Queen's Park.

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

a nice idea Phoenix (even in jest?), but to in order to have a truce you need to have a war, and last time I checked there was no official declaration of hostilities between the two sets of supporters............indeed most Clyde fans on P&B have stated that in rivalry terms we are an irrelevance (Thistle are their main antagonists), so what we are left with is the usual handful of stalkers who follow most of our threads with the sole aim of disrupting them...............but good luck in your KofiAnnanesque attemps to persuade them to desist

• 2 weeks later...

I hear we have a young lad out on loan to you and that he's doing well. Tony Ralston?

Obviously Queens Park fans will be better placed to comment on this than me, but the lad Ralston was a stand out against us during their 2-1 in September. He scored the winner, but his all round play was well above his years. Hard to believe he was/is only 16.

Whether this was a one off or has been a regular occurrence I don't know, but going purely from that 90 minutes then Celtic might just have a special player on their hands.

I hear we have a young lad out on loan to you and that he's doing well. Tony Ralston?

Outstanding, especially for someone so young. He has a bit of physical presence about him too. I'd expect him to be someone who could make the breakthrough into top division football, given the chance.

Thanks for the responses. Tierney has been outstanding for us at left back this season, would be incredible if we can get a similar player at right back a year or two down the line. People can say what they want about Ronny Deila, but he's done wonders for our youth development, including sending more people out on loan. We've had a bad history of getting top talent and letting them rot in our reserves, so it's good to see this changing.

indeed most Clyde fans on P&B have stated that in rivalry terms we are an irrelevance (Thistle are their main antagonists), so what we are left with is the usual handful of stalkers who follow most of our threads with the sole aim of disrupting them...............but good luck in your KofiAnnanesque attemps to persuade them to desist

Well, that's me been provided with my daily dose of irony. Thanks.

Thanks for the responses. Tierney has been outstanding for us at left back this season, would be incredible if we can get a similar player at right back a year or two down the line. People can say what they want about Ronny Deila, but he's done wonders for our youth development, including sending more people out on loan. We've had a bad history of getting top talent and letting them rot in our reserves, so it's good to see this changing.

unfortunately Ralston is now injured, so don't know whether we'll see him in a (b/w) hooped top again this year - however we'd be delighted if Ronny extended his loan, and hopefully the good feed back from and about Ralston might encourage similar loan deals in the future......................it's good for both clubs so why not?

unfortunately Ralston is now injured, so don't know whether we'll see him in a (b/w) hooped top again this year - however we'd be delighted if Ronny extended his loan, and hopefully the good feed back from and about Ralston might encourage similar loan deals in the future......................it's good for both clubs so why not?

I'd be happy with that, our youth needs game time and playing for another Glasgow team would allow them to stay in touch with Celtic, possibly training with both clubs. Seems like it should work for both parties

I'd be happy with that, our youth needs game time and playing for another Glasgow team would allow them to stay in touch with Celtic, possibly training with both clubs. Seems like it should work for both parties

that certainly was the hope 10 years ago, but then the Kjartan Finnbogason fiasco somehow put paid to that.........until now

On the coat-tails of yet another mob, tut tut. So much for the fabled youth development 'for the sake of playing'. I don't think we'll miss you very much.

Ground shared for about 100 years and now renting from the local authority. Sit doon.

Eight years, Daphne. Eight years. Go look up. Forgive my inability to distinguish amateur and not fuckin amateur when filling the team with....ahem, professionals. Unless, getting those guys in makes all the difference in getting results. Contradiction??? Aye says i. YOU sit doon.

Eight years, Daphne. Eight years. Go look up. Forgive my inability to distinguish amateur and not fuckin amateur when filling the team with....ahem, professionals. Unless, getting those guys in makes all the difference in getting results. Contradiction??? Aye says i. YOU sit doon.

You back at the football now that you're winning, champ? Was going to ask if you're still seething, but that's a given.

Still no actually 'back' as of yet, but intentions are to turn up on Saturday to see us get our arse felt by Shire, quite the thing. Don't change the subject....there's many reasons to support a team. For your peculiar gaggle, one of those reasons might be that there's one club whose MO is not getting caught up in the rat race of winning at all costs, playing and spectating purely for the fun of it (which is all very nice when the bastartin club can afford it, but thats another thing) and whatever else gives their fans a self-serving semi. I don't follow my team in the remotest hope of getting a swatch at Leagues or Cups either, but seeing as Clyde are intent on disregarding their own strategy, if its for the greater good i couldn't give an Ertha Kitt. I'm genuinely interested if this is something that is negotiable among the Somerville Drive Residents for Conservatism, or.....or not?? Bringing through other teams players suggests it very much is.

last time I checked you weren't allowed 11 loanees............as you well know (or you're a total buffoon if you don't) young players can learn from playing & training with better players, irrespective of their age, and you can make all the fine-line distinctions you want but QP have never paid a player anything other expenses, and as long as that remains the case then I'm happy to live with it............anyway, don't have the inclination to debate this with glory-hunters like you who now only follow their team when they're playing for the chance to go top of the league.....blow that and you'll be quickly back in your armchair moaning about them again

Ground shared for about 100 years and now renting from the local authority. Sit doon.

Clyde's first ground was Barrowfield Park, then in Bridgeton but on today's maps, Dalmarnock. The ground was leased for £50 per year. The lease expired in 1898 and the owners had other plans for the area. Clyde upped-sticks and moved across the river to a sports field in Shawfield after another team in the East End had cast a huge shadow over them.

The new ground was also on leased land from the Dixon family (they of the Blazes) and the move almost closed Clyde as a number of creditors tried to liquidate the company. And it remained this way for 30 years when Clyde, on their uppers for the third time in 3 decades, tried to piggy-back the racing frenzy and buy Shawfield and have Glasgow's premier race track, with a bit of football at the weeknds but the League stepped in and enforced rules that greyhounds would always take second prize to football and no football ground could host dugs. The Clyde chairman came up with the cunning plan to have the greyhound guys buy the stadium and let Clyde become the tenant. And that's how it stayed until 1986 when Clyde were evicted from their spiritual home.

So your 100 years is a bit short...Clyde have never owned their land nor stadium. Probably never will.

Clyde's first ground was Barrowfield Park, then in Bridgeton but on today's maps, Dalmarnock. The ground was leased for £50 per year. The lease expired in 1898 and the owners had other plans for the area. Clyde upped-sticks and moved across the river to a sports field in Shawfield after another team in the East End had cast a huge shadow over them.

The new ground was also on leased land from the Dixon family (they of the Blazes) and the move almost closed Clyde as a number of creditors tried to liquidate the company. And it remained this way for 30 years when Clyde, on their uppers for the third time in 3 decades, tried to piggy-back the racing frenzy and buy Shawfield and have Glasgow's premier race track, with a bit of football at the weeknds but the League stepped in and enforced rules that greyhounds would always take second prize to football and no football ground could host dugs. The Clyde chairman came up with the cunning plan to have the greyhound guys buy the stadium and let Clyde become the tenant. And that's how it stayed until 1986 when Clyde were evicted from their spiritual home.

So your 100 years is a bit short...Clyde have never owned their land nor stadium. Probably never will.

Wrong.

I believe the question was about ground sharing, not ownership, not only have you incorrectly answered a question that wasn't asked, here's a wee nugget of information about your teams ground sharing. Pot / kettle perhaps?

post-6258-1449011251949_thumb.jpg

Archived