Queen's Park.

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Annan (H), Clyde (A), Arbroath (A), East Fife (H) our first four games. Minimum 9 points there, only game I'm unsure of is Arbroath, If they carry their end of season form over to this year it'll be between them and us.

And Ian Gold from Clydebank.....allegedly

He's done well for himself since moving over from China, adapted well to the Scottish game. If he signs then good luck to, smashing guy and deserves the chance, as long as he doesn't score against Clyde.

Shaping up pretty well...

Aye, I don't think we could have hoped for better. Keeping the likes of Woods, Muir and Wharton is a huge bonus and Gus obviously has an eye for a player, so I've no major concerns about the abilities of the guys coming in. I do think we punched a wee bit above our weight last season, but the core of the squad now has a season of experience under its belt and will be looking, at least, to maintain the level of performance from last season.

There doesn't seem to be a real stand out team in the league and everyone will be capable of beating everyone else, so consistency will be the key. Turn a few of the narrow defeats into draws and draws into wins and we can be up there. I'm a fan of Carter and expect him to add a few more goals to his game this season, but would like to see Gus adding another front man to the squad. A 15 goal striker may well have seen us lift the title last season.

Guest wllemt

He's done well for himself since moving over from China, adapted well to the Scottish game. If he signs then good luck to, smashing guy and deserves the chance, as long as he doesn't score against Clyde.

He has a Chinese background?

I found the nationality of him is China in Wikipedia.

Nah he's Scottish born and bred, it's an old joke among friends. Shows you how often people blindly use Wikipedia though as a junior programmes labelled him as the only Chinese player in Junior football! If he signs then good luck to him, not seen him play since we were at school but I do know that you will get a commited professional who gives his all!

Guest wllemt

Nah he's Scottish born and bred, it's an old joke among friends. Shows you how often people blindly use Wikipedia though as a junior programmes labelled him as the only Chinese player in Junior football! If he signs then good luck to him, not seen him play since we were at school but I do know that you will get a commited professional who gives his all!

:lol:

Archived