Clyde FC 2015/16 Thread

fan ownership works if fans /owners are prepared to take responsibility for financing the club we have 350 owners how many are season ticket holders how many contribute more than the 30 quid per year Hearts are lauded as the the ideal have look at their website to see the contributions plus they have a very wealthy clever owner who if they take over will have left them with a very health club Not a great fan of our present board but they did inherit a disaster area I think they did go to far in clearing the debt and putting the club in what only can be described as a coma but at the time nobody else would do it , now we are relying on handouts from the manager and his friends which isn't a great situation in summary in the position we are in the present structure means that we can't progress

don't necessarily say fan ownership doesn't work but for Clyde it is now a millstone round our neck

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You actually think that shit hole is good enough for our club. If you do you need to wake up. This will be the death of the club. Our club deserves better, we will be an Annan our worse. How the hell can the club build into that community. A bloody big green stadium just across the road.

Weve tried the new town idea and it failed

That big green stadium sits half empty every 2nd week and their is a good chance we might tap into their support who are fed up payin top dollar for average fitba...

I agree to a point we have earned a good young fan base who make up 3/4 of my bus to annan. We need to keep them i agree but im sure club have gave it a thought...

The ground has good accessbility amongst plenty others, Give it a chance GA. We cant afford to lose anymore

You actually think that shit hole is good enough for our club. If you do you need to wake up. This will be the death of the club. Our club deserves better, we will be an Annan our worse. How the hell can the club build into that community. A bloody big green stadium just across the road.

It's going to have to be upgraded I would guess for it to meet the league requirements.

I would prefer for us to have a smaller ground where there will be an atmosphere unlike the freezing cold soulless stadium we have at the moment.

If the move goes ahead we will have a stadium in a highly populated area with very good transport links which straight away makes it a far more appealing prospect than Broadwood.

It's going to have to be upgraded I would guess for it to meet the league requirements.

I would prefer for us to have a smaller ground where there will be an atmosphere unlike the freezing cold soulless stadium we have at the moment.

If the move goes ahead we will have a stadium in a highly populated area with very good transport links which straight away makes it a far more appealing prospect than Broadwood.

All of the above my point exactly

Our club and support is fading away at broadwood but we do need to look after what we have just now

But the issue is that for the whole of Scottish football lose crowds every week to the big green stadium and th slightly less bigger blue one, whether its across the road or 100 miles away.

We have to try something or we will die!

But the issue is that for the whole of Scottish football looses crowds every week to the big green stadium and th slightly less bigger blue one, where its across the road or 100 miles away.

We have to try something or we will die!

Oh naw here comes the anti Alexander brigade , on those fatal last two words....

Shawfield is the answer and don't tell me it's not. 100% can happen

It's most definitely not. Shit hole when we left it 30 years ago and 75% of the place is now basically derelict. All but main stand is usable and it does not have sufficient capacity now, even for us !

Terracing could not be re-opened without complete demolition and reconstruction. Put a zero at the end of what Shettleston might cost and you still won't get close to how much might be needed.

Shettleston isn't good IMO for a number of reasons that I won't expand on here, but we're not exactly in a position to be picky !

It's most definitely not. Shit hole when we left it 30 years ago and 75% of the place is now basically derelict. All but main stand is usable and it does not have sufficient capacity now, even for us !

Terracing could not be re-opened without complete demolition and reconstruction. Put a zero at the end of what Shettleston might cost and you still won't get close to how much might be needed.

Shettleston isn't good IMO for a number of reasons that I won't expand on here, but we're not exactly in a position to be picky !

Totally agree.

It doesn't matter if Shettleston is your first choice or your last choice for a potential new home. If that is where they are going then to have any chance of returning to their former heights, then every Clyde minded individual absolutely has to get behind it.

Hatchets need to be buried and the support needs to back those in charge, regardless of personal issues for the good of the club.

If not, then it will undermine everything and we'll see Clyde back in the same situation in 20 years time.

You only get one chance for a first impression when you go somewhere. Don't f**k it up.

Out of interest, how far is Shawfield from Parkhead?

No sure, but I know it's only around 4 miles from Ibrox to Parkhead, so it'll be less than that

I'll reserve judgement until I see exactly what's proposed for a move anywhere, though I'm not hopeful from what I've heard so far. If we have to set aside our identity again by not moving back to the area we're from, which was proposed by those who have the power to make that happen, it'll depend on what we get in return and what potential that gives the club long term, not just what suits some for the next few years

Still, it's touching to have a Petershill fan so interested in us

No sure, but I know it's only around 4 miles from Ibrox to Parkhead, so it'll be less than that

My point was that Shawfield is closer to Celtic park than Shettleston junior's ground.

It seems to me as someone who has followed Clyde from Shawfield to Firhill to Hamilton to Cumbernauld that some people are looking for excuses not to follow the team. Let's face it, they are not going to go anyway or anywhere no matter what. Some probably don't even go now. They blame EK Clyde, the board, the manager, the stadium, the location. It won't be long before they blame the colour of the grass.

I say that as a non uber fan but I will still support my team no matter where they call home. I can't after all support anyone else. "Here I stand, I can do no other "

Archived