Clyde FC 2015/16 Thread

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we need a creative midfielder, Why cant BF use his contacts from his previous clubs like most managers do every season to their advantage, For Example Jim weir has a few St Johnstone players on loam.this season at Elgin from his time there & so on...

Just a thought

I agree we need a creative player but BF has said he doesn't think we need that type of player in this league. Hopefully the last 2 games may have changed his mind!

Everyone has had their moment. I still think the way fans were both seated and segregated by a stair at Livi was poor. Too many stuck in a small space hearing every shout, song or sweary. Lots of challenges made those days due to this. Some even sat on wrong side of stair and were moved.

That's because some livi fan shouted the stewards up!

For Clyde to mention this to other clubs is a bit of a joke. Probably make more of a problem as stewards will have a preconceived idea and target our support more.

Should have released a statement saying to tone it down and that's it. Enough to appease the Mary Whitehouse brigade but not making our travelling support into a target for the power trip morons in green jackets.

That's been the way as long as i can remember, Donovan. But what i think it outlines is that rather than deal internally with the problem....(and going by current word of mouth, the individuals aren't difficult to locate either on matchday or personally contacting them)...it has now become something that comes up on the screen of anyone who types 'Clyde FC' into their server. It has also left yet more ambiguity in asking fans themselves to consider if they have overstepped the mark.....which is open to ridicule. Good luck to anyone suggesting a way of dealing with this anything other than 'the club's way'.

Well that didn't take long to find a solution.

Keep playing football without scoring any goals and no one but the Castlemilk over 70's will be attending anyway.

Job done.

how dare you players and manager working their a**** off the chairman and directors are spending their own time building the club into a solid 2nd division outfit and banning 16 and 17 year old's from broadwood

and all you can complain about is the team losing games and not scoring a goal you really can't please some people????

He's a centre half, can chip in with a goal every now and again, but he tends to just be a pure rock at the back, solid big defender who's been our captain for the past 3 years and our PotY last season

We'll play him up front and hope for the best right now.....

doubt it more likely stick him into midfield as our play maker

It's been a frustrating start as there have been a few signs that we could have a really good team once they knit. I'd be happy with a win next week but I hope it's one that the strikers get a couple and build some confidence. That seems to be the main thing lacking right now. We're creating more than enough...it's just not happening for us in front of goal.

Deserves us right for being so optimistic about this season. I just don't know where we are going to get goals from, it seems Campbell, although a decent wee player will not grab many goals and also Gormley who also looks decent but is realising how much harder it is to get goals in this division than it is with a top junior side.

I have not been particuarly impressed with Higgins so far, the word was he would be a stand out in this division, admittedly i have only seen him twice thus far, lets hope he has more to offer than he has shown so far , i am not overly confident with Gibson in goals either and Mitchell is never a full back.

Deserves us right for being so optimistic about this season. I just don't know where we are going to get goals from, it seems Campbell, although a decent wee player will not grab many goals and also Gormley who also looks decent but is realising how much harder it is to get goals in this division than it is with a top junior side.

I have not been particuarly impressed with Higgins so far, the word was he would be a stand out in this division, admittedly i have only seen him twice thus far, lets hope he has more to offer than he has shown so far , i am not overly confident with Gibson in goals either and Mitchell is never a full back.

but apart that were OK ????

Archived