Clyde FC 2015/16 Thread

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would love to know the basis that BF signed McGovern on. Going by the comments of the Ayr fans when we signed him, he was horrendous for them last season. When he kicked off the season with us, I think everyone was horrified at how poor he was, yet it appeared from the stands that he (or McLaren) wanted everything going through him, yet he honestly never kicked a ball for us and couldn't even cover the pitch.

It then came out that he was suspended by the club and looked to have played his last game. We could all see what was happening here and although BF (allegedly) told McLaren that he had no interest in signing JP, up he rocked at Broadwood.

The supporters weren't bothered 1 little bit, in his handful of appearances it was clear he was finished as a player yet in those games someone has advised BF that he still had what it takes to play at this level, baffling.

JP McGovern was terrible under Roberts & Millen, as soon as McCall came in he slowly started getting better and was disappointed to lose him in the summer.

The guy next to him to me is the problem, along with obviously something else turning his head at Stirling (he wanted a coaching job at Ayr thats why he left, did he get one at Stirling?) and now back next to that waster.

Why dont we approach Gus mcpherson wae Millen and J Ross as coaches

do you really want to add "rejected by Gus McPherson" to this season's hall of shame? You would be far better going for a reliable "safe pair of hands" with Clyde connections - step forward Gardner Speirs!

Current chairmans vision was pay off the debt. Well he managed that - with no thought about what he was doing to the club. Pay the debt off was right, but a manager capable of building a young side should have been brought in. Play kids and build, instead we played mugs and dismantled the youth set up.

Change the name and move. Fail. He lied to fans, got the name change permision then realised he was out of his depth.

Now the club stumbles with no vision as the owners struggle to get any real information.

A manager hell bent on building the oldest side in the country, short-termism from him. But then thats hardly suprising given the club has no vision for the future.

Fan ownership has been a failure and the current board are failures.

Superb post.

I have to work today so i can make up for being off yesterday so i could go and watch that shite. Surely even alexander and fergusons biggest advocates must now realize they are both wrong for there respective positions.

I'm done with it, its not even November and the season looks like a right off.

Totally fed up being the laughing stock.

Could ramble on and on, but i have just put my jacket on and and its time to head out into the dark freezing morning, f**k you alexander and f**k you ferguson

Hope you read this Mr Alexander!

For me if Barry does go, then there is only one cheap and keen option for me, and thats Allan Moore. He was very keen to get the job when Duffy left and lives locally also. I feel like he could get the best out this team but also is smart enough to see the problems in the team, ie lack of width and lack of creativity in the center of the park. If thats not possible coud we do worse than give the likes of Sharpy and Paddy the reigns for this season?

Allan Moore ,

Relegated Stirling and Sacked by Morton & Arbroath

Nah, Not for me

Unreal for 6 months to be fair, think he just lost the plot with the players after a few defeats which the players didn't take to well to and the rest is history

Archived