Clyde FC 2015/16 Thread

The thing was posted here at 10pm last night. Why the rush to put it up, if not to demonstrate we are wrong to point out when communications are poor?? You're absolutely right. It never should have saw the light of day on here, unless paraphrased and used in reference in relevant discussion.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't realise that there was a specific time that the information could be put on.

As I have said it was some information relating to Clyde that was put on a topic for discussion about Clyde, if you always want to be looking for some sort of agenda in everything since you have been in a massive huff since the cup game then that's up to you.

Dont understand why people share members stuff on p&b..

Perhaps if they kept it to themselves we would have more members for that benefit..

It was a short summary without any spin put on it. Dont really see that as a big issue. But your point is well meaning, if members took more res;onsiblity AND a bit more trust maybe(?) its easier for the club to be more forthcoming more often.

Bit shocked at what is being said about Bobby Gracey I thought he was a good front man for the Club, it just goes to show that things go on in the background. Has he been at the matches since his "resignation" hopefully he can still be around but off the board.?

Dont get the point about Roberts though, none of the directors were there then??? "They" just seems to be whatever ****ers are on the board at any given moment :D

I didn't realise that there was a specific time that the information could be put on.

As I have said it was some information relating to Clyde that was put on a topic for discussion about Clyde, if you always want to be looking for some sort of agenda in everything since you have been in a massive huff since the cup game then that's up to you.

You're just not getting this, are you?? You're a member of essentially a private members association. Even i, with my own opinions and agendas, would not compromise the discrestion owed to at least your fellow members. And all for a 'told-you-so' potshot at the critics of the board. And FYI.....i've been in a huff since the malaise around the season set in.....about mid-August.

It was a short summary without any spin put on it. Dont really see that as a big issue. But your point is well meaning, if members took more res;onsiblity AND a bit more trust maybe(?) its easier for the club to be more forthcoming more often.

Bit shocked at what is being said about Bobby Gracey I thought he was a good front man for the Club, it just goes to show that things go on in the background. Has he been at the matches since his "resignation" hopefully he can still be around but off the board.?

Dont get the point about Roberts though, none of the directors were there then??? "They" just seems to be whatever ****ers are on the board at any given moment :D

The BG bit is interesting - I spoke with him last week, and it was a very different story I heard. I also know who I trust on this, and it isn't the Board.

Too early for a frank and open discussion about it yet?? Seems a bit bizarre to be needlessly airing dirty laundry.....99% of the business world relies on public confidentiality where sackings are concerned, purely if for no reason than maintaining their own integrity. This might, just might, provide some meat on the bones for when the next venture goes tits up.....

All CIC members are equal owners of the club. So if any clarification is required on any particular issue, then you're entitled to that information, relayed by all means privately

The board are merely elected representatives

So here's what I don't understand

Why the hell would any owners, having received an official Club communication, feel it necessary to come on a public forum to try & speculate as to what it all means? Ask the question via official channels, demand an answer, & if you don't get it demand a refund

Legal confidentiality relates to releasing information publicly, it doesn't relate to advising owners who they are merely representing

I'd love for ferguson to start A.Higgins. We have no idea what he is like and maybe he can shoot unlike Gormley

Maybe if BF chose to watch any of the U-20 games he might have a look at what is available.Seriously not one. Common knowledge amongst those who attend.

Maybe if BF chose to watch any of the U-20 games he might have a look at what is available.Seriously not one. Common knowledge amongst those who attend.

I've no reason to disbelieve you, but a colleague of mine has relatives directly involved in the SoF and apparently Ferguson has a very keen interest in its development. Very odd behaviour if he picks up one he likes then doesn't watch him again, but then again we're in the position where the basis of club direction is moving rapidly away from its supposed MO. I don't envisage anyone giving a f**k what Ferguson does or does not do.

The BG bit is interesting - I spoke with him last week, and it was a very different story I heard. I also know who I trust on this, and it isn't the Board.

Well i didnt speak with BG last week, but i still know who i trust, and it isnt the board

Well......two very close acquaintances (one work, one friend of a friend of the family) both let slip that a director, within the last month or so, is asking clients what they 'know about the Keans'. Apparently J and P Kean are blocking phone numbers all over the place, and getting really pissed off at their names entering conversations way beyond the paygrade of the mouths uttering them. If i offer nothing else, i'll say this....it might, just might be a good idea and basic manners not to take calls from EK contacts when talking to other prospective landlords/partners. Just sayin'.

He asked what we thought of it........not how fickle anyone is about it. Truth is it has gone from working perfectly well (in that democracy was aspired and adhered to) over two issues, (fwiw i strongly objected to one) both of which saw Clyde in absolute turmoil on the field at the time, to not working at all. A lot has occurred around the club since 2013, though you wouldn't think it. Reason for failure is it isn't designed for clubs our size, who ever have any hope of growing. Thats not to say fans ownership per se is the problem.....

Archived