Clyde FC 2015/16 Thread

Precisely my point, and that of two individuals i know who have already said they won't be back because of a) the hassle in trying to get in, and b) the poor advertising and relations from the club. When purchasing your ST you ae making a commitment to the club, and may also be interested in anything the club might contact you about, regarding offers or such like. Or, alternatively, seek you out when they bloody want something for free. Walk-ups have no such ideas...if it says it's free, with no asterisk citing Ts snd Cs, then it really ought to be that simple. Even the stewards were dumbstruck at having to explain all this to people despite not apparently bei g given a directive by the club to do so....and, again, i'll.ask if the Shire fans were made aware of this and included in the offer. Too many Indians pretending to be Chiefs.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ach, stop getting your knickers in a twist about something so trivial.

If they want a free ticket, give the address. It's not too much to ask.

Don't see the big problem with it.

If someone doesn't want to give their address, either make one up or piss off (cue the self righteous replies of "but that's our future support" - chortle)

Would the same blue-chip organizations tell people to ignore the offer and pay for what is essentially a trial product if they didn't like it?? The difference is the app is probably something they want....

No, they just wouldn't let them download the app

You're right. They probably would not. But you're not going to get an email from Experian asking for 12 quid a month for something advertised as free provided you meet the criteria just because of a bit of information is missing....they probably just wouldn't tell the whole world its a free-for-all in the first place. If you purchase an ST then, as per terms of the agreement, the club have every right to carry out a search on addresses if they suspect the indivudual of certain acts.....whether they are trying to attract new fans or make life a little easier for current ones to bring their kids, without skinning them, its a bit of a cheek expecting info when they're hoping to.drum up trust and support from such schemes. Two things the club has lost shit-tonnes of in the last five years.

how hard is it to let under 16 in for nothing put it on website that they may need proof of age some guy turning up with a couple of eight year old shouldn't need to fill in an address book should be straight in the turnstile

it's the usual football mentality absolutely no customer care ethos????

but give them their due they are excellent at banning under 16 ''s no problems with the mechanisms for this practice ????

It's not a bit of a cheek to ask for the info. If it was me, I'd be using that info to check regular attendees, and maybe making an effort with them for next season.

Not that I'm saying anyone would have the nous to do that, just that it's not a lot to ask.

As for going straight to the turnstile, what happens if there was a dispute, and you were stuck behind it. It's not as if there are a number of turnstiles open to choose another that would be empty.

Although, it would give some people something else to moan about.....

Well, if i believed for a second SI that the club would use any data it received to actively engage new and existing customer base, i'd probably not have listened to those who relayed their versions of events to me. Call it paranoid if you will (i did initially) but i wouldn't be offering up my details to be logged down on an open jotter for quite literally anyone to see....just because someone has a tie or blouse on behind a desk wouldn't earn my trust, letvalone the reasons why they'd want it. Even entering the info into a laptop would have given a degree of confidentiality and showing they could be trusted with it. Clyde have had every address i've lived at for the last 26 years...and i've been contacted once....to tell me my 95/96 sports jacket had arrived for my birthday. Maybe people aren't worried about a bit of pestering about coming yo games....as you rightly say, that would show a bit of nous.

It's not a bit of a cheek to ask for the info. If it was me, I'd be using that info to check regular attendees, and maybe making an effort with them for next season.

Not that I'm saying anyone would have the nous to do that, just that it's not a lot to ask.

As for going straight to the turnstile, what happens if there was a dispute, and you were stuck behind it. It's not as if there are a number of turnstiles open to choose another that would be empty.

Although, it would give some people something else to moan about.....

I'm not moaning all I am saying if you make it remotely difficult for people to obtain the tickets they simply won't come to games I'm not really fussed either way but if you do want the system to work them every business listens to their customers and looks to improve their experience

if truth be told good results will increase attendances and get younger fans to follow the team if they are engaged with the club use the facilities etc then they might come to games but that's another argument as you would need your own ground

Well, if i believed for a second SI that the club would use any data it received to actively engage new and existing customer base, i'd probably not have listened to those who relayed their versions of events to me. Call it paranoid if you will (i did initially) but i wouldn't be offering up my details to be logged down on an open jotter for quite literally anyone to see....just because someone has a tie or blouse on behind a desk wouldn't earn my trust, letvalone the reasons why they'd want it. Even entering the info into a laptop would have given a degree of confidentiality and showing they could be trusted with it. Clyde have had every address i've lived at for the last 26 years...and i've been contacted once....to tell me my 95/96 sports jacket had arrived for my birthday. Maybe people aren't worried about a bit of pestering about coming yo games....as you rightly say, that would show a bit of nous.

agree not the way the data should be taken but health and safety don't allow entry to the ground unless a ticket is shown remember Clyde have no say on who and how they gain entry to the ground as NL leisure dictate this. And the guys who have been band have been done so on there say so as the Club must abide by there Rules

Talking of our own ground.......

Anyone heard anythin......

Must still be on their six weeks and counting holiday.

I heard on Saturday that Clyde are pushing for so much that Shettleston are close to sticking the two fingers up and telling us where to go. Sort of what Glencairn did. How accurate that is I don't know but it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.

Archived