Anderson

Scobbie

Swanson

Wotherspoon

Davidson

Millar

O'Halloran

MacLean

Pretty surprised with Graham dropped, but it looks a pretty exciting line up tbh. Swanson, Spoony and Mikey all floating about Macca harks back to last season

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just realised Andrew Dallas is the referee for this one. God help us all.......

Well I did warn you all!

He was awful. Absolutely awful. Genuinely rather have Collum.

We were shite too. Attacking is pathetic as per not helped the bizarre decision to relegate our top scorer to fourth choice striker.

Swansons a diving wee b*****d too. Last minute of the game, edge of the box, chance to shoot and he throws himself down for the second time. Just f**k off

Thought we played pretty well for the first hour, hitting the bar and creating notably the two chances that O'Halloran should have buried, but lost our impetus after the goal, which looked pretty cheap to concede.

Really only created the one chance in that final 30 minutes but it was a good move and on the balance of the whole game, felt we merited a point. Don't really like O'Halloran as a striker.

Certainly third will be very hard for us now with the two other teams in contention still to face off twice but huge game against United next week if we are to have a chance at fourth.

Has O'Halloran ever played well as a striker? Seemed a bizarre decision tbh, especially considering the form of Graham.

As others have said, I think Tommy chose the wrong starting line-up today. When you're setting up your team for an important match, you surely have to select the only striker who currently looks capable of scoring. Brian, as I expected, was very keen to prove himself when he eventually came on. Great goal. A lot of credit must go to Wotherspoon and Scobbie for setting him up with that opportunity. Great passion by the big man. It was great to see his attempts to get the crowd fired up in the aftermath.

I had no qualms with MacLean starting. I wanted the line-up to be as similar as possible to last week's one. It was a winning formula which I would have preferred to continue with. Of course, it's always a temptation to start Wotherspoon, Swanson and O'Halloran, but I simply don't like the latter as a striker and therefore would have started him on the bench again today.

Anderson struggles without a reliable centre-half playing beside him. Mackay did a fine job but it's obviously not his natural position. Chris Millar and Murray Davidson were good again. Swanson had a very good first-half before struggling in the second. As soon as Raven got booked, you could practically see Swanson smell blood. From that point onwards, I was reminded once again of that notorious match at Tannadice when he dived to get Steven Anderson sent off. It seemed like he was trying to do the same thing today. Unfortunately he also took a little tumble after Raven had been sent off. It was a bit disappointing.

The referee was pretty awful. Enough said.

Inverness are a good team. Very hard to break down. Good at stopping us from playing the football we would have maybe liked to play (which is, funnily enough, what we have been accused of doing by other teams). I'd be surprised if they didn't finish 3rd after today's result. With Dundee United getting an unexpected victory, a draw was a bit of a disappointing outcome for Saints. We must now focus on reclaiming 4th by beating the Arabs next week. Hopefully we could hold on to that position until the end of the season and pray that Caley win the cup.

Swansons attempt to win the penalty was a full blown minter. Thought he played well though that aside.

O'Hallaron is never a striker although I understand why Wright plays him there. Imperative we someone to play that role in the summer especially if Kane isn't rated highly enough.

Thought we merited a point. Davidson slowly looking like the player he was and Millar excellent as always. Graham looks our only geniune goal threat at the moment.

Raven shouldn't have been booked second time. Nothing challenge. Ref was an idiot, flashing cards for nothing but letting far worse go unchecked.

Lee Croft has taken some stick for his size over the years but take a look at Doran!

Raven dived in high and didnt win the ball. It was an obvious yellow. He had a two footed lunge in the first half that somehow got ignored too.

Hilarious the amount of times a Caley player would hit someone late without any form of punishment, Ofere mustve caught about five players late on numerous occasions and came away with one yellow.

Swanson shouldve been off for two dives aswell. While MacLean walks a tight rope now his games pretty much just trying to wind up defenders.

Raven shouldn't have been booked second time. Nothing challenge. Ref was an idiot, flashing cards for nothing but letting far worse go unchecked.

Lee Croft has taken some stick for his size over the years but take a look at Doran!

Really can't agree with that at all. It was a slide tackle from behind that had the only intent of cleaning out the man. Crazy tackle to make when on a yellow and fully deserved a second.

Don't really like O'Halloran as a striker.

Has O'Halloran ever played well as a striker? Seemed a bizarre decision tbh, especially considering the form of Graham.

Agree. He doesn't play well up front, and playing with his back to goal doesn't suit his strengths at all. He's at his best running onto thru passes or running at defenders.

Thought Tommy had a few strange ones yesterday.. Not starting the only striker we have that has been scoring goals, then the waiting ages to change it yesterday when we were one down and creating very little. Seemed to fanny about for ages over getting both subs on.

Inverness are awful in the way they disrupt the game with fouls and time wasting the whole time... I also now see why everyone gets so pissed off at us!

You would have thought if Graham was carrying a knock then Tommy would've mentioned it after the game. I wonder if he's told us he's signing for someone else next season? Just thought.

I'd hope that wouldn't matter tbh. Only thing I can think of is that he maybe seen a weakness in the Caley backline and thought MacLean coming deep and O'Halloran going long would stretch them and create chances, in theory that sounds like a good sort of plan but it never works like that with O'Halloran up front for some reason. He just doesn't have the movement.

Was interested to watch the Inverness goal back and it was a poor one to lose. The midfielder given time to pick the pass, Scobbie not working hard enough to prevent the cross and Miller not putting everything on the line to block it. That's not particular new with Miller though, who would regularly pass the Daz challenge with his shorts even after playing 90 minutes.

Was interested to watch the Inverness goal back and it was a poor one to lose. The midfielder given time to pick the pass, Scobbie not working hard enough to prevent the cross and Miller not putting everything on the line to block it. That's not particular new with Miller though, who would regularly pass the Daz challenge with his shorts even after playing 90 minutes.

Whilst I agree with all of that, I also thought Ando was on his heels to let Watkins get in front of him for the flick on, and Muzz obviously couldn't get back with Doran, so a lot of bad decisions contributed to a poor goal to lose

I would have taken a point before hand but disappointed to concede again after going ahead. We had a couple of decent efforts that forced Mannus into two similar diving saves whilst a superb Swanson effort cracked the bar and O'Halloran skied an easy effort over the bar. Doran's strike was a good one as was Graham's header. Poor defending from an ICT point of view. The Doran sub seemed to change the game as we sat back a lot more and looked to hit (even more) on the counter. I don't think we're particularly great at defending a lead by sitting too deep.

No complaints about the Raven sending off. I thought Davidson was lucky to get away with his initial tackle on Raven in the first half. We had some hilariously late challenges going in especially in the first 15 minutes of so Ofere really is a clumsy oaf. My favourite was when he jumped over the ball but then flew into a Saints player in some kind of WWE running knee jump kick move and sent him flying.

Andrew Dallas, as someone said earlier, really is a terrible referee. Easily as bad as Brian Colvin.

Archived