Another referendum?

bowmore

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just out of interest, what is the general chatter about this in relation to SNP success in the elections? Is it done for a generation or do you imagine it'll be a key objective of the next term?

Bear in mind that the SNP are big in Dundee where a generation is about 12 years

It's never going to be done until a Yes vote.

Who knows what the plans are or what the SNP's strategy is but what I do know is the more Westminster continues to shaft Scotland, belittle Scotland, tell us to get back in our boxes, ridicule our democratic voice it will hasten the inevitable Yes vote in the future. At the rate they are going it could come around next week.

If the Tories get in at Westminster this time round - and so plan to hold an EU referendum in 2017 or whenever - the SNP will put in their 2016 Holyrood manifesto that there'll be grounds for another Scottish independence referendum IF Scots vote to stay in EU and UK vote to leave EU. I predict.

Scotland will vote Yes this time and the EU will recognise us as the successor state that we will be. Simples.

Wish Labour would shut up about another referendum. The people decided, Murphy has turned it into a neverendum...

To me it is obvious why they are doing it though.

Last throw of the dice. I'm guessing the thinking behind it is because the people rejected it the last time they can imply that the SNP and Yes are the same thing.

People really aren't stupid enough to fall for that. Like everything else to do with Labour, it's a con trick

I can only assume the OP has not bothered to read any of the other threads or listen to anything Nicola Sturgeon has said for the last few weeks.

Strange behaviour for someone posting a new thread on this forum.

I think the option should be included in the 2016 manifesto. At the heart of everything the SNP is about is an independent Scotland. No need to shy away from it. If they command sufficient support at Holyrood then only an undemocratic Westminster can stop it happening. That would put the tin hat on things.

I think the option should be included in the 2016 manifesto. At the heart of everything the SNP is about is an independent Scotland. No need to shy away from it. If they command sufficient support at Holyrood then only an undemocratic Westminster can stop it happening. That would put the tin hat on things.

Here's my thoughts on it from another thread.

I hope they don't include a referendum in next year's manifesto, and leave it till 2020. Hopefully they'll have enough clout at Westminster for the next 5 years to establish the ground rules for a potential orderly hand over of power, clarifying the issues of currency, sharing of Bank of England assets and liabilities, pensions, EU membership etc., the things that fcuked them up in the referendum.

To me it is obvious why they are doing it though.

Last throw of the dice. I'm guessing the thinking behind it is because the people rejected it the last time they can imply that the SNP and Yes are the same thing.

People really aren't stupid enough to fall for that. Like everything else to do with Labour, it's a con trick

I know but 45% wont be conned, plus a decent majority of the no voters that are voting SNP. Its desperate from SLAB(the party that have sold Scotland short for years)

Second referendum chat is almost as tiresome as Oasis reunion chat. I'd like both to happen but at the moment it's just not going to happen. Give it a fucking rest.

Has Oasis split up?

I can only assume the OP has not bothered to read any of the other threads or listen to anything Nicola Sturgeon has said for the last few weeks.

Strange behaviour for someone posting a new thread on this forum.

Sorry, I've not been on for a while and only looked through the headline threads in which I couldn't see anything relating to this.

Fascinating stuff yet again though.

I think everyone knows there will be another one. When? Fvck knows but as long as the Scottish people vote for a party in a majority that have put it in their Scottish GE manifesto, it would be most unwise for Westminster to knock back the mandate.

I'm an SNP supporter and not once have I found myself saying anything about another referendum for the logic of backing the SNP. I think it's just come to the fact the unionist parties know it'll happen and are shitting themselves about it. We just want to get on and implement progressive politics in Scotland and across the UK in this GE but they like to spin it as a re run of the referendum.

As I may have said in another thread, I have found Nicola Sturgeon to be a breath of fresh air in the run up to this election - a million miles from the establishment automatons and snakes that we are left with down here.

Archived