Clyde FC 2015/16 Thread

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nvr been more serious a know eyebrows raised at marko ,murray etc but fitba for young men great pros's but can outstay their welcome we survived job done time to coach or something but no more playing please as for the rest bwl perhaps marsh may deserve another season but I draw the line at that well done duffy yesterday credit where it's due

I'd get rid of Parker and Trayner, think McManus is overrated, murray hasn't done much for me, Marsh and Marko are good players and would have gave McDougall another deal if he wasn't off to Canada. Keep Roberts as a player/coach

If we can get someone decent for left back signed up then we should as Traynor just hasn't improved in the time in the first team and I'm worried that teams would just go at him as he is probably viewed as a weak link by them.

Glad this season is over, I was absolutely buzzing when I heard the news about Barry Ferguson becoming the new manager but to be honest it had been a total anticlimax.

I was very vocal on P&B earlier in the season about my unhappiness with the way the team was playing, the players BF was signing and the apparent lack of managerial ability shown by BF.

I am not going to get into slagging the players from this season but our absymal performances for me highlight either the lack of ability in either the players or the manager.

Moving forward I just hope and pray everything clicks into place for next season, and we can all enjoy a bit of success. I am also not going to discuss names of potential signings for next season which I have heard through a very good source, however, the players backgrounds and apparent reasoning as to why BF is signing them is a worry to me. BF must have a proper player recruitment structure in place, and not just sign players due to their past affiliation to a particular club.

Just want to put this season behind me because at times the atmosphere whilst watching matches has been awful. Watching BF for 90 minutes hurl abuse and swear at players, kick bottles, and overall act like a total idiot has been uncomfortable to watch at times. Spartans away was horrendous on and off the pitch, and surely things can only get better.

BF had the summer and January to recruit players, and for me overall the majority of signings have been a failure. As I mentioned previously, either BF or someone at the club must implement a proper player recruitment structure as potential signings that I have been hearing are closely affiliated to a previous club that our manager also has an affiliation with.

So what?? Half of the juniors of 1998 came from Maryhill along with the management team, no one had a problem with the then-manager filling the team with 'his' guys.....is he supposed to sign people he doesn't rate just to tick a box??. Who's being the *insert strong word* in that instance, basing signings on where they come from???. What they do for Clyde is all that matters. ON TEAM matters, a goalie, centre half, left back, wide player(s) and a prolific striker are required. Not just to win this poxy crappy league, but to watch a Clyde team playing properly again. We've got half of one at the moment, seven players is the number i've heard, hopefully all positions are addressed.

So what?? Half of the juniors of 1998 came from Maryhill along with the management team, no one had a problem with the then-manager filling the team with 'his' guys.....is he supposed to sign people he doesn't rate just to tick a box??. Who's being the *insert strong word* in that instance, basing signings on where they come from???. What they do for Clyde is all that matters. ON TEAM matters, a goalie, centre half, left back, wide player(s) and a prolific striker are required. Not just to win this poxy crappy league, but to watch a Clyde team playing properly again. We've got half of one at the moment, seven players is the number i've heard, hopefully all positions are addressed.

My point is that BF should not be so blinkered in only signing players due to their past affiliation to a particular club. Surely he has the ability to go to a match, watch a player and decide if he is good enough or not!!!

By the way from your list of positions above, you can cross off the goalkeeper required. We have signed a keeper who fits into BF's recruitment strategy of having an affiliation to a particular club.

Seen the boy play a couple of times in League 1, been at a good few clubs since leaving the club he shares an affiliation with BF. Once it is announced you can all make your judgement, and it should give you all an insight into the recruitment being employed by BF for next season.

I really don't see your point. A lot of the players from the central belt in the Scottish lower leagues have a decent chance of having being at the Old Firm at some point in their careers. From your description I presume you mean Grant Adam. Given Airdrie fans wanted to keep him and Alloa were after him (if I am recalling both correctly), I dare say he'd be a decent signing. If he can catch cross balls and command his area he'll be a good replacement for the outgoing Barclay.

Or it could be that Ferguson was with these players when he was at affiliated club. Therefore the signings will be made based on his opinion of how good they are and not how,where or why he based that opinion.

As you can see from my post above, I have made no reference to my opinion on the incoming goalkeepers ability. I will keep that opinion to myself.

Anyway we will need two goalkeepers as Barclay and Martin are both definitely away.

As long as BF is in charge, we will always sign players that share an affiliation with BF to a particular club.

If you look at last season, the only player to play every minute of every match was Scott Durie. I've watched matches were Scott Durie has been awful but never gets substituted or dropped. Other players make one or two mistakes and are never seen again. We are letting young Fraser McGhee go when for me he should have played Right Back at times as Durie was playing very poorly. At the end of the day though, Durie also shares this affiliation to a particular club.

Struggling to think of many ex-Rangers players who we have signed so far. Durie, Halkett, maybe Mcdougall? Suppose you could include McManus because of his uncle.

Absolute nonsense. I suppose Ferguson's a closet Dumbarton fan.

Well, surely a player's ability has to come into it? If he was signing dreadful players based on a Rangers connection, then that would be a problem. But Grant Adam and Archie Campbell (as rumoured) sound like good signings. Must have missed the point where Slane, Roberts, Pollock, McDougall, Parker, Marko, Murray, Fisher and Scott McLaughlin were affiliated to Rangers. As far as I know only Durie and McManus have clear Rangers connections and both have been decent players for us this season. Durie's far better now than he was at the start.

Edit: And Halkett, as above. But he was also a decent player for us.

Archived