Clyde FC 2015/16 Thread

I really don't see your point. A lot of the players from the central belt in the Scottish lower leagues have a decent chance of having being at the Old Firm at some point in their careers. From your description I presume you mean Grant Adam. Given Airdrie fans wanted to keep him and Alloa were after him (if I am recalling both correctly), I dare say he'd be a decent signing. If he can catch cross balls and command his area he'll be a good replacement for the outgoing Barclay.
Or it could be that Ferguson was with these players when he was at affiliated club. Therefore the signings will be made based on his opinion of how good they are and not how,where or why he based that opinion.
Here's a first.....an agreement with both of the above. I must have missed Mark McLaughlin's treble-winning season at Ibrox alongside Hugh Murray, Kiegan Parker and Scott Bonner McLaughlin. Where do people get this shit??

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As another poster mentioned on OS, There clearly a high amount of clyde supporters who simply don't like Barry Ferguson as a person considering they don't know him which is very sad and regardless if how well he does or not in some cases their views will always be the same

Pathetic if you ask me

Foreva n Eva

As another poster mentioned on OS, There clearly a high amount of clyde supporters who simply don't like Barry Ferguson as a person considering they don't know him which is very sad and regardless if how well he does or not in some cases their views will always be the same

Pathetic if you ask me

Foreva n Eva

It's nothing to do with him as a person, we were absolutely shit this season and if anybody thinks otherwise then they are deluded.

It's nothing to do with him as a person, we were absolutely shit this season and if anybody thinks otherwise then they are deluded.

What were your expectations for this season?

To continue the progression made by Jim Duffy from last season. I agree that Duffy had some shit seasons but progress was made, and we ultimately made the playoffs last season.

I look at John Hughes at ICT, took over an already successful team and didn't try to make wholesale changes. All he has done is get the players to buy into his football philosophy and style of play, give them confidence to do this and has actually had even more success than the previous manager.

So to answer your question, continue the progress already made and try to go one step further than last season.

As DW has pointed out, 2014 was 50% down to Duffy. As bad a calendar year as we have ever had, in truth. No one was blaming Duffy for his part in that, not even when we crawled home in 4th despite being in the top three for eight fucking months. 2015 has so far been a massive improvement. Acknowledge or ignore as you wish, but these are facts. Lots of very poor liars among us.

What were your expectations for this season?

Given we finished in the play-offs last season that was the minimum expectation for me so we have fallen short.

I am willing to give bf more time but his summer recruitment has to go well and we need to mount a challenge next season.

As an aside, anyone who thinks marco is a spent force is an idiot!

The stats don't lie which I agree with, so let's see the stats.

2014 under BF - 5 wins, 3 draws, 10 defeats. Our first win didn't come until 25th October and in total we gained 18 points.

2015 under BF - 8 wins, 5 draws, 5 defeats. In total we gained 29 points.

As you can see there has been an improvement in 2015 which I totally agree with.

In my opinion BF was to blame for the poor start as he made far too many changes, far too quickly.

Let's see what next season brings, we are all entitled to our opinion and mines is that under BF we may struggle to challenge at the top of the table.

The stats don't lie which I agree with, so let's see the stats.

2014 under BF - 5 wins, 3 draws, 10 defeats. Our first win didn't come until 25th October and in total we gained 18 points.

2015 under BF - 8 wins, 5 draws, 5 defeats. In total we gained 29 points.

As you can see there has been an improvement in 2015 which I totally agree with.

In my opinion BF was to blame for the poor start as he made far too many changes, far too quickly.

Let's see what next season brings, we are all entitled to our opinion and mines is that under BF we may struggle to challenge at the top of the table.

Eh....but but but. Didn't we win our first game of the season....i'm sure that was in August, not October. Were you this critical of Nice Guy Jim???

Eh....but but but. Didn't we win our first game of the season....i'm sure that was in August, not October. Were you this critical of Nice Guy Jim???

Apologies LEAGUE WIN didn't come until 25th October.

Apologies LEAGUE WIN didn't come until 25th October.

We beat Queens Park 2-1 at Airdrie in the very first league game of the season!

I agree he made too many changes too quickly. We also lost the two best players from Duffy's team in Mccluskey and macdonald. He did also have to clear out all the shite that Duffy was happy to retain like Scullion and Capuano.

If things hadn't picked up at the turn of the year then I doubt there would have been anyone wanting Ferguson to stay on. However things have clearly picked up and it is also pretty clear that some Clyde fans have a problem with who Ferguson is and who he used to play for.

Ferguson admitted during week at Cash for kids hes made mistakes. Some ppl just cant accept his honesty and will never/Dont want too..Confirms my previous post

as I said on the official site there is an element among the fans who just don't like Ferguson and quite clear they have some kind of agenda against him and simply won't even acknowledge he has learned from the start of the season and he has been refreshingly honest

We beat Queens Park 2-1 at Airdrie in the very first league game of the season!

I agree he made too many changes too quickly. We also lost the two best players from Duffy's team in Mccluskey and macdonald. He did also have to clear out all the shite that Duffy was happy to retain like Scullion and Capuano.

If things hadn't picked up at the turn of the year then I doubt there would have been anyone wanting Ferguson to stay on. However things have clearly picked up and it is also pretty clear that some Clyde fans have a problem with who Ferguson is and who he used to play for.

absolutely spot on ????

Archived