Clyde FC 2015/16 Thread

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

tell you the truth I found myself so far out from the vast majority it seemed pointless joining again

I thought that the owners had given the chairman a mandate to negotiate for a new ground might be wrong but don't think there will be a yes or no vote on any new ground move

Ah the classic it's our only hope of regaining our former heights argument. So moving into a pokey wee junior ground is the way to do that? Or the often mentioned social club that will fill the coffers. Don't get me wrong Annan and stenny are well run little clubs but hardly the blueprint to championship football which is probably our aspirations (realistic or otherwise).

The club dying if it stays at broadwood was clearly a load of scaremongering pish. The fact is our budget this season must be one of the biggest in the league and success on the park is expected as a result.

I know all of the arguments against the match day experience and location of broadwood but (location aside) many of these problems are of the clubs own making.

There still seems to be no clear 5 year plan of where the club is heading and that is why people are staying away. Moving to a hovel in shettleston is not the answer I fear. . .

Personally, I wouldn't mind a wee stadium like Annan's. It has a decent atmosphere, comfortable, modern and is being improved as time goes on. Also we tend to always win there.

Honest to fk! Some of you guys need to take a right good look at yourselves. Is this a Clyde thread or Barcelona? And what right do you have to slag off the home of the mighty Shettleston ? At least it's our shit hole where is yours? Our ground would have been refurbished long ago if it wasn't for your lot sticking their oar in. Anyone who can't see the massive gain for your club in moving to the heavily populated east end of Glasgow from the wilderness you now borrow is off their head! Not everyone goes to or wants to go to ibrox or parkhead . If your coming hurry up coz we are fed up waiting for this to be sorted so we can see our ground developed either by ourselves Clyde or together !

I don't understand people slagging off Shettleson. It's got good transport, is not in the middle of fucking no where or a freezing hole in July and both Shettleson and Clyde know lots of development is needed. Hopefully in there next season

If something as fundamental as a proposed new home, wherever that might be, isn't put to the owners of a "fan owned club" to decide upon, can anyone tell me exactly what the fucking point of that organization is & why people "should" join it?

The board were given a mandate to negotiate terms in relation to a specific proposed move to Langlands. It's understood they'd look at other options, but yes, as mere representatives, they absolutely should be referring any other option to all owners

Lots of work will need done. I don't know what league requirements are but definitely a lot needing done to bring ground to a decent standard for both clubs. I know club has been working on this for number of years now but always something happens to put this back ,Clyde move has put things on hold for last year or so. Ive been told it was written in a recent Clyde programme that Clyde will be here next summer. Is that correct ?

Alright lads, this might be of some interest to Clyde fans. I recorded a podcast with Alan Trouten and he talks in depth about his spell at the club. It was a pretty terrible season for the club all round but there's some interesting stuff in there about yer old man John Brown.

Out to David W for giving me a load of pointers too.

CLICK

Alright lads, this might be of some interest to Clyde fans. I recorded a podcast with Alan Trouten and he talks in depth about his spell at the club. It was a pretty terrible season for the club all round but there's some interesting stuff in there about yer old man John Brown.

CLICK

link isn't working

anyway trouten was a complete waste of space and wouldn't have him within 100 miles of Clyde

end of

link isn't working

anyway trouten was a complete waste of space and wouldn't have him within 100 miles of Clyde

end of

Link works fine for me.

Really interesting interview that, impressive stuff FF. Trouten comes across really well, and I never held his terrible performances against him really - that season was a nightmarish hell for every player and I knew he was better than his time at Clyde would suggest

John Brown making the players do "facelifts" in pig shit...FFS :lol:

Is the top ten in ten quote from someone from the colts? I know the chairman and have had countless conversations with him and although they obviously don't want the senior team to be an absolute failure as long as they have a senior side out playing they're happy. Cumbernauld colts is all about grass roots level football, that's their priority. The senior team is just something of an added interest.

Don't F'n kid yourself. A Colts team in the senior league is a means to unlock Development money. So it's not an added interest.

Lots of work will need done. I don't know what league requirements are but definitely a lot needing done to bring ground to a decent standard for both clubs. I know club has been working on this for number of years now but always something happens to put this back ,Clyde move has put things on hold for last year or so. Ive been told it was written in a recent Clyde programme that Clyde will be here next summer. Is that correct ?

With Clyde's lease in Broadwood running until May 2017 I expect them to stay put until then. If the move to Greenfield Park goes ahead there will be a lot of development needed to bring the ground up to scratch from what you are saying so couldn't see everything being done and dusted in time for start of season 2016/2017.

Two weeks spent boxing as well. Mental stuff no wonder we got relegated.

An ex-Rangers hero, great player but useless manager, pumping his own money/pals money in to boost the playing budget and strengthen his own position. At least the club wouldn't be so daft as to let that happen again. . . .

CLICK

Very Interesting listen.

Especially the mentality part about how we played pre season then changed. Trouten has proved he's a fine player in the lower leagues, and usually I would defend a manager over players not taking responsibility when they cross the line, but Brown is the exception and the majority who left at the end of that season went on to prove they were decent after that.

The whole squad that year mustve thought Bomber was a fucking lunatic with some of they training methods.

Cracking interview though even if its brought the bitterness over that c***s tenure back. Never forget him walking out a fans forum saying he will wring someones neck and his altercation with ScottR96 at training one night. That's just 2 examples of his shocking behaviour for a supposed football manager of a then division one side.

Archived