Clyde FC 2015/16 Thread

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OS says a minute silence before game on Tuesday but it would be nice to have this applause in the 16th minute to go along with it.

Genuinely can't believe the news. Can only repeat what others have said about his ability, the fact he is still near the top of the assists chart despite leaving in January shows us the qualities he had.

RIP

Horrible news. 

Sad news.

Any indication as to what caused it?

Given the lack of reporting on any ilness and his age, one can't help jump to the most horrible scenario, but others may be more informed.

Horrible news. 

Given the lack of reporting on any ilness and his age, one can't help jump to the most horrible scenario, but others may be more informed.

There is a post on twitter by Iain Russell, who I assume was a team-mate at QOTS, that heavily suggests it was suicide.

Regrettably, the circumstances of Chris's death are on the front page of the Daily Record tomorrow.

I've no idea whether the family have given permission but I wouldn't be at all surprised if they hadn't.

This is an utterly tragic time for fans of the clubs he played for and for his immediate family and friends - more needs to be done in regards to mental health issues that footballers deal with during and ultimately after their careets.

Regrettably, the circumstances of Chris's death are on the front page of the Daily Record tomorrow.

I've no idea whether the family have given permission but I wouldn't be at all surprised if they hadn't.

This is an utterly tragic time for fans of the clubs he played for and for his immediate family and friends - more needs to be done in regards to mental health issues that footballers deal with during and ultimately after their careets.

Not a surprise to see a complete lack of class from the Daily Record.

I agree entirely with your second point. Unfortunately, it appears that Chris suffered from an absolutely horrible illness that I would never wish upon anyone. You never really know what lies underneath a smile but Chris seemed a happy, popular young man during his time with us. Hopefully, he is remembered this way.

Looks like the Sun and record have broken guidelines in their of reporting this.  Mainly around the headline containing how he took his own life.

"Avoid giving too much detail. Care should be taken when giving any detail of a suicide method. While saying someone hanged themselves or took an overdose is acceptable, detail about the type of ligature or type and quantity of tablets used is not. Avoid any mention of the method in headlines as this inadvertently promotes and perpetuates common methods of suicide."

Not that the red tops care a fucking jot about anything.

Archived