Clyde FC 2015/16 Thread

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I won't be one of the ones using Mr Alexander as an excuse to stay away.

I was just asking the question why he hasn't been brought to task about whole E.K fiasco !!

Has it just been swept under the carpet...or is the fact that there's a lack of bog roll in the toilets at Deadwood more important at meetings nowadays?

Amen! I was fiercely against the EK name change and said the day that Clyde officially becomes EK Clyde, that will be the day Clyde FC, the team I support dies. I was then laughed at by fellow fans for saying this and stating my intentions to take my son to Falkirk games to try and keep him away from the old firm.

Despite all of that, I still went to watch my team as the badge still clearly said Clyde FC. Some people are just finding any excuse not to bother anymore, the Alexander one is just fuckin pathetic.

Guys as an exile i try and get to a game as often as i can, (this has meant 1 game last season), but I know for a fact that the exiles still buy season books and pay for our programmes. I for one would love to be able to get to more games but personal circumstances (living in Stockport, working in Warrington, Fiance in Manc-land) mean I can't offer any other excuses than that!!

Are you some kind of mind reader? How do you know if anyone was 100% behind it. Almost everyone I know voted yes as the lesser of two evils, so to present anything else is in my view very misleading.

I must have been halucinating when the vote was won a the meeting in april 2013 cheering and whooping at voting for the lesser of two evils :(

anyway a lesson learned never sell your club name and always beware snake oil salesmen

I won't be one of the ones using Mr Alexander as an excuse to stay away.

I was just asking the question why he hasn't been brought to task about whole E.K fiasco !!

Has it just been swept under the carpet...or is the fact that there's a lack of bog roll in the toilets at Deadwood more important at meetings nowadays?

a few at the meeting did take him to task and he still thinks it was a good idea ,as you say over the past two and half years the clubs name seemed way down the list of concerns floodlights ,toilets ,summer football, broken seats and the colts name all over the stadium have all been greater priorities.

each to their own

hopefully the shettleston deal will be finalised, get the terracing built and get in there for next season, get everyone pulling in the same direction. I am buying a season book for the first time in 3 years (said I would if the name change got removed ) and I am really looking forward to the season ahead.

Clyde now and for ever

a few at the meeting did take him to task and he still thinks it was a good idea ,as you say over the past two and half years the clubs name seemed way down the list of concerns floodlights ,toilets ,summer football, broken seats and the colts name all over the stadium have all been greater priorities.

each to their own

If he still thinks moving and changing the name was a good idea then fair enough. I presume challenging Mr Alexander would be more along the lines of whether he thinks it was still reasonable to scaremonger and blatantly lie to get what he wanted. It seems like even the yes voters are now saying they only voted that way because they believed the propaganda. It's a funny situation where people accept they were lied to but still put blind faith in the person who lied to them

Having said that, I thought we were all trying to "move on"...and anyway i've not seen anyone on here say they are staying away because he is Chairman.

If he still thinks moving and changing the name was a good idea then fair enough. I presume challenging Mr Alexander would be more along the lines of whether he thinks it was still reasonable to scaremonger and blatantly lie to get what he wanted. It seems like even the yes voters are now saying they only voted that way because they believed the propaganda. It's a funny situation where people accept they were lied to but still put blind faith in the person who lied to them

Having said that, I thought we were all trying to "move on"...and anyway i've not seen anyone on here say they are staying away because he is Chairman.

Page 37 second last post.

hopefully the shettleston deal will be finalised, get the terracing built and get in there for next season, get everyone pulling in the same direction. I am buying a season book for the first time in 3 years (said I would if the name change got removed ) and I am really looking forward to the season ahead.

Clyde now and for ever

good man glad you are there for the team

Page 37 second last post.

I know i said plenty wont be back under alexander and i guess i exaggerated (slightly) but i do know 4 or 5 ex season ticket holders and at least another couple who turned up every other week depending on work/family commitments who just wont be back as long as he is there.

Honestly cant blame or question people not turning up while alexander is still chairman. Personally if he gets us the shettleston gig and we have any type of success on the park this year then i would like to see him go. Be remembered for something positive rather than the guy who almost killed us.

Just my personal opinion, but i dont think you will ever truly galvanise the whole support until he is gone

You culdn't get Clyde fans to agree on the colour of shite, let alone galvanise the numbers with a solitary action. f**k knows why so many support the man, but they do; any pass remarks like CST made are used against any constructive points anyone tries to make about anything which goes wrong. Lets look at the facts.....in this, the worst period in the club's history, there's been more division than ever. This hasn't been because one group of fans don't like the other....it's been engineered. Badly. When the club finally broke the mould and led the way with the Rangers statement, we then had a fucking board member contradict it; every problem at the club is always the stadium's fault, because everyone's been whipped into this frenzy of believing we didn't deserve the brilliant times we've had there. It's that bad, we're still bastarting there. We can't even part ways with long-serving backroom staff without it turning into a British picture. I dont believe staying away from what will remain Clyde is the answer to the problem. Oleksandar doesn't walk.away with anyone's cash in his pocket; if you're fucked off with him and his running, then turn up and tell him.

