next season, we'll just need to see how recruitment+pre-season progress.

I actually went to school with Fraser, he's a good guy and I do feel sorry for him, I'd liked to have seen him at least prove himself one way or another under Barry.

If he is integrating young players into the squad, then I'm pleased with that.

If that is the case r.e. Robb, do we see any scope with a bit of rotation between him and Fisher?

The prospect of Campbell and Chucky up top is quite exciting also.

I don't think there's a great deal of need for us to have Durie playing with a full-back behind him - since the turn of the year he's improved a lot positionally and defensively. He seemed bizarrely undroppable early on, and was regularly caught out of position and weak in one-on-one situations, but I feel he has improved on both. It'll be interesting to see if we persevere with 3 at the back next season because it suited Durie and will probably suit Linton too.

I liked the shape we played in the latter part of the QP game last week with 3 at the back.

Maybe something like that would suit him, and as you said, with the boy Linton too.

Is there any substance to this story regarding S.Thompson?

Seems very unlikely that he'd drop down the leagues.

These players must be on good wages ? can't see us being able to afford all these, do you's think Barry is pumping the money in

13 players have just left, if we are running with a thinner squad next season as we've been led to believe then I reckon the wage budget is just the same as previous years.

Archived