Queen's Park.

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since we started signing ex-professionals (in the latter half of the 90s) I’m sure there are 2 types of form that a player can sign with us. 1 is an amateur form and the other is “ex-professional – no fee “or something like that

As for our players getting “tapped upâ€, I don’t see the need to get so precious about it. It happens all the time and I’m sure we’ve benefited from our coaches doing it as well. Some of our players believe it or not have agents who will alert them to interested clubs.

6 APPROACH TO PLAYER

A club, or an agent on behalf of a club, may only approach a registered player of another

club providing it/he/she has firstly advised, in writing, the player’s current club of its/their

intention to do so and providing the player has only six months or less of his current

agreement remaining. This Rule does not apply to youth players. (see - Registration

Procedure 2.5.1 re prohibition on approach to youth player).

Gardner strongly linked with a return to oversee the youth operation. Hope any promising young strikers are looking forward to their stint out wide!

no, no, please no!

if it happens, Annie - get yer gun!

Gardner strongly linked with a return to oversee the youth operation. Hope any promising young strikers are looking forward to their stint out wide!

Lumbering defensive midfielders to be converted to lone strikers. HOOF!

No no no Muir player of the year

Muir won the supporters' award, the one that matters

Supporters knowing more about football than the club committee.... who’d a thunk it? Well everyone really. I like Sean and I think he has done well this season considering he’s been asked to play all over the shop but even he knows he hasn’t been our player of the season

I also note on the club website no mention of the supporters’ awards winners at the moment but quick to publicise the opinion of 10 individuals sitting round a boardroom table. Pretty crap considering the whole event is organised by the supporters but then hi-jacked by the committee. The(thankfully)outgoing President’s speech was the usual long winded and boring bumbling pish – he’ll not be missed. The head of the Supporters’ Association might have rambled on a bit himself but at least he is sincere, humorous, and speaks with a genuine passion for the team that the rest of us mere mortal punters can relate to.

Is Muir signed up for next season? Wouldn't mind seeing him at Stenhousemuir. Goalkeeper's a position we've struggled in and I've always liked the look of yung Wullie.

Would love to keep him at Hampden, but I doubt he'll be short of offers. Certainly good enough to go full time if the opportunity presents itself and could certainly pick himself up decent part-time terms. Not only a very competent goalkeeper, but I get the impression that his attitude to the game is absolutely spot on as well. We've been pretty fortunate to have good goalkeepers over the past wee while. DC and Neil Parry were also excellent. Always surprised that DC didn't make it a wee bit higher in the game than he did.

Would love to keep him at Hampden, but I doubt he'll be short of offers. Certainly good enough to go full time if the opportunity presents itself and could certainly pick himself up decent part-time terms. Not only a very competent goalkeeper, but I get the impression that his attitude to the game is absolutely spot on as well. We've been pretty fortunate to have good goalkeepers over the past wee while. DC and Neil Parry were also excellent. Always surprised that DC didn't make it a wee bit higher in the game than he did.

He's a bit lacking in stature but he always seems to command his area well and organise his defence. Brilliant shot-stopper too, I remember some of his saves last season were outrageous.

What was the story with David Crawford? Am I right in thinking he had an agent who filled his head with all sorts about moving to England, only for him to pitch up at Dumbarton?

Archived