You culdn't get Clyde fans to agree on the colour of shite, let alone galvanise the numbers with a solitary action. f**k knows why so many support the man, but they do; any pass remarks like CST made are used against any constructive points anyone tries to make about anything which goes wrong. Lets look at the facts.....in this, the worst period in the club's history, there's been more division than ever. This hasn't been because one group of fans don't like the other....it's been engineered. Badly. When the club finally broke the mould and led the way with the Rangers statement, we then had a fucking board member contradict it; every problem at the club is always the stadium's fault, because everyone's been whipped into this frenzy of believing we didn't deserve the brilliant times we've had there. It's that bad, we're still bastarting there. We can't even part ways with long-serving backroom staff without it turning into a British picture. I dont believe staying away from what will remain Clyde is the answer to the problem. Oleksandar doesn't walk.away with anyone's cash in his pocket; if you're fucked off with him and his running, then turn up and tell him.

you are so correct in this statement but if they do galvanise and put the proper pressure on the board would have to step down

IMHO, people will not pressure any Board member to consider their position because everyone knows there are few willing and capable of filling the void.

you are so correct in this statement but if they do galvanise and put the proper pressure on the board would have to step down
IMHO, people will not pressure any Board member to consider their position because everyone knows there are few willing and capable of filling the void.
For want of a better word, isn't fans' abuse (customer complaints in any other business) an occupational hazard?? I hardly think that after all thats gone on, anyone involved is prepared to fold like a Ukrainian deckchair at the sound of a few pissed off punters. They've certainly a thicker skin than most, but again one's environment brings such traits out. What intrigues me is why the answer to any questioning whatsoever is met with the 'who else would do it??' response. What are people afraid of?? Can no one answer a simple question or face up to anything without worrying about offending someone somewhere along the line. Individuals matter f**k all.....its the club we're meant to support.

Although I would still have supported EK Clyde if that had been the outcome (who else would I have supported? Rangers? Celtic? Thistle? Glasgow Warriors?) I respected the views of people who decided they couldn't and wouldn't.

I thought it was an extreme view, however, to stop supporting Clyde - while the name remained unchanged.

I just don't understand why anybody would stop supporting their team, just because it MIGHT change its name in the future.

And as it turns out, it's not going to happen.

I'm also totally astonished at this "many won't be back till Alexander has gone" thing.

Even if you think he totally ballsed-up the move to EK, he still played a major part in saving us from going bust in the past.

He also received massive praise for his comments at the time of Rangers going tits up.

Is he a Craig Whyte? Or a Charles Green - trying to line his own pockets at the expense of the club?

Surely nobody is of that opinion?

I'm sure he'd probably agree he's made mistakes. Who hasn't?

Get real!

The man is a Clyde supporter through and through, who has put a lot of his own time and effort into doing what he (as Chairman) thinks is the best for the club.

If you disagree, stand against him at the next AGM.

I'll propose you, so I can hear what you have to say.

Tell us why you think he is so bad a Chairman that you use that as an excuse (because that's all it is) to continue to boycott games.

The proposed name change is dead and buried. Forget the personal vandetta against him (and the rest of the Board?), stop playing the martyr, and get back to supporting the team you claim to support.

Finally, I'm not a Barry Ferguson fan, but i look forward to being proved wrong if he gets us promoted next year.

Can't wait for the season to start. C'mon the Bully!

Although I would still have supported EK Clyde if that had been the outcome (who else would I have supported? Rangers? Celtic? Thistle? Glasgow Warriors?) I respected the views of people who decided they couldn't and wouldn't.

I thought it was an extreme view, however, to stop supporting Clyde - while the name remained unchanged.

I just don't understand why anybody would stop supporting their team, just because it MIGHT change its name in the future.

I'm also totally astonished at this "many won't be back till Alexander has gone" thing.

Even if you think he totally ballsed-up the move to EK, he still played a major part in saving us from going bust in the past.

He also received massive praise for his comments at the time of Rangers going tits up.

Is he a Craig Whyte? Or a Charles Green - trying to line his own pockets at the expense of the club?

Get real!

The man is a Clyde supporter through and through, who has put a lot of his own time and effort into doing what he (as Chairman) thinks is the best for the club.

Tell us why you think he is so bad a Chairman that you use that as an excuse (because that's all it is) to continue to boycott games.

The proposed name change is dead and buried. Forget the personal vandetta against him (and the rest of the Board?), stop playing the martyr, and get back to supporting the team you claim to support.

Finally, I'm not a Barry Ferguson fan, but i look forward to being proved wrong if he gets us promoted next year.

just to get this clear we are not allowed to question the chairmans actions unless you are prepared to stand as chairman ?

can you give me one incident when he has admitted he or the club made a mistake ?

he still thinks EK CLYDE was a good idea and does think or know if it cost the club financially mind you neither did the finance director

but as in all democratic institutions the majority of owners seem to back him so its a mute point voting him off

Get real!

ps you could have supported EKFC ,well that who you would have ended up supporting in the long run :lol:

Choosing to support EK Clyde would have been exactly that....a choice. As far as im concerned, there is no 'choice' in it. But time and again we hear this high and mighty pish about standing against the chairman if you disagree with him. Ive nit accused anyone of lining their pockets....there's simply no.cash to steal......but the title of Clyde chairman certainly carries a weight in the busines world which is bound to be of benefit to an individual's prospects. The two aren't seperate.....something drove the EK machine, and i don't believe it was entirely just the fact the team's been shite although that made it a million times easier.

Archived