Clyde FC 2015/16 Thread

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gibson is my only fear this season, Alloa fans despise him lol

Our fans don't despise him, he just wasn't good enough for our level. He was supposed to be going to Elgin last summer, something their fans were very happy about as he had done well on loan there, but Barry Smith stepped in and signed him from Alloa. Gibson had a bit of an iffy start with injuries and some not entirely convincing performances so in the end Craig McDowell, who was really a backup keeper, became first choice. When Danny Lennon took over McDowell had had a couple of poor games so he put Gibson in for the run in and he did ok until that Forfar disaster.

I'd imagine the boy's confidence is bit fragile but he was obviously rated as a youngster and he did have that successful loan spell at Elgin. He hasn't had a long spell of games anywhere as the established no 1 so this season could be the making of him, or indeed the end of him.

I liked Gormley at Alloa a few years back, always felt he could have had a good career had he knuckled down and put the work in. Bit older and wiser now and if he's fit and motivated should do well. Bolo is a solid citizen too and also great option to throw up front late on if you're chasing a game.

Our fans don't despise him, he just wasn't good enough for our level. He was supposed to be going to Elgin last summer, something their fans were very happy about as he had done well on loan there, but Barry Smith stepped in and signed him from Alloa. Gibson had a bit of an iffy start with injuries and some not entirely convincing performances so in the end Craig McDowell, who was really a backup keeper, became first choice. When Danny Lennon took over McDowell had had a couple of poor games so he put Gibson in for the run in and he did ok until that Forfar disaster.

I'd imagine the boy's confidence is bit fragile but he was obviously rated as a youngster and he did have that successful loan spell at Elgin. He hasn't had a long spell of games anywhere as the established no 1 so this season could be the making of him, or indeed the end of him.

I liked Gormley at Alloa a few years back, always felt he could have had a good career had he knuckled down and put the work in. Bit older and wiser now and if he's fit and motivated should do well. Bolo is a solid citizen too and also great option to throw up front late on if you're chasing a game.

Barry Ferguson certainly rates him and will be our first choice without a doubt. Our back up keeper is the aforementioned 16 year old and as BF has said, it's too early for Mark but he will train with the first team. Even if Gibson picks up an injury (quite worried by looking at some of these posts) we will draft in a loan if possible.

Has the young keeper Marc McMillan had a run out or is he still in the u20s?

See above - he will train with the first team but I would be very surprised to see him start bar an injury to Gibson during the warm up or something.

Livingston FC have announced they will re-sign Declan Gallagher ahead of his appeal against his three-year jail term for attacking a man with a baseball bat.

Looks likely that Gallagher will be playing against us on Saturday

Hello Clyde,

I'm driving to the Falkirk game at Broadwood tomorrow night. Is there free parking nearby?

Big car park behind the ground. Just follow the yellow 'Away support' signs when you get to Broadwood roundabout.It used to be a couple of quid but last season's visits it was free.

got some time against QOS Mark still with first team

That's good to hear he is big enough now for a keeper ,a remember when he played for Bc and he was quite wee for a keeper

he must be about 6ft 3 last time i seen him

hope he gets a chance and does well

Another decent interview on the OS, this time with Gormley. To be fair, Barry is keeping his mouth shut about taking on the world after last year's fiasco, and after doing his bizzo early, has let the players speak for themselves. Not a lot of the empty-promise bullshit we got before about 'trying 100% for the gaffer' and feint-praise 'never thought i'd get a chance with Clyde' etc, these guys give 100% whoever they play for and thats why Ferguson has brought them to the club. Special mentions to the appreciation of the support....and terrific message from Gormley.....we can only do it together. How good would it be if Andy McClay presented Marko with the trophy in May??? :)

Good article from BF in today's Record, makes a change talking about Clyde rather than Rangers, although I gather this wasn't anything to do with him, he was employed to discuss his old team.

I get the feeling that he realises last season was a bit of a monumental f**k up, having basically three different teams in 12 months, and has settled for a more concise, but quality squad to pick from this year.

Grounded tomorrow most likely, but looking forward to Stirling next Saturday.

It's half time at Broadwood and Houstie's dishing out aftershave and smart shirts to those who need them for paps.

Being in the stadium reminds me of being at a Clyde game years ago which was one of the most hostile games I've been at. You were playing Hamilton at home and Billy Reid had just been appointed Hamilton boss. I saw a guy huckled out for screaming out Reids apparent address and promising to visit him later. Was nuts! Although I was probably about 14 so it might have seemed worse than it was.

Anyone remember this? What was the anger all about?

Archived