Queen's Park.

Thanks for that mate, wee Joe is one of my favourite junior players, makes it look so easy when on top of his game, and he entertains. For me there's not enough of that kind.

Also good to see Bryan has extended his stay, you've had a season watching him so I don't need to tell you about his plus points.

I worked with a QP legend, or so he told me, Robert Cameron, a goalkeeper. His aunt I think it was collected all the newspaper cuttings with him in it, programmes and such like, and made a scrapbook of it all. He let me read it and what an excellent read it was.

He had saved a couple of penalties in games for QP and one of the papers caught on to it that he was on a run so started following him.

They reported, No3 was saved, No4 saved, No5 saved, No6 saved, it would be poetic license to say No7 but I'm sure it stopped at six.

A real gem of a guy.

Anyway enough rambling from me. All the best for the season.

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

knew Bobby well..........back in '76 he, Alan Irvine and myself used to go to the cafe right by Hampden every Monday night after training for a hot orange drink - his career at QP ended after a poor game at (I think) Stranraer when he was told in the dressing room after the game by Joe Gilroy that he would never play for the club again..............there's man-management for you.............also remember the Evening Times clippings you're referring to, but the exaggerated way Bobby would tell it was that his was his version of "9 in a row" - what's he doing with himself these days anyhow?

knew Bobby well..........back in '76 he, Alan Irvine and myself used to go to the cafe right by Hampden every Monday night after training for a hot orange drink - his career at QP ended after a poor game at (I think) Stranraer when he was told in the dressing room after the game by Joe Gilroy that he would never play for the club again..............there's man-management for you.............also remember the Evening Times clippings you're referring to, but the exaggerated way Bobby would tell it was that his was his version of "9 in a row" - what's he doing with himself these days anyhow?

He works nightshift in a engineering firm in EK. I use the term work, loosely????. Lives in Bellshill these days where he looks after his son.

Real nice big guy, still looks the same as the pics in the programmes.

Mitchell will be going for a scan when the swelling goes down. Could be a bad yin, but there's no break.

Three goals down in ten minutes at a windy Bishop Auckland but goals from Burns, Quinn and Jamie Gallagher got us a pretty good draw. They were, like Consett last night, a physical mob.

Archived