Clyde FC 2015/16 Thread

What were your expectations for this season?

Deary me. I expected play offs at least.

When Ferguson was appointed where did you expect Clyde to finish?

And would any manager other than BF be given the time and patience that he has enjoyed??

Not a boo boy.....Just genuine questions that need asked.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We will be in the same position this time next season unless we can get a 15/20 goal striker. Which is what we've lacked since Ian Harty or even Pat Clarke at a push. Having a player like that seems to be the main difference in recent years between being champions and finishing in the top 5. Most recently being Alloa with Stevie May and Peterhead with McAllister. Not even acknowledging Rangers' goal scoring "prowess" in Lee McCulloch

Deary me. I expected play offs at least.

When Ferguson was appointed where did you expect Clyde to finish?

And would any manager other than BF be given the time and patience that he has enjoyed??

Not a boo boy.....Just genuine questions that need asked.

I think time is something not given to enough managers. We gave Duffy time and he turned it around well, who is to say BF won't? Here's hoping!

I genuinely hope he turns things around.

I just think he has been given more time because of who he is.

Possibly. If the first half of next season is the same as this one I don't think he'll last. Hopefully it's the same as the 2nd half of this one though with a few extra goals for added in!

Maybe the fact he knew who he could bring in would turn things round, and displayed a bit of aptitude in sorting the mess he admits he created?? The likes of Millar and McCormack stood like scarecrows and basically continuing down the road which they started, and when probed on what they were planning to do about it more than likely did not impress with the answers. The guy has also apologised for a lot of things this year....but not the same thing twice. Clearly he's learning and thats what we have to.hope for next year.

Maybe the fact he knew who he could bring in would turn things round, and displayed a bit of aptitude in sorting the mess he admits he created?? The likes of Millar and McCormack stood like scarecrows and basically continuing down the road which they started, and when probed on what they were planning to do about it more than likely did not impress with the answers. The guy has also apologised for a lot of things this year....but not the same thing twice. Clearly he's learning and thats what we have to.hope for next year.

Exactly!

:Thumbs up:

The stats don't lie which I agree with, so let's see the stats.

2014 under BF - 5 wins, 3 draws, 10 defeats. Our first win didn't come until 25th October and in total we gained 18 points.

2015 under BF - 8 wins, 5 draws, 5 defeats. In total we gained 29 points.

As you can see there has been an improvement in 2015 which I totally agree with.

In my opinion BF was to blame for the poor start as he made far too many changes, far too quickly.

Let's see what next season brings, we are all entitled to our opinion and mines is that under BF we may struggle to challenge at the top of the table.

Yet under Duffy we only amassed 25 points in 2014.

There's no doubt the first half of season was disappointing, but I'm not sure 1 season is any sort of patience and time!

Again apologies first HOME league win

Wrong again, our first home win was on 27th September against Annan.

Edit - You are right, the programme list the Annan score as a 1-0 win which is incorrect.

Again apologies first HOME league win

Oh my Christ. You got three chances. Three chances to put the correct info together. You failed, and got it worse and worse each time. For three successive errors on the same subject. Do you see how easy it is to make a mistake?? Do you understand where i'm going with this???

Look at the results from this season PROPERLY, we drew 1-1 with Annan at Broadwood on the 27th September.

Mr Aggro, do you see what I mean???? People make things up to suit their own agendas.

As DW has pointed out, 2014 was 50% down to Duffy. As bad a calendar year as we have ever had, in truth. No one was blaming Duffy for his part in that, not even when we crawled home in 4th despite being in the top three for eight fucking months. 2015 has so far been a massive improvement. Acknowledge or ignore as you wish, but these are facts. Lots of very poor liars among us.

Can't agree with the first part. We collected 31 points in the 18 games prior to New Year and 26 in the first half of 2014, and at that we practically surrendered 3 points on the final day against Stirling with a weakened team. We won 6 out of the 9 before that game. It was actually out best second half of a season since 2004, but Barry has now trumped this taking 29 points in 2015. That could have even been 33 if we didn't concede a couple of silly last minute equalisers. I would have binned him at Christmas but he has turned things around a fair bit to his credit so happy for him to get more time.

What agenda are you on about?? Be specific. First up, it was Jack Burton who has since held his hands up to his error. Secondly, when the errors you made were pointed out, your answer is all 'ok then, whatever'. Ignoring the first win of the season, then when it was, then where it was sounds like a helluva agenda to me. Present a thought-out factual case, which many have done on the subject, and people won't be rushing to poke holes in it. Were you up to your eyes in notepads plotting the downfall of Duffy during his tough days??? Duffy got 25 points out of a team in 2014 who started the year in the top two.....Ferguson got 29 in 2015 while trying to stitch a teams confidence back together. A much tougher ask, in my opinion.

Archived