Clyde FC 2015/16 Thread

Well the clyde boys have started the season with a hard fought win with a great support following them to stirling whats the thoughts of they supporters on the Game ???

comfortable win as always.. and the same wih the real team :ass

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another very good interview on the site, this time Smith. Very impressed at the level.of knowledge about the club and desire to change things from this group of players....particularly his closing line of 'bringing old supporters back'. It's hard to imagine him having played against Clyde with anything like the crowds we had In The Day, so he is obviously acutely aware of not only the fact he's playing for a huge club, but also what we've been through recently.

Couple o things....

Anyone heard update on shetto move ....

I think we need a creative midfielder, Why cant BF use his contacts from his previous clubs like most managers do every season to their advantage, For Example Jim weir has a few St Johnstone players on loam.this season at Elgin from his time there & so on...

Just a thought

Interesting statement on the website about fan behaviour at away games this season.

not really interesting it's pathetic to tell you the truth usual as soon as there is a bit of atmosphere singing banter then the Clyde's answer to the wee free's appear ???? these people have never sworn in their life ? one complaint I heard was that every song sung had a swear word ????

ok some including myself can occasionally go a bit overboard but usually you realise it and cool your jets. unfortunately we now live in a society that contains serial moaners who spend there time going around looking to be offended

so is the club going to stop players and management swearing no thought not

Head on the block with this, but here goes......

...What i've believed for some time, is not a lot seems to be given back by the club for what is, even at its lowest numbers, is still easily in the top three travelling numbers in the division. This isn't undertaken easily by anyone who makes those journeys......the previous sledgehammer-to-crack-a-walnut approach to the problems before really only bred resentment, especially as the vast experience garnered by our fans saw a long period of pretty much anything-goes because a) games were better, and crowds were larger, hence the action on the park was primary focus; and b) the club had bigger problems to deal with. The Clyde support that remains has pretty much had to scramble for relevance even within the club.....what is the club's identity?? What's its attitude to things like supporter retention, interaction or education?? I don't know the answer, i know what i'd like it to be but there can't always be the pointed wagging finger.....it sounds like its been complaints from Clyde supporters that's tipped the scales here, as we've had supporters flung out of every ground in Scotland without the club making its own issue of it.

Nothing but praise from the players and management and then this? :lol:

I read that Rangers are going to let Andy Murdoch out on loan. Huge long shot but hopefully Barry is aware to ask the question as he would be some loan signing..

Head on the block with this, but here goes.........What i've believed for some time, is not a lot seems to be given back by the club for what is, even at its lowest numbers, is still easily in the top three travelling numbers in the division. This isn't undertaken easily by anyone who makes those journeys......the previous sledgehammer-to-crack-a-walnut approach to the problems before really only bred resentment, especially as the vast experience garnered by our fans saw a long period of pretty much anything-goes because a) games were better, and crowds were larger, hence the action on the park was primary focus; and b) the club had bigger problems to deal with. The Clyde support that remains has pretty much had to scramble for relevance even within the club.....what is the club's identity?? What's its attitude to things like supporter retention, interaction or education?? I don't know the answer, i know what i'd like it to be but there can't always be the pointed wagging finger.....it sounds like its been complaints from Clyde supporters that's tipped the scales here, as we've had supporters flung out of every ground in Scotland without the club making its own issue of it.

it's absolutely ridiculous statement to indicate that they have given permission to other clubs to eject fans from the ground , so did they think the other clubs wouldnt do it unless the Clyde polit bureau ok'd it ????

yet more ludicrous posturing from a board who are so out of touch ,think the old ivory tower syndrome is alive and well at Broadwood.

Think its a bit OTT for ejecting fans for swearing but in a environment of trying to attract young supporters to watch the team with under 16 go free then i think the club have a duty to make the atmosphere as child friendly as possible. Not saying that is the correct way about it but after the so called ultras video went viral think SFA may be looking for some sort of response.

ok some including myself can occasionally go a bit overboard but usually you realise it and cool your jets.

And this is where the devil is in the detail. The website statement refers to "relentless swearing". Where does the club see the line being between a sweary outburst in the heat of the moment and relentless swearing? Five renditions of "f**k them all" in a row might qualify.....

No wonder people are staying away from games if this is what it has come to, football has always been a working class mans game with swearing being part and parcel of it, if you can't let off a few sweary words on a Sat at the fitbaw then imho the games a bogey.

No wonder people are staying away from games if this is what it has come to, football has always been a working class mans game with swearing being part and parcel of it, if you can't let off a few sweary words on a Sat at the fitbaw then imho the games a bogey.

Having read the statement, I don't think that "a few sweary words" is the issue here.

Archived