Clyde FC 2015/16 Thread

It's half time at Broadwood and Houstie's dishing out aftershave and smart shirts to those who need them for paps.

Being in the stadium reminds me of being at a Clyde game years ago which was one of the most hostile games I've been at. You were playing Hamilton at home and Billy Reid had just been appointed Hamilton boss. I saw a guy huckled out for screaming out Reids apparent address and promising to visit him later. Was nuts! Although I was probably about 14 so it might have seemed worse than it was.

Anyone remember this? What was the anger all about?

You think that was bad? You should've heard some of the stuff getting shouted at Bomber Brown

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another decent interview on the OS, this time with Gormley. To be fair, Barry is keeping his mouth shut about taking on the world after last year's fiasco, and after doing his bizzo early, has let the players speak for themselves. Not a lot of the empty-promise bullshit we got before about 'trying 100% for the gaffer' and feint-praise 'never thought i'd get a chance with Clyde' etc, these guys give 100% whoever they play for and thats why Ferguson has brought them to the club. Special mentions to the appreciation of the support....and terrific message from Gormley.....we can only do it together. How good would it be if Andy McClay presented Marko with the trophy in May??? :)

its nice not to get feed bullshit but even better will be lifting the trophy at the end of the season

It's half time at Broadwood and Houstie's dishing out aftershave and smart shirts to those who need them for paps.

Being in the stadium reminds me of being at a Clyde game years ago which was one of the most hostile games I've been at. You were playing Hamilton at home and Billy Reid had just been appointed Hamilton boss. I saw a guy huckled out for screaming out Reids apparent address and promising to visit him later. Was nuts! Although I was probably about 14 so it might have seemed worse than it was.

Does anyone remember it!! Clyde fans never forget. John Clark still recieves death threats, and Craig Brown is still not allowed back for selling Pat Nevin and Iain Ferguson. That (2004-5-6) was an extremely turbulent period in the clubs history....one where opinion divided fans in what action we should take, but united them in absolute disgust at anyone who didn't throw straight dice. Reid basically worked his ticket, using the club's position to undermine his incentivised contract, and instructed three players to move to Hamilton ahead of his own appointment. He's just one of a long line of schysters we had who unfortunately, in order to acheive goals, were necessary at the time. We as a club should have just fucked them all up by going part-time in 2004.

Does anyone remember it!! Clyde fans never forget. John Clark still recieves death threats, and Craig Brown is still not allowed back for selling Pat Nevin and Iain Ferguson. That (2004-5-6) was an extremely turbulent period in the clubs history....one where opinion divided fans in what action we should take, but united them in absolute disgust at anyone who didn't throw straight dice. Reid basically worked his ticket, using the club's position to undermine his incentivised contract, and instructed three players to move to Hamilton ahead of his own appointment. He's just one of a long line of schysters we had who unfortunately, in order to acheive goals, were necessary at the time. We as a club should have just fucked them all up by going part-time in 2004.

Ah fair enough! I remember the chants of Billy Liar and the most brutal insults possible getting thrown around. Loads of people got chucked out I'm sure. Is that period where the finances started to come to a head? I remember people thinking you were close to SPL promotion at certain points.

The only other Clyde game I can remember going to was an incredible 4-3 win over Inverness when Duncan Shearer scored a hat trick!

Ah fair enough! I remember the chants of Billy Liar and the most brutal insults possible getting thrown around. Loads of people got chucked out I'm sure. Is that period where the finances started to come to a head? I remember people thinking you were close to SPL promotion at certain points.

The only other Clyde game I can remember going to was an incredible 4-3 win over Inverness when Duncan Shearer scored a hat trick!

Finances were always a four-letter-word at Clyde. They still are. The wolves were never far from the door, all thrpugh the period of 2002-9 in truth, and so unfortunately we could never really offer what anyone could call a 'future', on the flip side we presented a challenge to managers who could get themselves on the ladder if they made a success of it. Plenty of good men left the club without the hostility Reid and several others stirred up, but thats also another price of chasing the rainbow with a fucking hovercraft.....

That was fantastic. Clyde were 1-0 on Reid's first game back at Broadwood and the ball went out of play near the dugouts. Joe Miller bent down as if to pick up the ball but let it run through his legs to waste time then started laughing in Reid's direction. Reid didn't see the funny side and came over and shoved Miller, and the referee pulled him aside for a warning. It looked like he was about to be sent to the stand and the group of Clyde fans behind the dugout were beckoning for him to be sent up so they could get a piece of him. He stayed on the touchline in the end, which as you say, prompted one fan to shout that he knew where he lived :lol:

Another decent interview on the OS, this time with Gormley. To be fair, Barry is keeping his mouth shut about taking on the world after last year's fiasco, and after doing his bizzo early, has let the players speak for themselves. Not a lot of the empty-promise bullshit we got before about 'trying 100% for the gaffer' and feint-praise 'never thought i'd get a chance with Clyde' etc, these guys give 100% whoever they play for and thats why Ferguson has brought them to the club. Special mentions to the appreciation of the support....and terrific message from Gormley.....we can only do it together. How good would it be if Andy McClay presented Marko with the trophy in May??? :)

If one additional car load of Clyde fans decides to make their way to the game tomorrow/next weekend then that article has done its job. It's important to increase positivity as if we get a strong start then we'll be tough to stop.

Personally, whilst looking forward to the game tomorrow, the nerves are already starting to build for the Stirling game. Can't wait to see how we look up against another League 2 side.

If one additional car load of Clyde fans decides to make their way to the game tomorrow/next weekend then that article has done its job. It's important to increase positivity as if we get a strong start then we'll be tough to stop.

Personally, whilst looking forward to the game tomorrow, the nerves are already starting to build for the Stirling game. Can't wait to see how we look up against another League 2 side.

good point David looking forward to the game today but next week is the big one for me how we measure up against teams in our own division think your right if we get a good start and build up some momentum we will be hard to stop

we are a big strong powerful team and showed in flashes last week through Higgins and Gormley in particular that wee bit of class

I see in Daily record article BF has mentioned loans but sometimes in St keen on them ,must admit we do appear to have good spirit about us and you never know if loans could disrupt that ,however if you get the ones with right attitude shouldn't be a problem apparently teams like players to go through full pre season before loan deals and probably have to wait to window closes

would have liked to see slane back at the club

Has anyone received their season ticket through the post yet? First home game isn't for a few weeks but I've recently moved house and starting to think it might have been posted to my old address.

Mine not arrived yet, certainly have had them through the post last few years. I assumed this year would be the same, no big deal if they are to be picked up at first home game saves club postage I suppose

You have to collect them from the office before the first home game. I confirmed that with one of the directors a week or so ago. You can probably pick it up at the advertised midweek times as well.

Sounds like we've given two solid enough performances against decent opposition. Last season taught us that these games mean f**k all, however. Really excited for next week now; cautiously optimistic for the season ahead. A bit of luck with injuries and we'll surely be up there.

How many supporters do you all think we can gather with the new under 16 free at home promotion this season ??

If the team is winning then people will go.

Even then, I completely forgot about that deal until you mentioned it there.

Duffy's last season we were winning and the attendance didn't really go up[/quote

but we never had the publicity fergusson has generated that said think it is more tempting the absent fans back than new fans from cumbernauld the real push for new fans comes when we move to shettleston

and the whole ek Clyde thing was alive and well during duffy''s last season

Archived