Clyde FC 2015/16 Thread

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yip ..... Same here....

Fans expectations have gone through roof this season due to players brought in and quite rightly so...

Get feeling the first X1 will be chopped n changed over next few weeks n maybe even months which wont help stability but something has to be done even at this early stage o season.

think he needs to get a system that suites our players we simply don't have the resources for the manager to have a system of play and go out and buy players to fit into

I would presume that he recruited in the summer with a view to playing a certain way , wouldn't make drastic changes but as you say an attacking midfielder is much needed

one last thing players seem to come in high on confidence one defeat and it seems to drain out the entire team , it's not down to critics in the crowd (not now anyway )

lets hope we can get back in track on Saturday as my fear is if we lose we could be in for a 6 game run without a win

still think we have an excellent squad but last two weeks something ain't right

The problem is not only does Ferguson change the team every week, but the formation as well. Everything indicated that he wanted to play 5-3-2 (with wingbacks), but the moment Marko got injured he lost his nerve with that. We have Marsh, McQueen and Robb (and if we're desperate Fisher) who can play at centreback, so why not stick with it.

Arguably, two of our best players, and certainly our best crossers, are Linton and Mitchell. To get the best out of them we should be playing with them as wingbacks, especially while Durie is out, as Mitchell doesn't have his energy to get up and down the pitch from an out and out rightback position.

I don't believe players at this level can't learn a formation, but they have to be given some time to do so. I don't see the benefit in swapping to a 4-42 when we only have one winger.

I'm still trying to give the team 7 or 8 league games before judging them, but if we never see the same formation or starting line up used in even two games in a row, nothing will improve in that time.

I find it a concern that one player, being Marko (who let's face it will pick up a few knocks at his age this season) and Ferguson completely changes his system and formation. But this fear of shooting with our strikers is a big concern aswell.

He changed the formation before Marko became injured.

Hardly. The first game against Livingston had Bolo, Marko & Smith as centrebacks, with Mitchell & Linton on either side. The second game against them had the same set of players defensively. They tried to push Mitchell forward, with Bolo covering right back but they didn't even really commit to that, as Mitchell spent most of the game covering back with Bolo tucked in. Then Marko went off injured, with Scott Ferguson replacing him, and we've played a back four since then. As far as I'm concerned anyway.

Hardly. The first game against Livingston had Bolo, Marko & Smith as centrebacks, with Mitchell & Linton on either side. The second game against them had the same set of players defensively. They tried to push Mitchell forward, with Bolo covering right back but they didn't even really commit to that, as Mitchell spent most of the game covering back with Bolo tucked in. Then Marko went off injured, with Scott Ferguson replacing him, and we've played a back four since then. As far as I'm concerned anyway.

They played a back four in the second game against Livi.

Mitchell Bolo Marko Smith

Linton played left midfield until Marko went off.

Never mind the league.....they might have a problem deciding when free isn't really free if any more supporters bother to return with their children.

spoke to few of the guys is some carry on to get an under 16 in for free you apparently need to go to the office give your name address and phone number

doesn't surprise me that the brewery tour organisers on the board have managed to make an a*** of free ticketing????

Not so much the procedure....it's fairly clear on the website. However, those not willing (CORRECTLY) to leave their details on an open book for anyone to glance over, were invited to 'just pay the six quid then'. Who in their fucking right mind thought this was a good idea?? Yet again. Yet bastartin again. No one at that club is in authority to have any details of anyone other than willing, paying adults. Were the Shire fans made aware of this??

Not so much the procedure....it's fairly clear on the website. However, those not willing (CORRECTLY) to leave their details on an open book for anyone to glance over, were invited to 'just pay the six quid then'. Who in their fucking right mind thought this was a good idea?? Yet again. Yet bastartin again. No one at that club is in authority to have any details of anyone other than willing, paying adults. Were the Shire fans made aware of this??

why not just give them a season book

Archived