Clyde FC 2015/16 Thread

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The club can't win here.

Clearly some people have pointed out it is starting to go over the line, and along with videos, and people being ejected (heard they may have brought alcohol into the ground but didn't see it myself) then the club are asking some amongst us to have a wee think.

Alternative is, anything goes and some people who want to bring their wives & kids will not do so, which is something that hurts the club in the long run.

The posts above would suggest some don't like being asked to rein it in, and won't do so, or alternatively will stay away which hurts the club.

Like anything in life there is a balance - no swearing is not an acceptable position, but neither is constant swearing & abuse.

Those who don't want to attend within those boundaries have no respect for other Clyde fans & there are a number of them.

Cue the inevitable.........

The club can't win here.

Clearly some people have pointed out it is starting to go over the line, and along with videos, and people being ejected (heard they may have brought alcohol into the ground but didn't see it myself) then the club are asking some amongst us to have a wee think.

Alternative is, anything goes and some people who want to bring their wives & kids will not do so, which is something that hurts the club in the long run.

The posts above would suggest some don't like being asked to rein it in, and won't do so, or alternatively will stay away which hurts the club.

Like anything in life there is a balance - no swearing is not an acceptable position, but neither is constant swearing & abuse.

Those who don't want to attend within those boundaries have no respect for other Clyde fans & there are a number of them.

I'd have to agree completely with this. The issue i can see is that it's a reactionary move, not proactionary.....pointing the finger and laying down the law is one thing, but it has to be countered with what the club are looking for from supporters....strictly speaking, matters concerning Clyde, be they the match opponents (players or supporters), our historic rivals or individuals present or past, is 100% legitimate. Songs about deceased reality TV contestants, constant referrals about players' sexual preferences or activities not concerning Clyde of the moment are as welcome as a fart in a boiler suit. This is where the issue comes up......a faither can tell his kid that Jamie Mitchell.is a lying wee shite who grabbed his thirty bits of silver, or that Pat Keogh is a fucking genuis. How he fields the question of 'what goes up his bum, daddy?' really isn't an issue he ought to.face attending a football match.

Always remember my (late) dad asking me one day when walking out of firhill (after thumping em again) to stop singing non clyde songs when i was very young ,To this day ive always been in favour of singing bully wee etc which involves everyone as oppose to singing F**k Thistle n so on... Suppose its an age thing. Older n wiser n all that.

If club felt they needed to act on other supporters n families im for it but on the same breath dont chase away a new imerging youth that have been coming along in last few seasons when they could easily go elsewhere....

Fine line i suppose

Everyone has had their moment. I still think the way fans were both seated and segregated by a stair at Livi was poor. Too many stuck in a small space hearing every shout, song or sweary. Lots of challenges made those days due to this. Some even sat on wrong side of stair and were moved.

Plenty of people tutted at the 'conduct' of the noisier section for a long time before and during the good times, obviously this number has dwindled significantly to an extent that every tenth fart reverberates around the stand due to a general lack of buzz a respectable crowd can generate. Its not the noise....if it's the swearing content, its not because 'we don't give a f**k whoever you may be', or wearing a hat which says 'f**k the thistle'. Or because the opposition are 'so shite its unbelievable'. Maybe it's the bollocks 'banter'........if in doubt, ask the club....they know fine well who they are referring to, and short of pulling them up like errant schoolboys, the club can only appeal to those who may or may not think they are close to the line. If we're being honest about this, then maybe anyone taking offence and brushing it off as a giggle, or holding on to how things were in the auld days, perhaps the time has come to engage with the club to identify what is and isn't cool. They didn't put it on the site for a joke....its there for the whole world to see.

The club can't win here.

good post and probably sums up my views

the guys in question are young and like all of us have done daft things in the past that we certainly would cringe at today (in fact some still are ;) )

being of a certain age comes experience and times have changed what was acceptable years ago isnt now but there has to be some balance , Think SLW summed it up perfectly :thumsup2

what we don' t want is a group of fans that follow the team everywhere demonised and run out of town

I think there is a place for all types of fans those who are vocal ,those who want to come with families and wifes Is really out with the thought processes of clubs to come up with a solution

why at broadwood don't they have a designated family section I would put it right in the middle of the main stand around the tunnel kids love watching the players come out and they are close to the action on the pitch steward that part really strictly for language shouts etc

The part of the main stand right of the tunnel I would give a bit more of a relaxed attitude to language obviously if somebodies behavoiur gets out of hand then they need warned

as for away grounds how about one of the directors comes into the the away stand next game and has a quick chat with the guys explain that they are valued but that there are certain boundries sure they would respond to this better than getting as a agrro says the finger wagged in their face.

the players loved the backing they got at the away games lets find away to accomodate all the fans.

anyway back to the football need a win on Saturday get us back on track if we can play the way we did for first 20 min on Saturday then we will win the game would bring in Ferguson for brisbane think once campbell and Gormley get off the mark they will score a barrel load

3 1 to the Clyde

Archived