Queen's Park.

Which isn't surprising as there aren't that many strikers around nowadays as most teams opt to play this boring, negative lone striker pish in front of a packed midfield. Some poor bugger wandering around on his own up front chasing scraps.

As a neutral, I'd kill (almost) to see a team play with a striking partnership, two strikers combining, setting up chances for each other, but it appears those days have gone for good :thumbsdown

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

and you don't see the irony that you were trawling our official site to find this.......so Darren, what else do you do with your spare time during the school holidays?

Right now I'm in Los Angeles on holiday and At that particular time as I was refreshing my Twitter and that tweet happened to come up. How about yourself?

What is it about Clyde that draws complete and utter spanners like you in? Away back to the Coronation Street thread. Lavvy heid.

Interesting point to make when you consider how active you are on all things Clyde on here, can't resist the big team eh?

From the Clyde OS....

'Clyde FC, Community Interest Club is a new start for the club we all support and a unique opportunity for you to become a part of its next chapter, by joining up and guiding it to greater things on the pitch and to becoming the major focus of the community's sporting life .'

Delete focus. Insert destroyer. The CIC is making a much better job of pissing off every potential new supporter in the area.

As you said, this is a QP thread. Just QP.

Taken out of context old fruit. It was in response to some Clyde nonce as I recall. Might have been you or that other invertebrate. A job at the Sun awaits you.

Anyhoos you've made your point and thoroughly deserve a round of the clap. Or dose of applause. Or a bit of both. Must go now and see how the fellows fixing the stable roof are getting along.

destined for at least The Championship, but perhaps still a bit raw for you guys a the moment - sign him, and then loan us him back for a sason and you'll have beaten what should be a big queue of clubs in 12 month's time

The juniors we signed last year worked out excellently well and it's certainly a pool of talent that's seen us do well in the past (Jamie Longworth and ~ sigh ~ Davie Anderson but two examples).

The lad from Beith looks good, but it's a bit early to say how they'll all fit in. McLeish (from Lowland side EK) scored a screamer last night against Dunfermline, by the way.

It'll be a tougher division this year, I reckon, and we'll need to step up a bit to equal last year's excellent finish of second. Looks like we've lost Rooney, and Darren Miller was away before the end of the year, but Gus has done a great job to keep the likes of Wharton, Berry and Woods (all signed from the juniors last year). But we need someone to bang the ball in the back of the net. Then again, don't we all.

Quietly confident.

Archived