Clyde FC 2015/16 Thread

Scott Durie

Mark McLaughlin

Scott McLaughlin

Hugh Murray

Scott Ferguson

Scott McManus

Brian McQueen

I think that's what we've got contracted for next year? Need more Scott's IMO.

Scott Linton as well now.

Good start with those two and surprised they are both dropping two divisions.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On paper, that's two players of calibre and experience we struggled to find even when we were the First Division club (Ricky Waddell, Dusan Bestvina, Andy Ferguson anyone??) and a sign of the commitment to delivering success on the park. Under the last clown, the perpetual 'we're almost there, the players want to come but its the money' eg Longworth, Malcolm etc, it was never the manager moaning about it far less doing something about it (see Morton's struggle to win Seaside League 1 with fifth highest budget outside Prem) which is another welcome change. The vibes im getting are it will be a very trim squad, 18 seniors at most.....be that four or five wages saved are buying quality, or investment is secured externally, the message is being put out nice and early. Welcome to a big club, Archie and Scott!!

I agree with what you are saying but the only slight worry would be if we lost a few players to injury like what happened with the Annan game and we are then struggling to put a team out.

Linton should be a good signing for this level. Positional sense is awful and has no pace but has a solid left peg and monster throw in. It's hard to judge as I've not seen what the standard is like since we were down here ourselves.

Archie Campbell I'm not convinced by. I really felt he offered absolutely nothing other than a burst of pace, he simply doesn't score goals or look composed at all. Our 17 year old reserve striker almost matched his entire season's tally in 36 mins of first team football. Stick him next to a big goal scorer and he may do the business. One thing he will give is 100% and I hope he does well, seemed like a nice enough guy.

Murray and Barry must have a wee thing going on. I hope Ching McLaughlin single handedly wins you the league. Forever in our hearts.

Linton should be a good signing for this level. Positional sense is awful and has no pace but has a solid left peg and monster throw in. It's hard to judge as I've not seen what the standard is like since we were down here ourselves.

Archie Campbell I'm not convinced by. I really felt he offered absolutely nothing other than a burst of pace, he simply doesn't score goals or look composed at all. Our 17 year old reserve striker almost matched his entire season's tally in 36 mins of first team football. Stick him next to a big goal scorer and he may do the business. One thing he will give is 100% and I hope he does well, seemed like a nice enough guy.

Murray and Barry must have a wee thing going on. I hope Ching McLaughlin single handedly wins you the league. Forever in our hearts.

was about to post that... can only assume they are good pals since their playing days at Rangers. If they do the job I will take them. Heard that about Campbell from a few people now. Hopefully bangs them in at his level but composure is composure, no matter what division.

Yes, the man is a prince. On the subject of players not really rated, how you describe Campbell is how i'd have described Gilhaney ten years ago....i'm shocked his career made double figures of years, i don't know how he evolved after leaving us, but what i would say is pace is worth a goal a game in this league. Ferguson (Scott) has been exploiting his since his debut, and on-song, is a fairly likely scorer, and even if he has severe limitations, a striker who knows he's going to get three extra seconds past his man only has to finish well to succeed. He'll get that time no problem.

same opinion on Gilhaney. Back then great stereotype of an up and coming striker. Blistering pace and got/made chances. " the goals will come with games and experience" thankfully it never :thumsup2

Yes, the man is a prince. On the subject of players not really rated, how you describe Campbell is how i'd have described Gilhaney ten years ago....i'm shocked his career made double figures of years, i don't know how he evolved after leaving us, but what i would say is pace is worth a goal a game in this league. Ferguson (Scott) has been exploiting his since his debut, and on-song, is a fairly likely scorer, and even if he has severe limitations, a striker who knows he's going to get three extra seconds past his man only has to finish well to succeed. He'll get that time no problem.

Gilhaney has been consistent with us without ever being spectacular. His work rate is excellent and he can whip a decent ball into the box after beating his man. We've tried to play him through the middle a couple of times and he's been awful mind you, strictly a winger only.

Got a feeling he may be going as well but have no doubt that he could easily get a deal at a top half League 1 outfit. Would be happy to see him stay.

Despite not being a fan of Archie I do hope he does well. Always like when a player gives his all for the jersey, just a shame when he had his opportunities with us he failed to take them.

So campbell is signed well a kent that 3weeks ago and told you know alls so let me see what did I say about sean higgins watch this space best paid player I hear by all accounts ,and the players released there are a couple waiting on bawbag to phone them and tell them so

EGM and Stadium issues aside, I was just wondering if our chairman would be providing fans with his views on the season gone by and perhaps a steer or some encouraging words about our prospects of seeing a better product on the football field in 2015-16.

Then I came across what he offered when appointing BF........

“We sought a candidate who was more likely to develop and take the opportunity to blood young players in the first team rather than recruiting experienced players"

"He won us over with his vision for developing our squad and commitment to building on our existing youth policy, as he establishes himself as a manager in the Scottish game"

Probably for the best if you say nothing John.

EGM and Stadium issues aside, I was just wondering if our chairman would be providing fans with his views on the season gone by and perhaps a steer or some encouraging words about our prospects of seeing a better product on the football field in 2015-16.

“We sought a candidate who was more likely to develop and take the opportunity to blood young players in the first team rather than recruiting experienced players"

"He won us over with his vision for developing our squad and commitment to building on our existing youth policy, as he establishes himself as a manager in the Scottish game"

Why not join the CIC & ask him....

Moving on

The young players thing was done in the first few months of the season and we would of got relegated if we continued that way and we had to go down the more experienced route.

He did give some younger players some games towards the end of thseason and Robb, Lynass and MacMillan are in next seasons squad.

We sought a candidate who was more likely to develop and take the opportunity to blood young players in the first team rather than recruiting experienced players"

don't worry Mr charisma will woo all his fans at the EGM

Especially when he gives you all the good news re EK. How was your humble pie :P

only way he will be chairman of a club in ek is if he becomes chairman of EKFC ????

here's hoping ????

but at least you got one of the ek clyde fans excited ????

People seem to be under the illusion that this there Clyde will strut in to East Kilbride, exactly the same way we triumphantly goose-stepped into Broadwood, and the good people not only of the town, but those actually facilitating it, are going to stand by and be shown how to run a football club. Not on your life will that be happening. If anyone can confirm that this was/is indeed the plan, then don't be shy; i'm genuinely interested in just how many details of events post-relocation were actually discussed and considered when casting your votes?? As for the manager changing his stance; geeza fuckin break eh. It may escape attentions of agenda-driven nutjobs, but Rome wasn't built in a day. He gave Young and McGhee exactly the same chance he gave Traynor, Marsh and McQueen, whilst three days ago promoting half a dozen u20s to the full squad for next season. Barry Ferguson's job at Clyde is to get us back to the First Division. Not to turn the place into a creche.

Archived