Clyde FC 2015/16 Thread

At least it is only half a team of signings this window. Getting better...

Would love to know how many players Barry Ferguson has used since 2014. I doubt any other manager in the UK has used anywhere near the same amount.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would love to know how many players Barry Ferguson has used since 2014. I doubt any other manager in the UK has used anywhere near the same amount.

60ish it was on this thread I'm sure

Sent from my iPhone using Pie & Bovril

He certainly doesn't tolerate players who he feels aren't good enough for his 'vision' and you can't knock him for continually striving to improve.

There surely has to be a question about the quality of coaching/man management and recruitment in the first place however when so many players are signed then binned in a short space of time.

He certainly doesn't tolerate players who he feels aren't good enough for his 'vision' and you can't knock him for continually striving to improve.

There surely has to be a question about the quality of coaching/man management and recruitment in the first place however when so many players are signed then binned in a short space of time.

Agree totally. My comment was an observation rather than sticking the boot in but you're spot on Clyde01

I read that Clyde B had their game postponed again at Greenfield today. Quite a few so far this winter. If there's going to be a game there every week, given Clyda A's backlog this season, it could become a serious backlog in a poor winter.

As part of the grand plan, how does Clyde intend to demonstrate to the other teams in the league that this move won't lead to a serious and regular backlog of games. Will the SPFL be inviting other club's to comment, or perhaps even vote on the viability of the proposed move with particular regard to the financial detriment such a move would force on other clubs as a consequence of the ground share?

Have to say guys, it's disappointing that Clyde fans aren't asking these type of questions. Your inaction will affect us all eventually. Get involved!

I read that Clyde B had their game postponed again at Greenfield today. Quite a few so far this winter. If there's going to be a game there every week, given Clyda A's backlog this season, it could become a serious backlog in a poor winter.

As part of the grand plan, how does Clyde intend to demonstrate to the other teams in the league that this move won't lead to a serious and regular backlog of games. Will the SPFL be inviting other club's to comment, or perhaps even vote on the viability of the proposed move with particular regard to the financial detriment such a move would force on other clubs as a consequence of the ground share?

Have to say guys, it's disappointing that Clyde fans aren't asking these type of questions. Your inaction will affect us all eventually. Get involved!

celtic v rangers rangers v celtic forum quiet tonight ?

Did you ask the same question of Elgin, who cause more fixture disruption than all of the other 41 clubs combined per annum? It's nice to note your concerns. There's another Glesga club who currently have five games in hand, and three of those at home, in the Premier. And that's without thirty rugby Yeti's bungling around on their cabbage patcg every other Friday, like they had until 2012. But, yeah. The lack of serious involvement is a major concern, just unfortunately not among the fucking Illuminati who seem to visualise something not to be shared. In the meantime, please bugger off.

Deary me. Such aggression. I'm being very considerate and you interpret that as a threat somehow. Why else would you be so defensive? Surely you can empathise with the prospect that other teams and their supporters would have a concern that teams from around the country would have to visit Glasgow in the midweek rather than a Saturday. Every club/fan who will travel to Shettleston has a legitimate right to understand the risks to their own club's finances. It was only last week or so that some of your chums were predicting an imminent signing of the deal. Surely no-one would be reckless enough to to agree contracts without approval from the game's governing body? Surely not.

Maybe you have not heard of it but there is a thing that a lot of lower league teams have now call an artificial surface.. These new systems tend not to cause many postponed games.. In fact if you ever managed to get to Hampden they have one there at Lesser, have a wee look.

Saturday night and on your phone / laptop in the Clyde forums. Again, I've got money sitting here for you, I also live in Falkirk so can have the money to you within 20 minutes. Find yourself a prostitute and I'll have the money over to you...

Your career as a pimp will probably not last long. You've got the basics wrong.

Did you ask the same question of Elgin, who cause more fixture disruption than all of the other 41 clubs combined per annum? It's nice to note your concerns. There's another Glesga club who currently have five games in hand, and three of those at home, in the Premier. And that's without thirty rugby Yeti's bungling around on their cabbage patcg every other Friday, like they had until 2012. But, yeah. The lack of serious involvement is a major concern, just unfortunately not among the fucking Illuminati who seem to visualise something not to be shared. In the meantime, please bugger off.

hiya shagro pal why you changed your name pal you sholdnt be afraid to be shagro noone will care mate

In that case, we'd be no different to the three other Glasgow clubs, and the fourth associate club, who between them have played matches on every single day of the week this season. And away supporters are probably going to find attending away matches at Clyde a lot easier, than the current solitary train station and confusing bus routes in and around Broadwood. What risks exactly are there to clubs' finances, which would merit a matter of concern beyond Clyde, the SFA and the SPFL......? Go on, indulge me, Tarquin.

