Clyde FC 2015/16 Thread

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Positives:

• We've got the best defensive record in the division in 2015.
  • We have lost the least games (along with EF and QP).
  • Only Albion, East Fife and Elgin have picked up more points (and Elgin did that with the benefit of two extra games).
  • Ferguson has also managed to assemble a team in the January window who have picked up more points per game than the play-off team of last season.
Negatives:
  • We've scored the least goals in the division in 2015.
  • You'd be absolutely astonished if Alan Martin was still here next year.

If he pulls a couple of goalscorers out of the bag and Marko stays fit, there's a right good chance we'll get the play-offs next season.

Let the rumours commence.

Scott Durie

Mark McLaughlin

Scott McLaughlin

Hugh Murray

Scott Ferguson

Scott McManus

Brian McQueen

I think that's what we've got contracted for next year? Need more Scott's IMO. Would obviously like Martin and Marsh to stay out of the others, I expect Fisher to be just about the only other one kept on. Slane maybe could be given a pre-season.

I can only assume from today that O'Donnell and Parker are offski, Barclay's rumoured to be leaving and I don't imagine any of the loanees will be kept on. McDougall's away as well.

Brisbane was good in the draw. Was him who scored I think, seemed athletic.

As the match report writer for the programme, I hope we steer clear of Bolo.

Brisbane is a good young player. He has potential but has no confidence and doesn't believe in himself. He rarely ever shoots. He's a good dribbler and passer. He is also about 6"4 but never wins a header and doesn't use his height effectively, again down to confidence. Sure he will be good though. We offered him a new contract, but according to a club official I spoke to he is getting quite the wage increase with yous.

Bolo is a good player. He will put in a good shift regularly. He will get booked at least once a game, probably for arguing with refs. He will also get sent of against Berwick regularly. But it doesn't matter how much he fucks up you will love him, the man is a legend.

We all jumped in here 11th May last year thinking that team, with a bit of tinkering, could challenge again, and a year is a long time in football. You might need interpol to locate three quarters of them now, so i'll judge on what has been, not might be. We've finished reasonably strongly.......clearly an eye cast on next season, and given the vast diffrrence in overall performance pre and post January, Ferguson knows who and what he is after in a player now. Whether he gets thrm in or not is another matter, but i don't envisage a clean sweep of many players except those out of contract, who'd need replaced anyway. As ssb has said, the man deserves time to get things right.....lets see what summer brings.

Archived