Queen's Park.

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awrite lads, Darren Miller is being linked with us in the paper - I've not seen it yet so I'm assuming it's the very same man who was with you last season. Capable of making the step up to the Championship? What sort of player is he?

Awrite lads, Darren Miller is being linked with us in the paper - I've not seen it yet so I'm assuming it's the very same man who was with you last season. Capable of making the step up to the Championship? What sort of player is he?

Personally, I don't think he's good enough for the step up. His set pieces are definitely his main asset, which on his day are absolutely fantastic and can chip in with some goals, however, his overall game isn't particularly great and didn't do anything from January onwards. He seems to have a bit of an attitude aswell which was shown at the montrose game and ultimately got released cause of it.

Signed up for 2015/16:

Tony Quinn
Scott Gibson
Ryan Hynes
Bryan Wharton
Ciaran McElroy
Paul Woods
Vinnie Berry
Willie Muir
Gavin Mitchell
Conor McVey
David McWilliams
John Carter
Sam George

Really pleased to see that we've kept some players who could easily have moved on. A decent platform of a squad to build on. Particularly pleased to see Woods and Muir signed back up after the brilliant season that they both had. I expect to see the likes of Mitchell improving even more and Carter to find the net on a more regular basis next season. Given Gus's eye for a player, I'm confident that we can be up around the playoffs again.

provided that you let him take all the free kicks, corners & penalties, your other players accept the blame for his misplaced passes, your fans never criticise him and ABOVE ALL you never sub him, then I reckon he'll fit in just fine and be consistently average for your level.

Personally, I don't think he's good enough for the step up. His set pieces are definitely his main asset, which on his day are absolutely fantastic and can chip in with some goals, however, his overall game isn't particularly great and didn't do anything from January onwards. He seems to have a bit of an attitude aswell which was shown at the montrose game and ultimately got released cause of it.

provided that you let him take all the free kicks, corners & penalties, your other players accept the blame for his misplaced passes, your fans never criticise him and ABOVE ALL you never sub him, then I reckon he'll fit in just fine and be consistently average for your level.

Sounds ideal, cheers :unsure:

How many of your guys are still in his back pocket? Probably all of them.

You set them up, we'll knock them in.

Think not,none on our current squad..

Previous squad. Charlie miller (Playing unfit so not really fair) Guiessepi Cappunao and

Pat Scullion,Aye okay to those two but not anything to put on your CV as one wasnt a CM and the other tried but that was really just that..

Longworth is class act(For stranraer) Dave Anderson is a good junior player & Will continue,Think we all know it putting personal feelings to one side..

Try again.

Not been on for a while so just catching up, great end to the season although we got beat :( no one would have expected that outcome! Even me if im honest! Playoffs and hopefully this year get the champion title! Pleased to see all the players signed again! Especially Paul Woods! As for Darren Miller going to dumbarton.. Great move for him and an achievement, thought he was by far one of our best players last season! 5 mins of madness cost him! Scored some big goals in big games and was definetly had the most passion i saw coming from any players (him and tony quinn)! Hope he does well as will look good for queens park (again)! Looking forward to new season! Season ticket purchase this week i think! Mon the spiders!

genuinely hope it works well for him next season and would appreciate occasional updates from you, but fear he's been the subject of so much thuggery in his last two seasons with us that you'll not be getting back nearly as fit a player that left you (I so want to be wrong about that and hope he can prove otherwise!!!!!!!!!!)

The wee man would never have agreed to come back if he didn't feel he was fit enough. Yip, realise he might not be the perpetual motion guy that left but his experience and desire should compensate for that. Hoping we might get Longworth back in a couple of seasons time as well ;)

Think not,none on our current squad..

Previous squad. Charlie miller (Playing unfit so not really fair) Guiessepi Cappunao and

Pat Scullion,Aye okay to those two but not anything to put on your CV as one wasnt a CM and the other tried but that was really just that..

Longworth is class act(For stranraer) Dave Anderson is a good junior player & Will continue,Think we all know it putting personal feelings to one side..

Try again.

Try what again? Your opinion is at odds with just about everyone else on the forum; that's fair enough. Based on seeing the guy in all his games as opposed to the ones against Clyde, he was different class even in the games against Rangers.

Miller officially away to Dumbarton. A strange one given that he didn't really kick his own arse after making Clyde cry at the turn of the year. Also responsible for the tremendous scenes at Gretna that resulted in several of our fans being shipped to Guantanamo Bay. Good luck to him.

Miller officially away to Dumbarton. A strange one given that he didn't really kick his own arse after making Clyde cry at the turn of the year. Also responsible for the tremendous scenes at Gretna that resulted in several of our fans being shipped to Guantanamo Bay. Good luck to him.

I'm listening...

half a dozen fans "invaded" (i.e. stepped a yard over the touchline) the pitch when we scored a last minute winner and nobody in officialdom even blinked - cue hysterical righteous response from the club who publicly demanded that the culprits own up for a caning at the headmaster's study, in-depth scrutiny of video footage, prolonged investigations and correspondence with those involved blah blah yawn etc.

glad you asked now?

The wee man would never have agreed to come back if he didn't feel he was fit enough. Yip, realise he might not be the perpetual motion guy that left but his experience and desire should compensate for that.)

Hope we can find a Saturday next season when QP don't have a game and KL have a home one - we've a lot to thank you for with regard to Davie and Jamie, and the least Davie deserves is that a few of us turn out to cheer him on in his battle to regain fitness - hopefully we'd be welcome temporary additions to the home support?

Hope we can find a Saturday next season when QP don't have a game and KL have a home one - we've a lot to thank you for with regard to Davie and Jamie, and the least Davie deserves is that a few of us turn out to cheer him on in his battle to regain fitness - hopefully we'd be welcome temporary additions to the home support?

Would be more than welcome mate, more than welcome.

If possible make it a local derby against Beith or against Auchinleck, Medda or even Pollok...wee Davy will be well up for those games even more than usual.

Archived