Morning Shaw. Back to type I see. Let's compare Clyde with others to disguise our own shortcomings. Not very productive imho.

The thing about Change, Shaw, is that there's no point doing it unless it makes things better. Your argument about other clubs is irrelevant for two reasons. Firstly, if you want the best for Clyde then that should be your focus. Not defaulting to the "we're no as bad as others" defence mechanism. Secondly, the other clubs you mention have had those grounds for a very long time and by consequence have to make do with what they have. Any new grounds built in the last 20 years were all built with the intent of being better than what they were replacing. Fans might debate what they deem as "better" but the guiding principal (away from the emotional attachment fans feel) was to create a better, safer facility with healthy modern facilities and a decent playing surface.

Some of your chums have pointed out the rather obvious about artificial pitches, seats/terracing etc. I've politely declined to respond with the obvious statement that all these things cost money. Lots of money. Which seemingly Clyde don't have nor have the capacity to find. If they had, surely it would have been available over the last decade. And the question of what's in it for the other partner hasn't been answered either.

Your old frustration of being excluded is confusing too. I read somewhere of a vote that sanctioned a very small group to make these huge decisions on behalf of Clyde FC. If you and others on here really want to make a difference why aren't you in that elite group? It's not right to be blaming them when they are left to carry the burden. This is quite possibly the last chance a Clyde Board/Committee will have the chance to get it right for Clyde FC. I hope they do, really.

Who's comparing who with others, Compo? I've said it before, and will do again.......'Shaw', as you refer, had you and the other ballsacks in his pocket....i've no such wish. It's funny, Jamesy Lawd made the same, inaccurate guess. Coincidence.....not a chance!! At no stage did i make any reference about not being 'as bad' as the others......if it's Glasgow, on a dark Tuesday night, which is your primary concern for the three Annan or Elgin fans who travel away, then you're the very spokesman....not only do you leave Falkirk, a town with the same number of full member clubs as Glasgow, to support one Weegie outfit, you do so for TWO!

As for the 'exclusion' remark, you're way off......AGAIN.....there are now probably more Clyde fans who agree with me than not, and the triumphalism surrounding a poxy win against Berwick is a poor mask of the multitude of problems with the club. Many are rightly happy with the contributions of two or three new signings, but the fact is that being able to sign players of a sufficient standard is something which ought to be a by-product of playing in our own home, with all income going to the club to pay its way, and justify its place in the league. We've been continually lied to over this subject in the past, and have seen nothing to believe that the business model can or will be altered to embrace the local business communities wherever we end up.....that's whats vital to the success of any relocation. Pick the negative out of that, will ye.

Nothing like Shawfield Aggro at all. Job done. Good luck!

4G pitch.

Didn't you get kicked out of your stadium to groundshare recently?

Try harder Jamesy.

Morning Shaw. Back to type I see. Let's compare Clyde with others to disguise our own shortcomings. Not very productive imho.

The thing about Change, Shaw, is that there's no point doing it unless it makes things better. Your argument about other clubs is irrelevant for two reasons. Firstly, if you want the best for Clyde then that should be your focus. Not defaulting to the "we're no as bad as others" defence mechanism. Secondly, the other clubs you mention have had those grounds for a very long time and by consequence have to make do with what they have. Any new grounds built in the last 20 years were all built with the intent of being better than what they were replacing. Fans might debate what they deem as "better" but the guiding principal (away from the emotional attachment fans feel) was to create a better, safer facility with healthy modern facilities and a decent playing surface.

Some of your chums have pointed out the rather obvious about artificial pitches, seats/terracing etc. I've politely declined to respond with the obvious statement that all these things cost money. Lots of money. Which seemingly Clyde don't have nor have the capacity to find. If they had, surely it would have been available over the last decade. And the question of what's in it for the other partner hasn't been answered either.

Your old frustration of being excluded is confusing too. I read somewhere of a vote that sanctioned a very small group to make these huge decisions on behalf of Clyde FC. If you and others on here really want to make a difference why aren't you in that elite group? It's not right to be blaming them when they are left to carry the burden. This is quite possibly the last chance a Clyde Board/Committee will have the chance to get it right for Clyde FC. I hope they do, really.

Its just boring at this point please leave.

Archived